Jump to content
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
_Dracarys

French collection missions: WG Is officially pay to win

63 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

Members
822 posts
6,193 battles

so there is a post on Reddit stating the math that the chance to complete the collection and getting the French captain is about 25%If you do not pay for premium containers and only gain collection items through regular mission containers. (there are 25 possible containers to earn, and you have 18 collection items).

I think this is WG's way of forcing you to pay for containers if you want the special captain of added bonus. this is a slippery slope towards pay to win. I am fine with paying for faster mission completion or cosmetic camo, but making it nearly improbable to acquire a special skilled captain for free, it is just wrong!

 

i was going to buy some premium containers because I will be on vacation and wont play the game for a while. But knowing this game is now pay to win, screw you WG, i will not buy the containers at all!

Edited by _Dracarys
  • Cool 4
  • Bad 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
822 posts
6,193 battles
Just now, NeutralState said:

WG's always, arguably, pay to win.

up and until now, it's mostly pay to look like a flaming troll (beer can roma) or pay for faster grind (camos with more exp bonus). However, now it is clear without paying, you are unlikely going to get a special skilled captain which puts you at a disadvantage in actual battle.

  • Bad 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
974 posts
1,871 battles
6 minutes ago, _Dracarys said:

so there is a post on Reddit stating the math that the chance to complete the collection and getting the French captain is about 25%If you do not pay for premium containers and only gain collection items through regular mission containers. (there are 25 possible containers to earn, and you have 18 collection items).

I think this is WG's way of forcing you to pay for containers if you want the special captain of added bonus. this is a slippery slope towards pay to win. I am fine with paying for faster mission completion or cosmetic camo, but making it nearly improbable to acquire a special skilled captain for free, it is just wrong!

 

i was going to buy some premium containers because I will be on vacation and wont play the game for a while. But knowing this game is now pay to win, screw you WG, i will not buy the containers at all!

and if you get duplicates you can turn them in for stuff you don't have so what is the problem again

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
571
[KP]
Members
2,066 posts
19,183 battles
5 minutes ago, _Dracarys said:

so there is a post on Reddit stating the math that the chance to complete the collection and getting the French captain is about 25%If you do not pay for premium containers and only gain collection items through regular mission containers. (there are 25 possible containers to earn, and you have 18 collection items).

I think this is WG's way of forcing you to pay for containers if you want the special captain of added bonus. this is a slippery slope towards pay to win. I am fine with paying for faster mission completion or cosmetic camo, but making it nearly improbable to acquire a special skilled captain for free, it is just wrong!

 

i was going to buy some premium containers because I will be on vacation and wont play the game for a while. But knowing this game is now pay to win, screw you WG, i will not buy the containers at all!

Dude if you didn't know this is a pay to win game then you have been living under a rock. Pay to win is how they make money to ya know keep the game going/ keep developing new content. F2P's are actually games people spend the most money on. If you don't like it go back to console games cause this money making model of WGing isn't going anywhere.

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
328 posts
4,707 battles
Just now, skull_122_steel said:

and if you get duplicates you can turn them in for stuff you don't have so what is the problem again

You will need to get 15 unique items in the 25 containers to be able to exchange duplicates and complete the collection.  Any fewer than 15/25 will mean you fall short.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
974 posts
1,871 battles
Just now, Mono_De_Mantequilla said:

You will need to get 15 unique items in the 25 containers to be able to exchange duplicates and complete the collection.  Any fewer than 15/25 will mean you fall short.

and how is this different from other collections they had about the same odds

  • Bad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
822 posts
6,193 battles
3 minutes ago, skull_122_steel said:

and if you get duplicates you can turn them in for stuff you don't have so what is the problem again

read the redditt post in detail. i am not going to explain something that's simple to you

  • Cool 1
  • Bad 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23,640
[HINON]
Supertester
19,657 posts
13,211 battles

Please explain to me how buying those containers is going to make me win more. I was promised pay to win by the OP.

  • Cool 9
  • Bad 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
865
[FOXEH]
Members
3,425 posts
12,837 battles

Has the collection launched? No.

Could WG add to it in some way so that the most active players can win the captain for free? Yes.

Will they? We will know soon...

Edited by Khafni
  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
554
[R-F]
Members
838 posts
6,703 battles
Just now, skull_122_steel said:

and how is this different from other collections they had about the same odds

All previous collections, at least in the year that I've been playing, have awarded enough containers so that an active player could easily complete the collection even if you had bad luck regarding duplicates.

That is apparently not the case this time.  The maximum amount of containers that can be claimed without spending real money is 25, which is statistically unlikely to be enough.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,789
[PVE]
Members
6,454 posts
11,467 battles

I am ok with this actually. They need to make money to keep the game going. If everyone played for free and no one ever spent money on anything there would be no more WOWS. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,259
[ARGSY]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,392 posts
19,453 battles

You need 10 from the boxes. Since the exchange rate is 3:1 you get 5 out of the 15 duplicates. The chances are okish.

  • Cool 1
  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
328 posts
4,707 battles
Just now, Lert said:

Please explain to me how buying those containers is going to make me win more. I was promised pay to win by the OP.

You will get Jean-Jacques Honore, who gives your Expert Marksman an extra 0.3 deg/sec turret traverse, and your Adrenaline Rush an extra 0.05% reload buff per health percent lost.  If you can't win with that advantage...    ;-)

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
974 posts
1,871 battles
Just now, Brhinosaurus said:

All previous collections, at least in the year that I've been playing, have awarded enough containers so that an active player could easily complete the collection even if you had bad luck regarding duplicates.

That is apparently not the case this time.  The maximum amount of containers that can be claimed without spending real money is 25, which is statistically unlikely to be enough.

still I don't see how this is P2W it just gets you a captain that does the same stuff as all the other special captains and its not that much of a buff 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
328 posts
4,707 battles
Just now, Erebthoron said:

You need 10 from the boxes. Since the exchange rate is 3:1 you get 5 out of the 15 duplicates. The chances are okish.

No.  There are 18 items in the collection, you just got fifteen, so now you need to buy at least 3 premium containers, perhaps as many as nine.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
554
[R-F]
Members
838 posts
6,703 battles
Just now, skull_122_steel said:

still I don't see how this is P2W it just gets you a captain that does the same stuff as all the other special captains and its not that much of a buff 

True, it's not much of a buff.  A few percentage points in a few captain skills.  It's certainly not going to turn a potato into a unicum.  But I think for most people, the magnitude of the advantage is not part of the definition.  If it helps you at ALL, it's a component of Pay to Win.  A special flag that you could only buy in the premium store, that gave your ship 1% more hit points, would be a pay to win mechanic. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23,640
[HINON]
Supertester
19,657 posts
13,211 battles
2 minutes ago, Mono_De_Mantequilla said:

You will get Jean-Jacques Honore, who gives your Expert Marksman an extra 0.3 deg/sec turret traverse, and your Adrenaline Rush an extra 0.05% reload buff per health percent lost.  If you can't win with that advantage...    ;-)

If that's what we consider P2W then I - ... I've got nothing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
250
[CMFRT]
Modder, In AlfaTesters
736 posts
1,895 battles

I was unaware that some insignificant buffs to skills was going to make me win more... Oh wait... it wont because they are insignificant buffs to skills.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,442
[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
16,329 posts
9,621 battles

I am more interested in how other active collections will impact collecting these.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
756
[UDEAD]
[UDEAD]
Beta Testers
1,080 posts
11,055 battles

If I buy 100 French Collection Boxes, theoretically, I should get a 100% win rate in all French BB's!

Thanks for P2W Wargaming - you guys ROCK!

The rest of you filthy peasants can go eat cake.....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Alpha Tester
3,666 posts
7,258 battles
1 minute ago, Vader_Sama said:

The term "pay to win" has really gotten watered down over the years.

I think it is more along the lines of, this guy hasn't realized that this is not Pay to Win This is just a case of "Everyone follow the clear troll". Like this;

giphy.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×