You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Madwolf05

Midway Nerfed: 5 Last Place USN CVs Unbuffed

51 comments in this topic

[OO7]
Alpha Tester
6,753 posts
3,490 battles

So can someone tell me what is so important about nerfing the Midway against the STRIKE Hak?

Why are the remaining Tech Tree USN CVs left unaddressed?

Only the Bogue has a positive record verse it's competition and the Lexington remains the worst CV in the game, and worst ship in the game.

Even in competitive play the Hak and IJN ships beat the USN CVs.

If the CV rework is so important to balance, then why bother nerfing the Midway? Why nerf it against a loadout on Hak that is supposed to be weak to fighters? Why let the Tier 10 IJN CV be better at AS than the USN one, be more flexible, and have more strike power on planes with better HP and defensive DPS? What is the Midway's strength now? Not being as bad as it's lower tiered counter-parts?

And why is the Lexington not deserving of a buff? Can we be shown the Top Sekrit data that counters the data and first hand experience we have?

• Cool 6
  • Bad 3

[STP]
[STP]
Beta Testers
2,041 posts
11,246 battles

Cause all (not premiuns) usn cvs need be a s..t on this game.

• Cool 1
  • Bad 2

[LEGIT]
Beta Testers
297 posts
16,082 battles

Midway is no longer a T10 CV if most of her planes are T8 and T9.

• Cool 3
  • Bad 2

[BROOK]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
2,031 posts

The Midway is basically a joke now. God forbid the USN CVs actually be good at their jobs and faithful to their performance in real life.

• Cool 4
  • Bad 3

[-Y-]
Alpha Tester
4,862 posts
7,177 battles
10 minutes ago, Madwolf05 said:

And why is the Lexington not deserving of a buff? Can we be shown the Top Sekrit data that counters the data and first hand experience we have?

Lexington is played by a lot of tier 8 cv 1st timers, that does not help its stats. Check mine out, Lex was my 1st t8 cv, I had a 30% WR with it. While the stats also include examples in play that are not fully researched, obviously.

Although I agree, any CV with only one fighter squadron is at a disadvantage vs cvs with 2 or more.

Members
2,992 posts
5,204 battles
7 minutes ago, TornadoADV said:

The Midway is basically a joke now. God forbid the USN CVs actually be good at their jobs and faithful to their performance in real life.

People said the exact same thing about the Midway before the load out change. As for why the others aren't receiving attention, I don't know. Essex has a good load out, but is under performing. Lex and Ranger need to have multiple fighter squadrons due to the map sizes they see, Indy, Bogue, and Langley are fine.

Members
1,612 posts
3,573 battles
Just now, nuttybiscuit said:

Lexington is played by a lot of tier 8 cv 1st timers, that does not help its stats. Check mine out, Lex was my 1st t8 cv, I had a 30% WR with it. While the stats also include examples in play that are not fully researched, obviously.

Although I agree, any CV with only one fighter squadron is at a disadvantage vs cvs with 2 or more.

We're talking stats in the last two weeks.  The Lex and Ranger both are outdamaging their IJN counterparts but since they are losing the sky war,  its effecting their win rate.  Which is more or less what you said.

[NMKJT]
Beta Testers
21,462 posts
3,875 battles
21 hours ago, nuttybiscuit said:

So what's Shoukaku's excuse?

She sees the exact same MM as Lexington.

The difference is Shoukaku doesn't suck at its job.

The USN carrier "rework" intended to fix them only made things worse and WG is 100% blind to this. They clearly have no idea what they're doing, while expecting the players to put implicit trust that the devs know what they're doing. At least in regards to carriers, the incompetence displayed in handling them since CBT is staggering.

EDIT: A day later and someone "Bad" votes this. I'm curious. What makes you disagree with anything said here?

Edited by KiyoSenkan
  • Cool 1
  • Bad 1

[-Y-]
Alpha Tester
4,862 posts
7,177 battles
1 minute ago, KiyoSenkan said:

So what's Shoukaku's excuse?

Shokaku players have learnt how to properly handle fighter squadrons with Hiryu, while they already understand the pain of defenceless strike heavy loadouts from the nasty IJN grind of tiers 5&6/ (pure speculation about others /personal experience )

[NMKJT]
Beta Testers
21,462 posts
3,875 battles
Just now, nuttybiscuit said:

Shokaku players have learnt how to properly handle fighter squadrons with Hiryu, while they already understand the pain of defenceless strike heavy loadouts from the nasty IJN grind of tiers 5&6/ (pure speculation about others /personal experience )

No, there really is no excuse, because Lexington players got to Lexington through Independence and Ranger and should have roughly the same experiences in the MM. People do not sign in and just have a Lexington in port, skipping all that teaching from earlier tiers.

[-Y-]
Alpha Tester
4,862 posts
7,177 battles
1 minute ago, KiyoSenkan said:

No, there really is no excuse, because Lexington players got to Lexington through Independence and Ranger and should have roughly the same experiences in the MM. People do not sign in and just have a Lexington in port, skipping all that teaching from earlier tiers.

Lexington is often the 1st tier 8 players ever unlocked, and a too large proportion free xp their way there (I did). And it shows in the results, double whammy of inexperience and free xp'd unlocks.

• Cool 1

[MCGA]
Beta Testers
149 posts
8,969 battles

Based on my CV main comrade, Hakuryu's FT had quite disadvantages against equally skilled Midway's FT, and now Midway's strike capability is equal, if not more than, of Hakuryu (I believe everyone can agree here), so some kind of adjustment may be required.
No, he didn't agree with down-tiering FT is a good way to address the issue.
No, he didn't mention about Ranger, Lex and Essex, as he believes Saipan is dominating force in T7 CV anyway and the reform made the latter two rather weaker.
No, I don't think removing the famous Bearcat from game is a good thing.
Forget about the long-forgotten Banshee.

Actually...hey WG, you could tweak F8F's stats instead of removing it if you really, really wanted to do something with Midway's FT.
Stop being lazy. 
Seriously.
I liked watching F8F flying around.

[STP]
[STP]
Beta Testers
2,041 posts
11,246 battles

I have a teory someone in WG really hate USN cvs.

Why not just buff hak fighters?... they remove the jets, the nerf the fighters, next they gonna give ww1 planes to midway.

Alpha Tester
3,470 posts
3,871 battles
Just now, HyenaHiena said:

I have a teory someone in WG really hate USN cvs.

Why not just buff hak fighters?... they remove the jets, the nerf the fighters, next they gonna give ww1 planes to midway.

AS Haku exists and buffing fighters would make it possibly overly dominant in the air game(including against strike Haku).

F8F is not a famous airplane, except among aircraft enthusiasts. Corsair and Hellcat are much more prominent in WWII journalism. F8F barely saw any service during the war.

[DAY]
Members
1,186 posts
11,774 battles

i just love how WG nerfs midway right after KOTS proved midway < hakuryu

• Bad 1

[STP]
[STP]
Beta Testers
2,041 posts
11,246 battles
Just now, Aetreus said:

AS Haku exists and buffing fighters would make it possibly overly dominant in the air game(including against strike Haku).

F8F is not a famous airplane, except among aircraft enthusiasts. Corsair and Hellcat are much more prominent in WWII journalism. F8F barely saw any service during the war.

An AS haku alread is a dominant in competitive games...

I agreed about the F8F, the F2H was much more fun (even if was worse status then the today F8F)

• Bad 1

[NMKJT]
Beta Testers
21,462 posts
3,875 battles
58 minutes ago, nuttybiscuit said:

Lexington is often the 1st tier 8 players ever unlocked, and a too large proportion free xp their way there (I did). And it shows in the results, double whammy of inexperience and free xp'd unlocks.

And where's your proof this doesn't happen with Shoukaku? How do you know that a carrier which has reduced credit and experience earnings is going to be anyone's first tier 8, and how do you know it is always Lexington?

My first tier 8 was Amagi, second was Fubuki. That already disproves your statement.

[-Y-]
Alpha Tester
4,862 posts
7,177 battles
Just now, KiyoSenkan said:

and how do you know it is always Lexington?

I don't, I am speculating.

Just now, KiyoSenkan said:

And where's your proof this doesn't happen with Shoukaku?

I have none, just first hand subjective experience as a tier7/8 cv junkie.

Alpha Tester
3,470 posts
3,871 battles
1 minute ago, HyenaHiena said:

An AS haku alread is a dominant in competitive games...

I agreed about the F8F, the F2H was much more fun (even if was worse status then the today F8F)

Ultimately the aircraft used come down to a matter of taste and style on WG's part. They decided that biplanes going so high in tiers was strange, and so took them out, and that jets caused similar problems with not fitting into the game's overall style. I'd bet there were also concerns about finding appropriate aircraft for high-tier CV's of other nations(the IJN jet and accompanying aircraft were a strange mix).

[STP]
[STP]
Beta Testers
2,041 posts
11,246 battles
Just now, Aetreus said:

Ultimately the aircraft used come down to a matter of taste and style on WG's part. They decided that biplanes going so high in tiers was strange, and so took them out, and that jets caused similar problems with not fitting into the game's overall style. I'd bet there were also concerns about finding appropriate aircraft for high-tier CV's of other nations(the IJN jet and accompanying aircraft were a strange mix).

Thats not make any sense sinse we have cold war ships...

The ijn jets was cool too...

[BROOK]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
2,031 posts

I miss my Banshees from Closed Beta, at least I can still fly them in WoWP and WT. :Smile_sad:

Members
5,098 posts
3,075 battles
6 hours ago, TornadoADV said:

She was not good, she was blatantly overpowered. And faithful o their performance in real life? What does real life have to with this game and balancing? Ships are supposed to balanced in this, not overpowered because they were good in real life, and Midway didn't even perform in the Pacific War int he first place. If this game was "faith to their performance in real life" CVs would rule the game unopposed, everything else would be obsolete.

• Cool 1
  • Bad 1

Members
343 posts
6,782 battles

I don't play CVs, but I'm going to go out on a limb and guess....

The US CVs are doing better on the Russian server. That's the only server WG seems to care about, so it's the source for all balancing.

• Cool 1

[R-F1]
Beta Testers
1,874 posts
6,902 battles

it'll be fun seeing a hak's bombers being able to outrun midway's fighters... much balance!

but honestly... after the GZ debacle, was there any doubt left in anybody's minds as to how utterly clueless the dev's are when it comes to balancing cv's?  after seeing that im surprised they are limiting themselves to just nerfing the midway and not the midway, essex, and ranger as well.

Edited by Shadeylark

[SF-3]
Beta Testers
1,629 posts
5,565 battles

IJN CVs are flat out better for 2 years.

"This is fine" -WG

The only USN CV to be clearly better for a month or so.

"THIS IS NOT FINE IMMEDIATE NERF" - WG

Midway does not work against good players. The AP bombers are too specialized for randoms and are unreliable against one of the strongest cruisers, the Hindenburg. HE bombers are still able to completely miss stationary BBs on perfect drops and the TBs WILL go down to 1 ship on its own, let alone 2. An AA spec Montana will bleed a Midway of planes extremely easily to the point of absurdity.

Everything has high AA. Midway is only strong right now because people don't know how to play against her and the fact that with HE bombs and TBs both her weapon systems are a threat.

Insult to injury is that she uses t8/t9 planes despite being a t10 because WG is too stubborn to listen to basic balancing from people who actually play CVs.

• Cool 3