You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
spook_1971

MIdway Fighter Nerf

41 comments in this topic

[TWF-2]
[TWF-2]
Members
95 posts
14,132 battles

WG again cant stop [edited]with the US CV's  now they went and nerfed the fighters to t8 and did NOT compensate or warn players of this un -called for, un-wanted and un-necessary nerf, if WG'ing wants to make it a t8 ship  then make it a T8 ship, if that is the case.  Not everyone lives their live in the forums and PT's. and nothing in the main news page until a day or 2 before the nerf, Further more, i already had the T9 and 10 planes researched now i have to RE -research the t9 fighters again and re-spec my commander at my own cost, i worked long and hard for a ship I no longer want Oh by the way the Hakyryu kept its 4 T10 fighter squadrons load out.... W T F  WG'ing!

Edited by spook_1971
  • Cool 2
  • Bad 6

WoWS Wiki Editor
7,212 posts
6,433 battles

https://na.warships.today/vehicles

Midway Hakuryu
52.2% WinRate 41.1% WinRate
116k avg damage 94k avg damage
2k avg XP 1.5k avg XP
30 avg plane kills 20 avg plane kills

All over the last two weeks. I think that some sort of Action was necessary

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[WOLF2]
Members
2,992 posts
5,204 battles

It's been all over the forums, it was in the pts notes, what more do you want, someone to show up at your door to discuss every change on the horizon?

• Cool 2
  • Bad 1

[TWF-2]
[TWF-2]
Members
95 posts
14,132 battles
37 minutes ago, cometguy said:

It's been all over the forums, it was in the pts notes, what more do you want, someone to show up at your door to discuss every change on the horizon?

not everyone lives their lives in the forums and public test but thanks for the No help response....

Edited by spook_1971
  • Bad 4

[WOLF2]
Members
2,992 posts
5,204 battles
17 minutes ago, spook_1971 said:

not everyone lives their lives in the forums but thanks for the No help response....

Which is why I mentioned it was also in the public test patch notes. Everything wargaming has ever done to let anyone know about a change was also done for this.

• Cool 1
  • Bad 1

[SPTR]
Members
3,459 posts
5,670 battles
15 minutes ago, spook_1971 said:

not everyone lives their lives in the forums but thanks for the No help response....

I mean, we are not asking for you to loath on the forums... but at least look at patch notes before each update?

48 minutes ago, spook_1971 said:

Further more, i already had the t9 and 10 planes researched now i have to RE -research the t9 fighter again and re-spec my commander at my own cost

I don't think this is the case, as it has happened before, all of your research will be saved according to your pre-patch research progress. As for re-speccing your commander, honestly, I don't think there's a point. This fighter nerf won't change how Midway plays, especially her terrifying click-to-win dive bomber squadrons. 

• Cool 2

[HINON]
WoWS Wiki Editor, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
6,498 posts
3,751 battles

Midway was way too powerful in her previous form. This lowers her strength without harming her too badly.

• Cool 1

[TWF-2]
[TWF-2]
Members
95 posts
14,132 battles
1 minute ago, The_first_harbinger said:

I mean, we are not asking for you to loath on the forums... but at least look at patch notes before each update?

I don't think this is the case, as it has happened before, all of your research will be saved according to your pre-patch research progress. As for re-speccing your commander, honestly, I don't think there's a point. This fighter nerf won't change how Midway plays, especially her terrifying click-to-win dive bomber squadrons. 

First helpful response , thanx Harbinger! what do think about re-specking the commander to compensate the fighter skill now applies,???

[TWF-2]
[TWF-2]
Members
95 posts
14,132 battles
1 minute ago, Doomlock said:

Midway was way too powerful in her previous form. This lowers her strength without harming her too badly.

i can respect that 

[SPTR]
Members
3,459 posts
5,670 battles
2 minutes ago, spook_1971 said:

First helpful response , thanx Harbinger! what do think about re-specking the commander to compensate the fighter skill now applies,???

There aren't many commander skills that will become more or less powerful because of this nerf.

The only skill probably you should pick up after the nerf would the dogfighter expert (giving fighters bonus efficiency against higher tier opponents) previously not useful to Midway what so ever. It's a low-cost skill and honestly doesn't provide significant benefits.  Still, the most powerful tool of the Midway has over the Hakuryu haven't changed: superior total fighter count in the hangers and more fighters in a squadron to strafe with more flexibility.

• Cool 1

[STP]
[STP]
Beta Testers
2,022 posts
11,126 battles

All usn cvs need be worse then ijn cvs on this game.

• Bad 1

[HINON]
Supertester
7,520 posts
7,578 battles

They did warn players. It’s not their fault you’re too lazy to check the dev blog or read patch notes or go onto the PTS. It was also all over this forum and Reddit.

Edited by renegadestatuz
  • Bad 1

[TWF-2]
[TWF-2]
Members
95 posts
14,132 battles
17 minutes ago, renegadestatuz said:

They did warn players. It’s not their fault you’re too lazy to check the dev blog or read patch notes or go onto the PTS. It was also all over this forum and Reddit.

ANOTHER TrOLL WITH NOTHING HELPFUL TO OFFER....THANX MAN U  A REAL HELP....

• Bad 1

[TWF-2]
[TWF-2]
Members
95 posts
14,132 battles
31 minutes ago, HyenaHiena said:

All usn cvs need be worse then ijn cvs on this game.

APPARENTLY,... but , in reality, were they not better???

Edited by spook_1971
  • Bad 1

[STP]
[STP]
Beta Testers
2,022 posts
11,126 battles
1 hour ago, SireneRacker said:

https://na.warships.today/vehicles

Midway Hakuryu
52.2% WinRate 41.1% WinRate
116k avg damage 94k avg damage
2k avg XP 1.5k avg XP
30 avg plane kills 20 avg plane kills

All over the last two weeks. I think that some sort of Action was necessary

Now post the status of all rest cv lines. ijn 'win' most of time but i dont see you complain about that.

• Cool 1
  • Bad 1

[TWF-2]
[TWF-2]
Members
95 posts
14,132 battles

Guess this was a touchy subject for the die hard cv enthusiasts'....and a magnet for the trolls, Thanx to all who had helpful responses.  as for the rest of you.....

Edited by spook_1971
  • Cool 1
  • Bad 1

[HINON]
Supertester
7,520 posts
7,578 battles
9 minutes ago, spook_1971 said:

ANOTHER TrOLL WITH NOTHING HELPFUL TO OFFER....THANX MAN U  A REAL HELP....

Not trolling at all. Just pointing out that you’re wrong when you say they gave no warning.

Edited by renegadestatuz
  • Cool 1

[WOLF2]
Members
2,992 posts
5,204 battles
2 minutes ago, HyenaHiena said:

Now post the status of all rest cv lines. ijn 'win' most of time but i dont see you complain about that.

As a CV main, I would love to have more than one viable CV option at every tier. The monotony of tiers 4, 5, 6, 9, and 10 make games at those tiers boring, imo.

• Cool 1

[TWF-2]
[TWF-2]
Members
95 posts
14,132 battles
4 minutes ago, renegadestatuz said:

Not trolling at all. Just pointing out that you’re wrong when you say they gave no warning.

troll.gif

Edited by spook_1971

[TWF-2]
[TWF-2]
Members
95 posts
14,132 battles
8 minutes ago, cometguy said:

As a CV main, I would love to have more than one viable CV option at every tier. The monotony of tiers 4, 5, 6, 9, and 10 make games at those tiers boring, imo.

thank you, now that is a helpful response,  ;-)

[TWF-2]
[TWF-2]
Members
95 posts
14,132 battles
1 hour ago, The_first_harbinger said:

Terrifying, u must be referring to the AP Bomber Load Out. lol!

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
6,092 posts
9,193 battles
2 hours ago, spook_1971 said:

not everyone lives their lives in the forums and public test but thanks for the No help response....

Perhaps you would like a phone call from a Dev to give you a heads up next time.

Members
630 posts
705 battles
1 hour ago, The_first_harbinger said:

AP bombs only work on certain ships, some of which have insane AA.

[MIA-A]
[MIA-A]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
1,992 posts
7,653 battles
40 minutes ago, HyenaHiena said:

By a small percentage. USN CVs are equal in power to IJN in almost every other tier. Only in T9 I would day Essex is at a significant enough disadvantage where it might need changes.