Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Michael_Rees

Battle matching

2 comments in this topic

Members
4 posts
1,855 battles

Please fix the battle matching system... I and many players especially newer ones feel it is unfair.. Many of us are matched in  games against ships two tiers higher... at low tiers, it really doesn't make a huge difference.. but at the mid and upper tiers.. the difference is HUGE.. a good example is tier VIII and IX battleships being able to kill most tier VI cruisers with 1 shot... Tier VIII and IX destroyers able to out gun tier VI and VII cruisers. This is a major game imbalance and needs to be fixed.. The worst part is that it is not occuring when populations on the NA server are low but in prime time when there are high populations. I honestly would rather wait 10-20 minutes for a match rather than face a ship two tiers higher that will kill me in one shot.

• Cool 1

[CUTIE]
[CUTIE]
Members
168 posts
8,428 battles

While I'm not necessarily a fan of +2 matchmaking, a couple of notes for your reference: 

Cruisers, regardless of tier can be deleted by BBs of pretty much any tier. Case in point is one game I had in the Texas where I had 3 devastating strikes. One was on a Pensacola (2 tiers higher), one was on a Cleveland (+1 tier) . I've also outright deleted a Cleveland with an Iron Duke (using HE...). There's only about  about a 13% difference in the max full broadside output between  T5 New York and T8 North Carolina (103K vs 117K). Either is perfectly capable of removing a crusier with 2-3 citadels.  

Sign in to follow this