You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
_Dracarys

Z39...1 turret 2 guns?

15 comments in this topic

[TNG]
Members
811 posts
6,172 battles

https://thedailybounce.net/2018/02/05/world-of-warships-supertest-z-39-tier-viii-german-destroyer/

unless I am reading it wrong here, it says the Z39 will have one turret and 2 guns. Unless they give this ship shima torpedos or give it 1 second reload, there's no way this shpi will be any good!

Members
3,360 posts
3,915 battles

It had stern turrets, too. They're just bad at relaying information.

*Edit* Actually, the stern turrets were smaller, so I guess they don't count as main armament? Trolololo.

Edited by Cruiser_Fiume

[ARRGG]
[ARRGG]
Members
5,770 posts

Look Normal to me as any DD does. 1 turret  main 2 turret smaller cal, 2 quad torpedo mounts.

[HINON]
Supertester
3,924 posts
5,163 battles

Main battery - 1x2 150 mm, 2х1 150 mm

[SF-3]
Members
3,177 posts
8,169 battles
1 hour ago, Nuk_ said:

Main battery - 1x2 150 mm, 2х1 150 mm

Wow, I missed that when I first read the announcement. I just assumed the same layout as Z-23 which has 5 guns. Damn, I would really love a high tier German premium DD, but with 4 guns and a slower reload (7.5s vs 6.7s), I don't know how it will be able to compensate...

[SYN]
Members
14,366 posts
10,224 battles

On first look, I thought it was a pass, but this Z-39 could go down to 5.9km concealment, which is totally useless.

Now, the 3.3km while firing out of smoke might make it pretty bad, just like the Z-23.

[SF-3]
Members
3,177 posts
8,169 battles
4 minutes ago, MrDeaf said:

On first look, I thought it was a pass, but this Z-39 could go down to 5.9km concealment, which is totally useless.

Now, the 3.3km while firing out of smoke might make it pretty bad, just like the Z-23.

Yeah, in its current form it is a complete pass from me.

Pros:

• 5.9km max conceal versus 6.2km
  • 3.3km conceal in smoke versus 3.4km
  • 11.8km gun range versus 10.8km

Cons:

• 1 less gun
  • 7.5 second reload versus 6.7 seconds
  • 36 knot ship speed versus  37
  • 8.5 km torpedoes versus 9.5 km (damage and reload are the same and speed is slower by 1 knot)

The cons just simply seem to outweigh the pros. We don't know what Z-39's AA is, but I'd be surprised if it's as good as Kidd's. Nor do I really want to give up gun DPM for Kidd level AA. We also don't know if Z-39 will get German hydro, but I'm not sure if German hydro alone will balance out the cons.

Alpha Tester
3,327 posts
3,765 battles

Is there something I'm missing about a 5th gun on Z-23? She pretty clearly has 4 guns in port....

[SF-3]
Members
3,177 posts
8,169 battles
3 minutes ago, Aetreus said:

Is there something I'm missing about a 5th gun on Z-23? She pretty clearly has 4 guns in port....

Getting the 150mm gun upgrade and the hull upgrade upgrades the bow turret to a double gun turret (sorry, forgot about the hull upgrade as well initially)

Screenshot:

Spoiler

jxjIzbp.jpg

Edited by Peregrinas

[CRMSN]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,344 posts
3,558 battles
1 hour ago, Peregrinas said:

Yeah, in its current form it is a complete pass from me.

Pros:

• 5.9km max conceal versus 6.2km
  • 3.3km conceal in smoke versus 3.4km
  • 11.8km gun range versus 10.8km

Cons:

• 1 less gun
  • 7.5 second reload versus 6.7 seconds
  • '36 knot ship speed versus  37
  • 8.5 km torpedoes versus 9.5 km (damage and reload are the same and speed is slower by 1 knot)

The cons just simply seem to outweigh the pros. We don't know what Z-39's AA is, but I'd be surprised if it's as good as Kidd's. Nor do I really want to give up gun DPM for Kidd level AA. We also don't know if Z-39 will get German hydro, but I'm not sure if German hydro alone will balance out the cons.

I really wish they chose Z-32 as the Prem.. She has the 5 guns and was the first 1936A (MOB)  fitted with the 5.9 inch MB.

Z32's main armaments were five 15 cm (5.9in) TbtsK C/36 naval guns, with one twin turret forward and three single mounts aft. Z32 was the first ship of her class to be completely fitted with the armament, as development of the twin turret had been slow

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/German_destroyer_Z32

And also for this reason...:Smile_hiding:

"Damaged in battle with Canadian destroyers Haida and Huron on 9 June 1944 during the Battle of Ushant and beached. Later destroyed by air attacks."

[SF-A]
Beta Testers
296 posts
9,690 battles

On the Na*y Fi**d game, the Z39 was a tier 8 & the most overpowered DD in the game. I don't remember how many guns, but it was OP with both guns & torps.

[NEUTR]
Members
2,207 posts
6,031 battles

"special" ship for "special" people.

with 5.9 ish camo and a min 60ish sec torp reload. It's alright as a torp boat.

[ARGSY]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,106 posts
18,622 battles

The Narviks got rebuild to have 2 150mm rifles in a dual turret in the front and 3 turrets in the back with only 1 rifle per turret. Unfortunally they went a bid top heavy by this process.

So I asked myself: why should I buy a neuthered Z-23 if there isn't any real special.

Bringt das Flottentorpedoboot zurück!