Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
BullpupWOT

Located?

8 comments in this topic

[BNKR]
Members
674 posts
1,254 battles

From time to time, I'm seeing a white triangle with "located" beside it near the upper right corner of my screen. I thought maybe it was a spotted thing, but I've been seeing it most in my DDs when I'm still very close to spawn and couldn't possibly be spotted at all yet. 

Anybody know what this is?

[HINON]
Supertester
18,944 posts
12,460 battles

Means someone has your vector tracked with the RPF captain skill.

• Cool 1

[PSP]
Members
6,041 posts
8,584 battles

"Located" means that you are nearer to a ship with RPF than any other ship on your team. This actually can give you some good information about the general location of the undetected enemy team, especially if you become un-located and then another teammate says "located." If you are located and in a DD then it's best to try not to be for even though the enemy ship can't actually detect you yet, it knows that you are out there somewhere and has a general direction to your ship.  There is at least one Community Contributor who uses RPF on a gunship DD to good effect as a DD hunter-killer.  

Edited by Snargfargle

[BNKR]
Members
674 posts
1,254 battles
50 minutes ago, Snargfargle said:

"Located" means that you are nearer to a ship with RPF than any other ship on your team. This actually can give you some good information about the general location of the undetected enemy team, especially if you become un-located and then another teammate says "located." If you are located and in a DD then it's best to try not to be for even though the enemy ship can't actually detect you yet, it knows that you are out there somewhere and has a general direction to your ship.  There is at least one Community Contributor who uses RPF on a gunship DD to good effect as a DD hunter-killer.  

Interesting...what makes it lose contact then? Do islands cut it off?  I've seen it go dark while still moving forward but can't remember my exact positioning. 

[PSP]
Members
6,041 posts
8,584 battles
Just now, BullpupWOT said:

Interesting...what makes it lose contact then? Do islands cut it off?  I've seen it go dark while still moving forward but can't remember my exact positioning. 

The RPF loses contact with you when another ship on your team is closer to it than you are. With a coordinated team effort with everyone calling out when they are located you can actually get a pretty good idea of where the RPF ship is.

[BNKR]
Members
674 posts
1,254 battles
Just now, Snargfargle said:

The RPF loses contact with you when another ship on your team is closer to it than you are. With a coordinated team effort with everyone calling out when they are located you can actually get a pretty good idea of where the RPF ship is.

I'll start to broadcast it then...because teamwork is present in every battle (sarcasm).  I will actually start telling the team now that I know what it is. 

Sign in to follow this