Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
mr_flappypants

Gallant surprisingly surprising

8 comments in this topic

Beta Testers
33 posts
4,205 battles

I got this ship in a crate.  Took it out for a spin a couple of times just to try it out.  It went surprisingly well.

153k dmg
2.6k base XP
15 torp hits (139k and only 2k to flooding)

The detection range is nice but the single firing torpedoes is where its at when you can get those lucky strikes.  For anyone who has the Gallant but doesn't really fancy the Tier 6 play, give it a spin.  It might surprise you.

2018-02-05 18_58_52-World of Warships-gallant.png

2018-02-05 18_59_34-World of Warships-gallant-2.png

2018-02-05 18_59_50-World of Warships-gallant-3.png

2018-02-05 19_00_08-World of Warships-gallant-4.png

• Cool 1

Members
4,438 posts
6,130 battles

I got it in a Xmas box.  Lotta torps.  But no good gun and and made of tissue. Not played it much so maybe it's better than I think thus far.  Maybe. It is pretty fast. Dunno.....I am not a DD player.

[FOXEH]
Members
3,320 posts
11,834 battles

She is a surprisingly solid boat. She has best rudder/turning at her tier and you can make red miss a lot with kiting. You have to be patient and avoid true knife fights because, even though she turns on a dime, her guns are slow to traverse.

Great game, op!

Members
4,438 posts
6,130 battles
7 minutes ago, Khafni said:

She is a surprisingly solid boat. She has best rudder/turning at her tier and you can make red miss a lot with kiting. You have to be patient and avoid true knife fights because, even though she turns on a dime, her guns are slow to traverse.

Great game, op!

Her guns at her tier are not the deal.....it's her torps....fast and lots....IMO. Guns?  Blah.

• Cool 1

[AAA]
Members
388 posts
5,110 battles

I love the Gallant. Guns are ok but as the op said I avoid knife fights. It’s the low detection I love. I only use the guns when tag teaming a red ship or as a last resort. I cap and stay undetedected tiring torps from stealth. Last game I went to cap b. Lot of confusion on my team. We agreed on b/c but then proceed to mostly go c and several to a but I was at b so I’ll cap. Turned out red mostly went a and a few to c with a bb hanging out behind b playing guard for the cvs. I ran right through b, around the bb and got detected by both cvs at 5 km. I was right between the cvs and both were stopped. 4 torps went port. 4 went starboard. 5 min into the game both red cvs were gone. I routinely get behind the reds and hit the bbs with torps. It’s a great ship if you like to stay invisible and launch torps

Sign in to follow this