You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
_Dracarys

Free T6 french DD thru missions

31 comments in this topic

[TNG]
Members
813 posts
6,173 battles

What is your thoughts on T6 French DD Aigle given out for free via missions? 

personally i never say no to free stuff, but given how bad the ship really is, it feels like the DoY where you get a few million credits for free. it's nice to have but really gets no one excited...

My reaction can be summarized:

"I'll take it cuz it's free, Thanks...I guess?"

• Bad 1

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
2,223 posts
8,400 battles

I hope it's a little less grindy than DoY. But yeah, can't say no to free stuff.

[RKLES]
Members
7,101 posts
8,757 battles
17 minutes ago, _Dracarys said:

What is your thoughts on T6 French DD Aigle given out for free via missions? 

personally i never say no to free stuff, but given how bad the ship really is, it feels like the DoY where you get a few million credits for free. it's nice to have but really gets no one excited...

My reaction can be summarized:

"I'll take it cuz it's free, Thanks...I guess?"

Read Littlewhitemouse Review, lol that covers the French DD pretty well I think. :fish_book:

[P2W]
[P2W]
Members
1,239 posts
5 minutes ago, pikohan said:

I hope it's a little less grindy than DoY. But yeah, can't say no to free stuff.

I hope it's a LOT less grindy. DoY was [edited]painful and not fun at all to get.

• Cool 2

Members
1,201 posts
8,185 battles
19 minutes ago, _Dracarys said:

...but given how bad the ship really is...

What do you mean by this?  It's a tier 6 DD.  Its competition is ships like Gaede, Hatsuharu and Gnevny.  What were you expecting?

It's got very good speed, gun DPM and hitpoints for a tier 6 DD and is balanced out with poor maneuverability, concealment and traverse speeds.  It's basically a tier 6 Kiev and that probably means it's fine.

[APOC]
Members
637 posts
11,430 battles
1 minute ago, Vaidency said:

It's basically a tier 6 Kiev and that probably means it's fine.

It's far from a tier 6 Kiev, base speed is only ~36 and only reaches 43 knots with speed boost, and it's gun arcs are like USN floaty gun arcs making long range shooting completely pointless.

[TNG]
Members
813 posts
6,173 battles
2 minutes ago, Vaidency said:

What do you mean by this?  It's a tier 6 DD.  Its competition is ships like Gaede, Hatsuharu and Gnevny.  What were you expecting?

It's got very good speed, gun DPM and hitpoints for a tier 6 DD and is balanced out with poor maneuverability, concealment and traverse speeds.  It's basically a tier 6 Kiev and that probably means it's fine.

LWM calls it a mehbote, flamu says its garbage. what other recommendations do you need?

[TORP]
[TORP]
Members
235 posts
19,734 battles

Let me get this straight World of Warships is giving me a free ship if I choose to grind the mission, good news!!! I am afraid the ship will suck and not worth the grind.  MMMM sounds like two choices grind for the ship just to have it in port even if it sucks or don't bother grinding it...

What is the old saying about gift horses

[PYRO]
Beta Testers
1,140 posts
10,013 battles
Just now, _Dracarys said:

LWM calls it a mehbote, flamu says its garbage. what other recommendations do you need?

Just because two CCs say its bad, doesn't mean it's bad. It depends on how the player sailing it uses it. Like LWM said Kransy was trash, but it really isn't. Numbers mean nothing really when it comes to these meh ships.

Members
1,201 posts
8,185 battles
Just now, _Dracarys said:

LWM's "mehbote" designation is, in her own words: "An average ship.  Has strengths and weaknesses.  Doesn't need buffs to be viable however she's not going to be considered optimal."  To me, the phrase "doesn't need buffs to be viable" generally doesn't gel with your statement "given how bad the ship really is."

Also, didn't Flamu say the Musashi sucked too before releasing another video a week later where he said it was overpowered?  I'm not sure I give a whole lot of weight to his ratings.

Members
2,397 posts
2,193 battles
33 minutes ago, pikohan said:

27 minutes ago, w4spl3g said:

I hope it's a LOT less grindy. DoY was [edited]painful and not fun at all to get.

I third this notion. 

[OPG]
Members
3,888 posts
5,476 battles

I'm pretty hyped actually.  The Aigle is the kind of ship I really want to have, but not the kind I want to pay for.  So it's a win win for me.

Edited by yashma

[INTEL]
Beta Testers
1,576 posts
3,901 battles

What are the requirements?  I'm a casual player, and the last few "free" premiums have been specced far out of reach for an average player who can't log in and play ten games a day.

Members
50 posts
4,161 battles
17 minutes ago, yashma said:

I'm pretty hyped actually.  The Aigle is the kind of ship I really want to have, but not the kind I want to pay for.  So it's a win win for me.

Yeah same here.

52 minutes ago, Adm_Nate_Ellis937 said:

Just because two CCs say its bad, doesn't mean it's bad. It depends on how the player sailing it uses it. Like LWM said Kransy was trash, but it really isn't. Numbers mean nothing really when it comes to these meh ships.

and I watched a Flambass game play..(I think it was the final version not a WiP) and she looks fine. So I think I need to give her a try and let's see how she works for me :Smile_teethhappy:

Edited by AceM193

Members
50 posts
4,161 battles
6 minutes ago, Fishrokk said:

What are the requirements?  I'm a casual player, and the last few "free" premiums have been specced far out of reach for an average player who can't log in and play ten games a day.

Don't know so far I think this is a kind of speculation based on the 0.7.1 Video, + there is a mission called "Eagle has landed" in the February Briefing...

Members
1,125 posts
6,703 battles
4 hours ago, Vaidency said:

LWM's "mehbote" designation is, in her own words: "An average ship.  Has strengths and weaknesses.  Doesn't need buffs to be viable however she's not going to be considered optimal."  To me, the phrase "doesn't need buffs to be viable" generally doesn't gel with your statement "given how bad the ship really is."

Also, didn't Flamu say the Musashi sucked too before releasing another video a week later where he said it was overpowered?  I'm not sure I give a whole lot of weight to his ratings.

Nope.  He said it wasn't as good as the Mo.  The Mo made more money, was a better all around ship, and had radar.  + while it is a sister ship of the Iowa, it does play differently.    The only thing going for the Mu is it's a tier 10 ship at tier 9.   You play the same way you would a yammy. 

+ they buffed the reload at one point for the Mu, making it even stronger than it was before.  

I would say the argument most people made was is it worth getting?   The argument was never was the Mu good, but is it worth getting over a yammy or the Mo. 

as for this ship in question.  I feel meh about it.  It could be fun to use.  worse case, i can use it as a trainer for my future Fr DDs. 

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
2,867 posts
13,368 battles

Mate, it's free and if you don't like it sell it and keep the port slot!

UC27LX8.jpg

[WOLFB]
Members
1,655 posts
8,037 battles

Aigle is probably meh, but i'm sure i'll enjoy her more than Shinonome.

It's a French DD and it's free. What other reason do I need? 

[WPP]
Members
455 posts
5,097 battles
42 minutes ago, Camo68 said:

Mate, it's free and if you don't like it sell it and keep the port slot!

UC27LX8.jpg

If it was a gift - free and without strings attached, sure.

But WG is notorious for offering free things that require hours and hours to get.  Now, if the hours and hours are fun then it's a bonus added onto to a good time.  When the bonus is meh and the grind makes you not want to play the game, then it's work.... and not free.

[PVE]
Members
5,311 posts
17,764 battles
3 minutes ago, galspanic said:

If it was a gift - free and without strings attached, sure.

But WG is notorious for offering free things that require hours and hours to get.  Now, if the hours and hours are fun then it's a bonus added onto to a good time.  When the bonus is meh and the grind makes you not want to play the game, then it's work.... and not free.

This exactly. If you get a "free" ship for just playing the game, in other words based on damage or xp, then fine. My problem is with the missions to get the "free" ship. Shoot down 30 planes, get 25 torp hits with ship torps, get 10 citadels, etc just get annoying. I want to play what ships I want and when I want, just let me alone to play the game. Then you get the really annoying missions like "be the first to spot a British ship with a German ship" or "Spot 10 torpedoes fired by German ships with a British cruiser"...  They get pretty bothersome, just make the requirements based on xp, damage, sinking ships, etc and let us play what we want to play.

• Cool 1

[WPP]
Members
455 posts
5,097 battles
2 minutes ago, Taylor3006 said:

This exactly. If you get a "free" ship for just playing the game, in other words based on damage or xp, then fine. My problem is with the missions to get the "free" ship. Shoot down 30 planes, get 25 torp hits with ship torps, get 10 citadels, etc just get annoying. I want to play what ships I want and when I want, just let me alone to play the game. Then you get the really annoying missions like "be the first to spot a British ship with a German ship" or "Spot 10 torpedoes fired by German ships with a British cruiser"...  They get pretty bothersome, just make the requirements based on xp, damage, sinking ships, etc and let us play what we want to play.

Right?  Not many people complained about the Albany despite it being a total turd.  Why?  It was a gift.  People complained about the Duke here A LOT.  Why?  ^^^^

[NMKJT]
Members
2,677 posts
12 minutes ago, Taylor3006 said:

Remember the ARP ships? Grind out X-amount base XP. And people complained about those free ships too. It can't get easier than that