Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Ghostdog1355

Tales from the DogPound: Episode 6

9 comments in this topic

[CVA16]
Members
2,750 posts
6,254 battles

Tales from the DogPound: Episode 6. You may need to read episodes 1-5 to catch up on the story.

th?id=OIP.RtGeszUb-yjGTAhAJ1YJnwD0D_&pidth?id=OIP.8VFf3gbapXh5TGXVYmnJowHaFj&pidth?id=OIP.7n9e0AL0DgvnHxyv-phdIgHaEK&pidth?id=OIP.iVIVxHiBtfulCnyddH7opAAAAA&pidth?id=OIP.lOuwyCiIAqJ3S3dDUDMZUwHaE8&pid

Captain Ghostdog                     Ensign Pippi                                               Commander Skip                                  Chief Buttkuss                                     Lester "The cat"

We deployed that night in the Port of Galveston aboard all those ships before us. Lester had worked up the rosters where each pair of dogs would be assigned based upon the type of ship and the age of each pair.

For example if we had an older wily dog whose past master was mechanically inclined we would pair him with a pup aboard a Tender or Repair ship. So we basically had an older dog with a "trainee". We went aboard over 100 ships over the course of about 3 days in Galveston bay. We had the guys walk down the piers with the sailors as they boarded their ships. Slowly but surely they all got aboard their assigned ships. Those sailors embraced the boys. They all had standing orders to obey, mind, listen, learn and do not crap or pee inside. Basic dog rules.

Lester and I watched those 3 days to make sure everyone got to their posts. There were 2 ships left in port that last day. I knew not what would become of my "Crew". I look at Lester and say "You know why I kept you back and didn't assign you right?" He says "Yea, you got a plan." I die laughing and say "Hell no I thought you had one for us!!!" "Well crap Ghost" he laughs.

We look at other and chuckle some more. "Ghost where did you come from he asks." "Funny you ask I say." "I was adopted and left abandoned. I was caught and put in the pound with Skip, Pippi and Butkuss. We planned our escape the day before we were to be putdown.."

Cat just looks at me and I at him. "Know the feeling Ghost he says after a long while. I never had a home. Slept wherever. Ate what I could. Became one tough azz ally cat to survive." "And then I ended up in the pound with you and you broke me out."

It's time for me and Lester to make our move. "Ghost, he says, there is a battleship that just pulled into port this afternoon. I think we could get on." "What ship is it I ask." "Ghost I believe it may be the Texas." 

I'm stunned to my core. I think of my past, Pippip, Skip, Buttkuss and all that they are going to endure along with all the other crew members.

Cat and I walk down the pier to where the Texas is moored. Lights are all on lighting up the red, white and blue with the Star of Texas. The crew is  loading supplies, Willie Nelson music is playing and spirits are high. This is BB 35. Pride of Texas. Sailors are petting me and cat and talking to us. One kneels down and points his finger at us and says "You boys stay right here ok."

Cat and I stay right there,. Moments later the Captain of the Texas walks down the gangplank and onto the dock where Lester and I are sitting, Grizzled old sea captain with years upon him. I look up at the Texas and there are sailors every where cheering. He turns in front of me, pulls out a memo and says "Captain I have been instructed to train you and your other crews aboard our other ships to support our efforts. The crew of the Texas welcomes you and your ensign aboard."

"You both have your accommodations prepared in the officers quarters." "You two will trained by the best so you can join the fleet, Don't be late in the morning." He smiles and walk off as an Ensign walks me and cat through the ship. We get to our rooms and Lester jokes "Think there's a litter box in my room? I really gotta crap." I die laughing, nudge my door open with my nose and paw,. Crawl into a real bed and get ready for what I have no idea, just feels good to sleep........

TO BE CONTINUED

;

• Cool 2

[POP]
Members
1,156 posts
14,809 battles
2 hours ago, Ghostdog1355 said:

Tales from the DogPound: Episode 6. You may need to read episodes 1-5 to catch up on the story.

th?id=OIP.RtGeszUb-yjGTAhAJ1YJnwD0D_&pidth?id=OIP.8VFf3gbapXh5TGXVYmnJowHaFj&pidth?id=OIP.7n9e0AL0DgvnHxyv-phdIgHaEK&pidth?id=OIP.iVIVxHiBtfulCnyddH7opAAAAA&pidth?id=OIP.lOuwyCiIAqJ3S3dDUDMZUwHaE8&pid

Captain Ghostdog                     Ensign Pippi                                               Commander Skip                                  Chief Buttkuss                                     Lester "The cat"

We deployed that night in the Port of Galveston aboard all those ships before us. Lester had worked up the rosters where each pair of dogs would be assigned based upon the type of ship and the age of each pair.

For example if we had an older wily dog whose past master was mechanically inclined we would pair him with a pup aboard a Tender or Repair ship. So we basically had an older dog with a "trainee". We went aboard over 100 ships over the course of about 3 days in Galveston bay. We had the guys walk down the piers with the sailors as they boarded their ships. Slowly but surely they all got aboard their assigned ships. Those sailors embraced the boys. They all had standing orders to obey, mind, listen, learn and do not crap or pee inside. Basic dog rules.

Lester and I watched those 3 days to make sure everyone got to their posts. There were 2 ships left in port that last day. I knew not what would become of my "Crew". I look at Lester and say "You know why I kept you back and didn't assign you right?" He says "Yea, you got a plan." I die laughing and say "Hell no I thought you had one for us!!!" "Well crap Ghost" he laughs.

We look at other and chuckle some more. "Ghost where did you come from he asks." "Funny you ask I say." "I was adopted and left abandoned. I was caught and put in the pound with Skip, Pippi and Butkuss. We planned our escape the day before we were to be putdown.."

Cat just looks at me and I at him. "Know the feeling Ghost he says after a long while. I never had a home. Slept wherever. Ate what I could. Became one tough azz ally cat to survive." "And then I ended up in the pound with you and you broke me out."

It's time for me and Lester to make our move. "Ghost, he says, there is a battleship that just pulled into port this afternoon. I think we could get on." "What ship is it I ask." "Ghost I believe it may be the Texas." 

I'm stunned to my core. I think of my past, Pippip, Skip, Buttkuss and all that they are going to endure along with all the other crew members.

Cat and I walk down the pier to where the Texas is moored. Lights are all on lighting up the red, white and blue with the Star of Texas. The crew is  loading supplies, Willie Nelson music is playing and spirits are high. This is BB 35. Pride of Texas. Sailors are petting me and cat and talking to us. One kneels down and points his finger at us and says "You boys stay right here ok."

Cat and I stay right there,. Moments later the Captain of the Texas walks down the gangplank and onto the dock where Lester and I are sitting, Grizzled old sea captain with years upon him. I look up at the Texas and there are sailors every where cheering. He turns in front of me, pulls out a memo and says "Captain I have been instructed to train you and your other crews aboard our other ships to support our efforts. The crew of the Texas welcomes you and your ensign aboard."

"You both have your accommodations prepared in the officers quarters." "You two will trained by the best so you can join the fleet, Don't be late in the morning." He smiles and walk off as an Ensign walks me and cat through the ship. We get to our rooms and Lester jokes "Think there's a litter box in my room? I really gotta crap." I die laughing, nudge my door open with my nose and paw,. Crawl into a real bed and get ready for what I have no idea, just feels good to sleep........

TO BE CONTINUED

;

The plot thickens though i suspected that this would be the ship

On a side subject relating to Texas what configuration is she in there at the bottom of your post as i recall she carried her scout plane on one of the aft turrets, in this picture you have its shows her with 2 scouts amidships.

cheers 

[PSP]
Members
6,044 posts
8,585 battles

Lester says, "If that's what it takes to get brushed, I ain't havin' none of that, thank you!"

64c963c45bbc0118a4c44050f3a1c994.jpg

• Funny 1

[WOLF3]
Members
6,050 posts
2,213 battles

My Lester begs to get brushed.

GD, you must have one lively house .. er .. ship.

[CVA16]
Members
2,750 posts
6,254 battles
3 minutes ago, tm63au said:

The plot thickens though i suspected that this would be the ship

On a side subject relating to Texas what configuration is she in there at the bottom of your post as i recall she carried her scout plane on one of the aft turrets, in this picture you have its shows her with 2 scouts amidships.

cheers 

I pulled that picture off of the Texas website when I was setting up my profile stuff so can't really answer that. I'm from this area and visited the ship many times (25+) growing up. I was also a volunteer on the last restoration and the scout plane launchers have never been there.

[CVA16]
Members
2,750 posts
6,254 battles
7 minutes ago, iDuckman said:

My Lester begs to get brushed.

GD, you must have one lively house .. er .. ship.

Our family is a big dog lover. We always have been. Pippi, Skip, Buttkuss and Lester were real pets we had. Those pictures are the closest I could find but they are pretty much spot on. All of our dogs we ever had were rescue dogs. Dogs others didn't want or abandoned. As this story progresses more "characters" will roll through. Right now my wife Sue and I have 5 dogs. Sandy a long haired white chiquaqua 10 years old. She has traveled all over the country with me on business. Bella a black small dog mix that I got in a Walmart parking lot for 25 bucks(7 years old). Babette a grey poodle. Daughters roommates dog. She asked my wife and I if we take care of her for a semester about 9 years ago. She's blind now but is a cool azz dog. Mindy is, well a small brown dog. Love Mindy. She sleeps with me, goes every where with me and just a good little friend. Got her from the pound. And then there is Sophie my wife's Bulldog. Queen of the house. Black and white. Meanest teddy bear in the world. Her Arch enemy is the vacuum cleaner.

[PSP]
Members
6,044 posts
8,585 battles
17 minutes ago, Ghostdog1355 said:

Our family is a big dog lover. All of our dogs we ever had were rescue dogs. 

Most of my pets were either given to me (maybe 'pawned off' is a better term) or just showed up. All of out cats either just showed up or were kittens of one that had, including the current two. My first bird dog was a pup of a litter that my uncle's dog had had. My second was another pup of someone's dog's litter too. My third bird dog was pawned off on me by someone who realized that it was a bit too dumb to actually be a bird dog. After that, I got too busy to have a pet. I'd not even have a cat except that they keep showing up. They are good to keep the mice down though. We have hantavirus in the area and mice are not welcome in the garage or shop. 

1,542 posts
26 battles
13 hours ago, Ghostdog1355 said:

Our family is a big dog lover. We always have been. Pippi, Skip, Buttkuss and Lester were real pets we had. Those pictures are the closest I could find but they are pretty much spot on. All of our dogs we ever had were rescue dogs. Dogs others didn't want or abandoned. As this story progresses more "characters" will roll through. Right now my wife Sue and I have 5 dogs. Sandy a long haired white chiquaqua 10 years old. She has traveled all over the country with me on business. Bella a black small dog mix that I got in a Walmart parking lot for 25 bucks(7 years old). Babette a grey poodle. Daughters roommates dog. She asked my wife and I if we take care of her for a semester about 9 years ago. She's blind now but is a cool azz dog. Mindy is, well a small brown dog. Love Mindy. She sleeps with me, goes every where with me and just a good little friend. Got her from the pound. And then there is Sophie my wife's Bulldog. Queen of the house. Black and white. Meanest teddy bear in the world. Her Arch enemy is the vacuum cleaner.

Aww really? If you have any remaining old pictures of any of them I would love to see!

[CVA16]
Members
2,750 posts
6,254 battles
2 hours ago, WolfofWarship said:

Aww really? If you have any remaining old pictures of any of them I would love to see!

I'll see what I do ok.

Sign in to follow this