You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
_ENO_

If you own a premium ship...

31 comments in this topic

[0456]
[0456]
Members
2,809 posts
7,992 battles

... And you run out of whatever camo you're wearing PLEASE default to the premium camo you paid for and don't let the ship run completely bare. 

I shouldn't have to "enable" auto resupply premium camo. Seriously. That's what money is for. 

• Cool 5
  • Funny 1

Beta Testers
1,287 posts
3,583 battles

Hmm I only run the premium camouflages on my premiums I use those limited camos on my normal ships I am surprised these days that people don't at least equip type 1 on their Colorados. Went into a battle today and that was the first time in awhile that I saw someone without a camo on their ship.

[POP]
Members
837 posts
9,459 battles

I'll be honest, I always thought the ships going without camo were bad****s..

Kind like goin' commando!

gal-nude-scene-sharon-stone-jpg.jpg

• Cool 1
  • Funny 2

[KP]
Members
1,992 posts
18,368 battles
12 minutes ago, Gascan75 said:

... And you run out of whatever camo you're wearing PLEASE default to the premium camo you paid for and don't let the ship run completely bare. 

I shouldn't have to "enable" auto resupply premium camo. Seriously. That's what money is for. 

Dude this is so funny I was just telling my Clan mates on Discord. 

WoWs rules

#1 always let the guy with no camo go ahead of you.

We all laughed been seeing this a lot lately.

Members
1,238 posts
8,919 battles
15 minutes ago, Gascan75 said:

$$$$

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
1,320 posts
14,658 battles

This has been brought up before and it was mentioned that some just like the looks of the stock ship.  Given the look of some of the camo, I don't blame them.

Members
1,238 posts
8,919 battles
1 minute ago, Warped_1 said:

This has been brought up before and it was mentioned that some just like the looks of the stock ship.  Given the look of some of the camo, I don't blame them.

agreed...

Edited by commodore_torakula
typo

[0456]
[0456]
Members
2,809 posts
7,992 battles

I know I've brought it up before too... If you need to pay doubloons for the camo you have when you run out- well you keep on paying doubloons whether you know it or not... If you purchased a premium ship and you run out of your camo you end up going dark again.

The difference is the "enabled" versus disabled. 

It's certainly not the end of the world but even a quick "are you sure you want to go to battle without camo?" question with an option to disable the warning might be a nice touch. 

• Cool 1

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
8,780 posts
14,796 battles
1 hour ago, Gascan75 said:

I'm curious about which ships you're seeing sans camo, because if it's a Kongo, Myoko, or Atago there is a good possibility they're ARP ships with that glaring and nauseating neon camo turned off. I saw a player sporting a bright blue Atago and it was the easiest ship to spot on the whole map. Right after that match, went into the little gears on the right above the ship icons and made sure all my ARP camo was turned off.

If it was any other type of ship then the poor guy was probably just broke until the end of the month.

[RKLES]
Members
7,093 posts
8,733 battles
1 hour ago, landedkiller said:

Hmm I only run the premium camouflages on my premiums I use those limited camos on my normal ships I am surprised these days that people don't at least equip type 1 on their Colorados. Went into a battle today and that was the first time in awhile that I saw someone without a camo on their ship.

Oh gets really good when you see ships in Ranked that do not have camo on their ships in Rank 5... :Smile_facepalm:

[CAST]
Members
1,397 posts
5,794 battles
1 hour ago, Gascan75 said:

It's certainly not the end of the world but even a quick "are you sure you want to go to battle without camo?" question with an option to disable the warning might be a nice touch.

This.

I ran out of whatever camo I was using on my Shima the other day & accidentally went into battle nekkid.  The whole time I'm wondering why my spotting circle says "6.1" instead of "5.9". :Smile_amazed:

Members
2,877 posts
5,187 battles
2 hours ago, Gascan75 said:

If you are in a premium ship and not wearing the premium camo you were equipped with...  Please be smart enough to realize that you ran out of camo and don't be the tool that runs around with none.   Money doesn't negate stupidity. 

• Boring 1

Members
2,877 posts
5,187 battles
Just now, CLUCH_CARGO said:

Why would you wear other than premium camo?  

This..  see above post by Clutch. 

Edited by CaptGodzillaPig
  • Cool 1

[AHOY_]
Beta Testers
6,410 posts
3,407 battles

For a moment, I thought it was a PSA over insisting other players use camo instead of bare hull once their special camo runs out.

Here's my planned response anyway: "How dare you tell me what camouflage to use! If I want to go into battle camo-less and naked, I damn well will! Look! Look and gaze with envy upon my ship's naked hull! Look at all her curves in her full glory! May it be burned into your retinas as the last thing you see before you return to port!" :cap_look:

Joke aside, I do agree that Premium ships could do with having their default Premium camo be auto-applied once the current consumable camouflage runs out.

Members
2,877 posts
5,187 battles
Just now, YamatoA150 said:

For a moment, I thought it was a PSA over insisting other players use camo instead of bare hull once their special camo runs out.

Here's my planned response anyway: "How dare you tell me what camouflage to use! If I want to go into battle camo-less and naked, I damn well will! Look! Look and gaze with envy upon my ship's naked hull! Look at all her curves in her full glory! May it be burned into your retinas as the last thing you see before you return to port!" :cap_look:

Joke aside, I do agree that Premium ships could do with having their default Premium camo be auto-applied once the current consumable camouflage runs out.

I don't.  If you are stupid enough to not realize that the camo you selected over your default camo has expired...then tough titty.  No different than any other ship when a camo expires.  If you can't wrap your head around having to put a new camo on when one is over..  you deserve what you get. 

• Boring 1

[WOLFB]
Members
613 posts
21,754 battles
3 hours ago, CaptGodzillaPig said:

This..  see above post by Clutch. 

You do realize some camo offers more than some premium camo in pay back right? 

[4HIM]
Members
1,699 posts
3,861 battles

I always just stick with the perma-camo they come with.  Then again, I typically don't like using anything that's "disposable".  If it's a bote I'm going to keep for a while, I'll get a perma-camo if one is available.  If one of those other camos gives a bit better payout, that's no big deal for me.  I typically don't do well enough for it to make an appreciable difference.  

[_ARP_]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
3,737 posts
3,186 battles

The only times I ever switched my Scharnhorst's Camo was for the New Year's Camo and two others I cannot remember that really looked extremely good on her. I am sad I missed out on the Arctic Camo for her, but other than that, my Premiums stay with their default Camos. 

WG, please give us the option to buy her Arctic Camo with Doubloons! 

~Hunter

[0456]
[0456]
Members
2,809 posts
7,992 battles
5 hours ago, CLUCH_CARGO said:

Why would you wear other than premium camo?  

I don't know about you but I use my premium ships to train my captains and I don't know of a premium ship that comes with a 250% captain xp boost camo applied. 

[ARGSY]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,104 posts
18,616 battles

The same topic was up a few months ago.

Niko asked sometimes in game why they don't use the camo and he got the answer: I don't like a ship with camo.

Members
2,877 posts
5,187 battles
4 hours ago, fbrrhd said:

You do realize some camo offers more than some premium camo in pay back right? 

I do.  You do realize that if you run consumables (camo, signal flags, etc) it is your responsibility to make sure you have the appropriate stuff equipped before you start a game and not the game designers responsibility to try to read your mind and make sure you have what you need when you hit the battle button...  Right? 

This applies to any ship.  Not just premies.  If you hit BATTLE and you aren't ready for it..  there is only one person to blame.

Typical little snowflakes..  "Please take care of me because I can't take care of (or responsibility for) myself."

• Cool 1
  • Bad 2