Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
CaptKeado

Manual fioring of Secondary weapons

9 comments in this topic

[EMPAC]
Members
5 posts
2,301 battles

OK, I have decided to look at firing these secondary's manually but am unsure how to accomplish this. Any tips?

[WOLF8]
Alpha Tester
1,038 posts
4,367 battles

It's not possible. This was discussed during Alpha and was deemed to be too overpowered. You can however research captain skills that will narrow the focus of your secondaries to a singular target and increase their accuracy/effectiveness.

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
1,322 posts
14,695 battles

It's as simple as Ctrl + click on the target.  If you have Manuel Secondaries as a Capt skill, they will ONLY fire at that target.  If you don't, they will focus those guns when in range and in the firing arcs AND fire at other targets when  they can't.

Same with manual AA.

[NDA]
Supertester, Alpha Tester
5,473 posts
4,055 battles

Keep in mind that when using the Manual Fire for Secondary Armament (Icon_ManualFireforSecondaries_dark.png) skill, your secondaries will only fire on the target you've selected (within range). That means if you don't select a target, your secondary guns won't fire at all. You also can't fire on two targets, even if one target is on the right of your ship and the other is on the left.

Members
6 posts
3,266 battles
16 hours ago, Warped_1 said:

Same with manual AA.

I was under the impression that Manual AA (the skill) didn't work the same as Manual Secondary fire (skill). I thought Manual AA still fired at everything just gave an extra bonus to the one control+clicked (beside the normal control+click bonus)?

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
1,322 posts
14,695 battles
1 hour ago, buddha69 said:

I was under the impression that Manual AA (the skill) didn't work the same as Manual Secondary fire (skill). I thought Manual AA still fired at everything just gave an extra bonus to the one control+clicked (beside the normal control+click bonus)?

Hmmm, I could be mistaken but I don't want to spend the points to check.  

Members
1,510 posts
7,962 battles

Hey

I have manual on my Tirpitz but went into a game tonight but could not get the secondaries to fire.  Had closest ship highlighted with the target on it, hit control and moved mouse to the target indication and left clicked to mark the target but nothing, the little indicator above the target indication would not show, tried a couple other ships, but no luck.  No secondaries at all.  Is there something I did wrong or is there a bug after this last update, I lost a few flags from it.  Worked fine before this last update today.  Rather frustrating.

Pete 

Supertester, Alpha Tester
6,026 posts

It may have been that the ship you selected was out of range of the secondaries.

[EMPAC]
Members
5 posts
2,301 battles

Thanks for the help you all! Yeah, sort of the reason why I had never chose it as skill is because I had no idea how you could do them both. Mains and secondary’s 

Sign in to follow this