You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
IcyThor

Midway rebalanced

21 comments in this topic

[DONUT]
Members
413 posts
5,121 battles

There is no valid reason to rebalance Midway other than enemy players who whine and cry because IJN high tier CVs are inferior.  I have played many matches with USN vs USN.  That is an accurate way to test the abilities of the players. 

How long will Americans players continue to fund WG if they listen to the whiners from other nations? 

I have been grinding USN CV up to T8.  No more because I bust my butt and WG pushes a button and turns the Midway into a weak CV. 

I have been grinding USN DD up to T7.  No more because WG will rebalance Benson, Fletcher and Gearing because they are superior. 

I am proud to be American and I choose to play USN.   

• Angry 1

[USNGL]
Members
85 posts
4,371 battles
9 minutes ago, IcyThor said:

There is no valid reason to rebalance Midway other than enemy players who whine and cry because IJN high tier CVs are inferior.  I have played many matches with USN vs USN.  That is an accurate way to test the abilities of the players. 

How long will Americans players continue to fund WG if they listen to the whiners from other nations? 

I have been grinding USN CV up to T8.  No more because I bust my butt and WG pushes a button and turns the Midway into a weak CV. 

I have been grinding USN DD up to T7.  No more because WG will rebalance Benson, Fletcher and Gearing because they are superior. 

I am proud to be American and I choose to play USN.   

That's great but the changes are not actually as bad as they are being made out to be. I agree they shouldn't be made in the first place but the Midway will still be stupidly strong. Also For the DDs there is a lot more balance among the different nations so they won't change Benson Fletcher and Gearing as they aren't statistical outliers like Midway has been. I have/had all 4 ships you've mentioned and they are all still a lot of fun to play. 

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
8,780 posts
14,815 battles
45 minutes ago, MountainManxDan said:

Thats not how balancing works.  Nation has nothing to do with it.

Then please explain to me why the "Long Lance" IJN torps, which were the stealthiest torps in the world at the time of their introduction, have the WORST detection in the game?

Because they're IJN, and anything DD and IJN gets nerf-hammered hard. Meanwhile, Russian torps can only be detected 1 K away, and we're getting not 1 but 2 new and totally OP Russian Battleships disguised as cruisers.

But I'm sure you're right and Nationality has NOTHING to do with this.

Members
956 posts
11,153 battles
13 minutes ago, Umikami said:

Then please explain to me why the "Long Lance" IJN torps, which were the stealthiest torps in the world at the time of their introduction, have the WORST detection in the game?

Because they're IJN, and anything DD and IJN gets nerf-hammered hard. Meanwhile, Russian torps can only be detected 1 K away, and we're getting not 1 but 2 new and totally OP Russian Battleships disguised as cruisers.

But I'm sure you're right and Nationality has NOTHING to do with this.

I don't care about historical accuracy and while some ijn DD's do need adjustment there are still good ones.  US DD's also have really low torp detect ranges and there is no proof the new cruisers are op, they havent even been released.

While WG doesn't handle balancing all that well this nerf for Midway is warranted and a isn't because of non american players like the op seems to think.

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
6,708 posts
11,324 battles

Not sure what your nationality has to do with anything or why that would inform what boats you choose to play, but alright.

Fletcher is one an amazing DD and there is no reason to suspect a rebalance of it anytime soon, you would be doing your self a disservice to stop working that like because your upset about WG rebalancing a ship that you don't even have. From many of my American friends in this game, I have heard Midway could use some rebalancing. I don't have an opinion since I haven't played it.

Ps, Americans are minority in the grand scheme of who pays WG bills, stop being so entitled to believe everything WG does should be to appease Americans.

[KNTI2]
[KNTI2]
Members
166 posts
8,132 battles

Uhmmm, so basically what you are saying is that all different nationalities should stop whining and accept the fact that their ships are weak in some way (in the case of weak against USN) but yet you are here whining about USN ships being weak... What also doesn't make sense is that you entitled yourself as a "proud American" and choose to play USN warships which were developed by a Russian team that is part of Wargaming Europe branch....

WG is rebalancing Midway not because it is outperforming Hakuryu (it is only part of the big reason since Hakuryu continues to be competent ship to play even if Midway is currently the dominant one), but because lately Midways have been breaking damage records if you follow the YouTube scene and ever since the change to her loadout in 0.6.14, Midway raised to the top in such short amount of time. It's more like everyone recognized Midway's improvement and not only the players who play Hakuryu. From what I heard, the only changes are to her fighters but that is compensated by the fact that Midway inherently has a large hangar to back it up like Enterprise. So you over exaggerated that Midway is weak and you don't even have her unlocked in the first place. When I got my Midway with her stock Corsair fighters, they were more than enough to leave a dent on the Hakuryu if played correctly.

For the sake of not making yourself look like a fool, try to understand that this is a video game and not everything you want revolves around your world.

Edited by AdmiralHattori

[DONUT]
Members
413 posts
5,121 battles
3 hours ago, C6tom said:

That's great but the changes are not actually as bad as they are being made out to be. I agree they shouldn't be made in the first place but the Midway will still be stupidly strong. Also For the DDs there is a lot more balance among the different nations so they won't change Benson Fletcher and Gearing as they aren't statistical outliers like Midway has been. I have/had all 4 ships you've mentioned and they are all still a lot of fun to play. 

My point is as you said.  The rebalancing should not be done.  Premium ships don't get rebalanced which makes them more powerful than they were when first designed.   

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
8,780 posts
14,815 battles
1 hour ago, MountainManxDan said:

isn't because of non american players

No, it's because of non-American developers; the players have absolutely no say what so ever, as everyone who has asked for anything knows.

• Cool 2

[DONUT]
Members
413 posts
5,121 battles

I have experience with USN DD and CV up to T10 from participating in Public Tests.  I really like the Fletcher and Gearing as they are now.  Gearing has 16km range on torps and with all the rebalancing I have to wonder how much longer that will last.  16km isn't practical because few ships will sail in a straight line for that long.  But when the enemy is positioned right, it can be effective to shoot 2 wide spreads and get a few hits on several ships in a tight group.   

Members
956 posts
11,153 battles
1 hour ago, Umikami said:

No, it's because of non-American developers; the players have absolutely no say what so ever, as everyone who has asked for anything knows.

I got a simple thing to prove that wrong, Montana, Iowa, Missouri citadel lowering.

Oh say that was a fluke, how bout Bama-gate.

How bout they just listen to the entire community with the fact Graf Zep was just bad and pulled it.

You are saying things that are obviously not true.  I think WG is very much behind other multiplayer games but your accusations are not supported.

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
8,780 posts
14,815 battles
2 minutes ago, MountainManxDan said:

I think WG is very much behind other multiplayer games but your accusations are not supported.

Then explain the last two years of CV (non) development to me.

• Cool 1

Members
956 posts
11,153 battles
3 minutes ago, Umikami said:

Then explain the last two years of CV (non) development to me.

Its not national and a frakkin mess, they at least got rid of the crap full fighter spec or full strike USN, they really dropped the ball with CV's but they just never had a handle on it in the first place.
They made some of the USN CV's usable and made midway a god but they are still really going in the wrong direction.

But hey don't worry its year of the CV x2 now!

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
8,780 posts
14,815 battles
3 minutes ago, MountainManxDan said:

I got a simple thing to prove that wrong, Montana, Iowa, Missouri citadel lowering.

WoW catering to BaBBies, the same way it did when it originally nerfed CV's and IJN torps; wanting to keep their cash cow happy, so the milking stays easy.

4 minutes ago, MountainManxDan said:

Oh say that was a fluke, how bout Bama-gate.

Same freakin' answer.

5 minutes ago, MountainManxDan said:

How bout they just listen to the entire community with the fact Graf Zep was just bad and pulled it.

You're actually going to quote THAT debacle to me as WoW LISTENING to players? PLEASE! They were perfectly happy to let players have that unbelievable mess of a ship until CCs got involved, and then they went so totally overboard that the public almost RIOTED behind their Gulag mentality and their treatment of the CCs in question. THAT outstanding and never to be forgotten screw up cost them one great CC and a metric ton of player goodwill.

Oh, yeah; WoW listens so very well, but only to their accounts receivable staff.

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
8,780 posts
14,815 battles
2 minutes ago, MountainManxDan said:

But hey don't worry its year of the CV x2 now!

And soon the Easter Bunny will bring all the good boys and girls a basket full of brightly colored eggs! QUACK!

Members
956 posts
11,153 battles
3 minutes ago, Umikami said:

And soon the Easter Bunny will bring all the good boys and girls a basket full of brightly colored eggs! QUACK!

The fact that you are arguing against me while I am saying the same thing is hilarious.

1,542 posts
26 battles

Hey guys, please keep away from nationalities and race debates. If the thread escalates I will be forced to close it

[DONUT]
Members
413 posts
5,121 battles

If WG did listen to the player community they would rewrite basic programming so we don't get so many drops and freezes.  They would also have "official" mod packs ready when a new update is released, not 1-2 days later. 

How did we ever get HSF which makes the game a cross between anime and cosplay. 

Members
49 posts
1,662 battles

Strange that we're not getting emergency Ranger, Lex and Essex changes to fix the massive imbalance between them and their IJN counterparts. Does Midway need some nerfs to make the game more fair and enjoyable? Obviously. But so has the entire IJN CV line for the last 2 years and the game has remained largely unchanged until the latest patch (which made most USN CVs worse because who needs to play test balance changes?). So I can certainly see the irritation that springs up when a balance issue in favor of USN is addressed instantly while balance issues that disadvantage USN are put off until the sun burns out.

Members
1,604 posts
3,573 battles
18 hours ago, Caffynated said:

Strange that we're not getting emergency Ranger, Lex and Essex changes to fix the massive imbalance between them and their IJN counterparts. Does Midway need some nerfs to make the game more fair and enjoyable? Obviously. But so has the entire IJN CV line for the last 2 years and the game has remained largely unchanged until the latest patch (which made most USN CVs worse because who needs to play test balance changes?). So I can certainly see the irritation that springs up when a balance issue in favor of USN is addressed instantly while balance issues that disadvantage USN are put off until the sun burns out.

And THIS is what bugs me.  Dear lord the Midway needed the nerf,  20k damage and 10% win ration ahead of the Hak was not okay but just below that you have the Essex getting mauled by the Taiho and NOTHING is being done.  

Tier 7 and 8 are trickier.  IJN have the higher win rate but surprisingly USN is outdamaging them at those tiers.  The problem is that those tiers feature premium CV's and thats throwing off tech tree values.  But considering that USN tech tree are the only CV's at those tiers with only one fighter that probably has a lot to do with it.

...but T9 confuses me.  Greatly.  USN finally get two fighters but IJN get a third torpedo bomber and yet the Taiho is wrecking the Essex.  One tier up and USN have ONE more torpedo squadron and the situation is turned violently on its head.

If I had to offer a suggestion it would be to remove the Hak's AS module and give the strike module 3 T9 fighter groups.  Or better,  forgo the whole T9 shenangans and just give both Midway and Hak T10 fighters.  That would put it at 14 to 15 fighters with IJN having the advantage in group numbers.  Its not perfect but I think it'd be better then this shuffle they are doing now.

T9 though...I really have no idea.  Aside from maybe giving them 3 T8 squadrons of 5,  ala the Enterprise.  But for some reason they are completely unwilling to adjust tech tree CV's squadron sizes.