Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
EJ_TANK

Just a Thought about CV's and MM

6 comments in this topic

[-_W_-]
Members
32 posts
4,167 battles

I'm primarily a CV player, %46 of games are in carriers, and Ive been trying to help a clan mate get started with CV's. Trying to describe things as simple as changing the loadout has proven quite a chore over TS. I know they've finally introduced training rooms but that aside, what do you guys think increasing teams to 15 per side and having the possibility of having 2 carriers per side of equal tier? A thing like this would, in my opinion, help train new CV players, because you could more effectively "hold their hand" so to speak. It would also place an importance on AA at the higher tiers again, because lets face it, the higher the tier the less likely you'll see a carrier, this has made AA builds on ships almost redundant. Why have an AA build at 9 or 10 when you typically you see a CV once every 10-15 games? Its a waste of consumables and captain's points. AA builds are the US's specialty, and they have very little use for it. Like I said i just wanted to run this by some of you to see what you thought, I realize how something like this would be "abused" by 2 unicum CV players, but with all the help being giving to new CV players at the lower tiers maybe somehting like this would up balancing out with more skilled carrier captains at higher levels.

Members
216 posts
2,020 battles

Two CVs per side is a bad idea. At lower tiers it's fine because CVs aren't as powerful, but at T7 and up you're talking about 2 Shokakus per side, potentially unicums that can devastate the entire enemy team by themselves.

[-_W_-]
Members
32 posts
4,167 battles

You dint think that something like this would promote good AA play to counter it?

[TF16B]
Members
481 posts
6,661 battles

I have mixed emotions on this topic. I certainly understand your point of view and I totally agree USN CAs AA role is minmal with the current situation. Biggest problem is the dominance issue mentioned by 457th. There is nothing I hate more than 4 CV matches like that. I'm looking forward to hearing ideas on how to make CV play better, across the board. I really believe Devs. need to prioritize the improvements that have been promised  in the past. 

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
8,780 posts
14,785 battles
2 hours ago, EJ_TANK said:

increasing teams to 15 per side

Means longer que times, especially during times of low player population; WoW wants FASTER games, not slower ones.

lets face it, the higher the tier the less likely you'll see a carrier, this has made AA builds on ships almost redundant.

Only on the North American server; the other servers have higher CV populations and consequently higher percentages of AA heavy builds.

I realize how something like this would be "abused" by 2 unicum CV players

CV's in unicum hands are so powerful now that unless the opposing team has another good player the meta gets abused already. And WoW has NO CLUE what to do about it, which is why EVERY new premium CV has it's flight decks full of additional gimmicks.

You dint think that something like this would promote good AA play to counter it?

No I dint (a word amazingly similar to don't, as in DO NOT). I think it will promote more salt and complaints against CV's in general, a ship type WoW seems unable to get right.

1 hour ago, USNA_76 said:

I'm looking forward to hearing ideas on how to make CV play better, across the board.

There have been so many (so very, very many) Forum posts on ways to improve CV play in the 2+ years I've been playing (I've written a couple myself), with so many very good and workable solutions that players have (obviously) taken lots of time, effort, and research to put together, that I really think that ANY suggestion submitted by players is AUTOMATICALLY REJECTED FOREVER by the WoW development team. It really all began when they were first introduced and the squadron loadouts were unbalanced, and every single "FIX" WoW has introduced since has only made them worse, and the player population as a whole more upset with them as a type. At this point I wish they would make them all bots, remove fighters alltogether, and just let the whole thing go from there; it could not possibly get any worse.

Unless they bring Graf Zeppelin back.

1 hour ago, USNA_76 said:

I really believe Devs. need to prioritize the improvements that have been promised  in the past.

I'd be happy if the Devs would just read and consider the POSTS of the past.

[TF16B]
Members
481 posts
6,661 battles

There is not a single thing you say that I disagree with. I would really hate to see the CVs go bot, as many of the best friends I have in this game are CV players.

Sign in to follow this