Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Admiral_Reeves

New Tier 9 Russain "Cruiser". and where is Alaska?

30 comments in this topic

[KSC]
Members
201 posts
7,783 battles

Okay so as many of you know at this point the Stalingrad will be a tier 10 Clan reward ship.

But it turns out there will be another 305MM Gun Russian Battleship (cruiser) coming out at tier 9!

And this Tier 9 "Cruiser"82,300HP At will have More HP then All the tier 9 Battleships in the game...  Edit: aside from Musashi and FDG

9 - 305MM Main guns with a 20 second reload and a 35.3 second 180 turn time with a Max AP shell DMG of 9,000 and HE DMG of 4,200.

33.5 Knots with a 840MM Turn circle along with a 14.9 second rudder shift.

that being said it will still have Crusier armor...

230MM belt 25MM, on the ends,  with a Unknown amount of Deck armor.

Source: https://thedailybounce.net/2018/02/05/world-of-warships-supertest-kronshtadt-tier-ix-soviet-cruiser/

So while it Shouldint be TO Hard for BBs to fight this if they angle at this tier Cruisers are Screwed when fighting this...

All I will end with here is a Question : When will we get a tier 8 Cruiser Alaska? There are now 2 fully modeled Paper ships like it under the Russian flag so it would only be fair...

Speaking of Alaska it would be tier 8, Maybe 9 at most. because this ship and Stalingrad where Designed to be Better then Alaska so it wouldn't be fair to have it int the same tier.

though this is the game where the Germans and British get 1940's ships at tier 7 while the US and Japan gets 1920's.

Edit/Correction: I am aware that the Kronshtadt did Start construction. though It was only 10% complete due to the Germans. and early in construction it was decided to use 15 inch German guns as (same ones scene on the Bismarck)  they realized they couldint make the 12 inch gun they wanted in time.

Edited by Admiral_Reeves
  • Bad 3

[BNKR]
Members
274 posts
358 battles

Wargaming simply cares more about its Russian customers vs ths U.S based ones.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1
  • Bad 1

[VOC]
Beta Testers
1,124 posts
5,871 battles
21 minutes ago, Ruthless4u said:

Don't forget that a lot of Europeans play on this server as well ^^

[SEOP]
Members
1,286 posts
36 minutes ago, Ruthless4u said:

guess we have already forgotten that the very first tech trees in the game were Japanese and American.  

Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
4,704 posts
4,491 battles
43 minutes ago, Admiral_Reeves said:

Okay so as many of you know at this point the Stalingrad will be a tier 10 Clan reward ship.

But it turns out there will be another 305MM Gun Russian Battleship (cruiser) coming out at tier 9!

and this Tier 9 "Cruiser" will have More HP then All the tier 9 Battleships in the game...

82,300HP...

9 - 305MM Main guns with a 20 second reload and a 35.3 second 180 turn time with a Max AP shell DMG of 9,000 and HE DMG of 4,200...

that being said it will still have Crusier armor... (Still better armor then Dunkirque)

230MM belt 25MM, on the ends,  with a Unknown amount of Deck armor.

Source: https://thedailybounce.net/2018/02/05/world-of-warships-supertest-kronshtadt-tier-ix-soviet-cruiser/

So while it Shouldint be TO Hard for BBs to fight this if they angle at this tier Cruisers are Screwed when fighting this...

All I will end with here is a Question : When will we get a tier 8 Cruiser Alaska? There are now 2 fully modeled Paper ships like it under the Russian flag so it would only be fair...

Speaking of Alaska it would be tier 8, Maybe 9 at most. because this ship and Stalingrad where Designed to be Better then Alaska so it wouldn't be fair to have it int the same tier.

though this is the game where the Germans and British get 1940's ships at tier 7 while the US and Japan gets 1920's.

1084to.jpg

• Cool 1

[O7]
Supertester, Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
10,650 posts
7,540 battles

How many threads do we need by people who get salty because WG is not only making the ships they want and dont want WG to fan service any other server? 

• Cool 1

Members
3,360 posts
3,915 battles
1 minute ago, 1nv4d3rZ1m said:

How many threads do we need by people who get salty because WG is not only making the ships they want and dont want WG to fan service any other server? 

When have they previously given this level of fanservice to ANY other nationality? Two premium super-cruisers battlecruisers announced concurrently that have the potential to completely overturn top-tier matchmaking?

Look, I agree - the thread flood is silliness. But it should also be clear that this has struck a chord with a lot of folks. And given the way these events have spun out of hand previously on these same forums, it's possible that Wargaming might want to take note.

[O7]
10,650 posts
7,540 battles
Just now, Cruiser_Fiume said:

When have they previously given this level of fanservice to ANY other nationality? Two premium super-cruisers battlecruisers announced concurrently that have the potential to completely overturn top-tier matchmaking?

Look, I agree - the thread flood is silliness. But it should also be clear that this has struck a chord with a lot of folks. And given the way these events have spun out of hand previously on these same forums, it's possible that Wargaming might want to take note.

Stalingrad was announced in the announcement for the last season of CB in october of last year https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/common/yes-we-clan/

Missouri? Alabama? Salem? Kidd? HSF Harakaze? HSF Graf Spee? all 8 (I think its 8 maybe more) ARP ships? There are plenty of fan service ships in the game. Lets not pretend only Soviet ships are mad to appeal to specific audiences or that they are any less deserving of ships that appeal to them. 

Members
3,360 posts
3,915 battles
Just now, 1nv4d3rZ1m said:

Stalingrad was announced in the announcement for the last season of CB in october of last year https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/common/yes-we-clan/

Missouri? Alabama? Salem? Kidd? HSF Harakaze? HSF Graf Spee? all 8 (I think its 8 maybe more) ARP ships? There are plenty of fan service ships in the game. Lets not pretend only Soviet ships are mad to appeal to specific audiences or that they are any less deserving of ships that appeal to them. 

Uh, I think that they are definitely less deserving. A country whose effective naval forces in both world wars could be counted on a few fingers? Where are the British or German battlecruisers? Where are the Italian battleships? Where are the Italian cruisers? Yet these two fraud boats get pushed to the front of the line, and, to cap it all off, they throw a giant, hammer & sickle-branded wrench into the works of the already-suspect matchmaking? Yes, people like to lose their heads over stuff - it has happened, it may be happening now, and it will happen again in the future. But don't tell me there's no beef to be had here.

• Cool 1
  • Bad 4

[ABDA]
Members
238 posts
3,509 battles

I would love to see Alaska in the game. If this paper ship battlecruiser can be this gaudy with stats, I hope the Alaska get some paper improvements as well.

[O7]
Supertest Coordinator, Supertester
6,387 posts
7,321 battles

WG has a schedule of what ships to release and one could possibly speculate it's Russian BB time later this year.

[O7]
10,650 posts
7,540 battles
5 minutes ago, Cruiser_Fiume said:

Uh, I think that they are definitely less deserving. A country whose effective naval forces in both world wars could be counted on a few fingers? Where are the British or German battlecruisers? Where are the Italian battleships? Where are the Italian cruisers? Yet these two fraud boats get pushed to the front of the line, and, to cap it all off, they throw a giant, hammer & sickle-branded wrench into the works of the already-suspect matchmaking? Yes, people like to lose their heads over stuff - it has happened, it may be happening now, and it will happen again in the future. But don't tell me there's no beef to be had here.

I think there are far more reasons to make a ship than their historical reputation. I am sorry that you are fine with denying an entire server content aimed at them, that seems discriminatory and short sighted to me, but whatever its a free country. 

Fraud boats? Really? You are going to call these boats frauds when there are things like the Zao and Hindenburg already in game? Do these threads just attract all the players with russian phobias? 

• Cool 3

[LOD_2]
Members
263 posts
1 hour ago, Admiral_Reeves said:

...though this is the game where the Germans and British get 1940's ships at tier 7 while the US and Japan gets 1920's.

The year doesnt matter a Thing, when it Comes to balance in game, the ingame balance is done by changing numbers in gamefiles.

[NMKJT]
Members
2,675 posts

There are a lot of boats that never floated, if you don't like them, don't play them, but allow others to enjoy them if they so choose

[NUWES]
Members
1,628 posts
5,472 battles

Stalingrad and Kronstadt virtually guarantee Alaska will show up eventually. Let them test the mega cruiser concept out on the never built ships before they do Alaska. Also, there is zero chance we'll see anything on Alaska before they fully announce the post-split American cruiser lines.  

[AR]
[AR]
Members
310 posts
11,609 battles

This level of complaining is not found in other servers. There is an anti Russian bias in the NA server. There has NEVER to my knowledge and experience thus far EVER been a time when a new Russian line or premium announced without the usual predictable howling, screeching and complaining by Americans about "Russian Bias" or favoritism in some way. Why all the complaining? The USA tech tree has more tech lines then the Russian one. There are also 19 US premium ships vs 14 Russian premiums. In fact, 2 of those US premiums can only be earned in ranked. And the Missouri if I am correct, is only available in the NA server.

No one is really excited about the Alaska class other then a small amount of players.  I never even heard of it until recently.

• Cool 2

[CMFRT]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
693 posts
1,687 battles

With the announcement that Kronsthadt is a tier 9 cruiser Im more excited for Alaska than ever before. It'll be a tier 9 cruiser like it should be. Im also excited for Kronsthadt herself now... looks like it'll be a fun ship. I do not understand this constant moaning about paper ships... just calm your butt and wait patiently, Alaska will come.

[SVF]
Members
852 posts
1,277 battles
6 hours ago, Aiser50 said:

And the Missouri if I am correct, is only available in the NA server.

You are not correct.  Missouri is available on the other servers as well.

[90THC]
Members
444 posts
5,382 battles

People calling these ships paper. i know the kronstadt was atleast partially built and wasn't the Stalingrad the last built gun cruiser in the world?

If anything this guarantees an Alaska.

Members
88 posts
4,053 battles

More HP than all the Tier 9 BB's in the game: 82,300HP

It's a lot of HP, but HP doesn't really mean too much IMO when judging by how current Russian cruiser design indicates that it will have a massive citadel. However, since it's a cruiser, if it gets the 33% citadel heal that cruisers get, this might be absurd. Also not to be that guy, but Friedrich's top hull has 84.3K

9 - 305MM Main guns with a 20 second reload and a 35.3 second 180 turn time

This is fairly similar to Scharnhorst. It's a good cruiser killer, but it lacks the sheer DPM that a cruiser can punch out. Not to mention, between Moskva's 220mm guns and these 305mm guns, there aren't many AP breakpoints for overmatch. The only one that comes to mind is the 16(?)mm bows of British Cruisers. The accuracy on these is probably a greater concern, and according to current info is similar to BB dispersion rather than CA dispersion, which is a major downside. 

It's fast, but who knows if it'll bleed speed massively in turns. Perhaps people will just bowtank with it and the speed won't even matter. I don't know about that turning circle, after seeing the proof that Moskva's turning circle is not what is listed in the stats. Rudder shift looks impressive for a BB, not much so for a CA. 

230MM belt 25MM, on the ends,  with a Unknown amount of Deck armor.

230mm is decent, but if it gives any sort of broadside to high tier cruisers it will melt quickly. Only the Hindenburg really has any penetration issues. USN 8" shells have insane pen as well as lolnormalization, and Zao IJN 203mm AP rounds just have some ridiculous shell velocity that amplifies its penetration a great deal. Henri and Moskva have larger calibre rounds with even better penetration. Zao and DM can citadel high tier BB's at ~3-4km ranges that have 410mm of armour, so I imagine a Kronstadt would melt quickly if it tries to show broadside during a cruiser duel. 

The one thing that I really have an issue with is the stealth of this ship. If you remove its stealth, it becomes a mega-cruiser that trades off DPM for pure Alpha strike, and the weak armour and concealement would raise the skill required by forcing clever positioning. With its current concealement (similar to the Des Moines' IIRC), it can disengage too easily, IMO. 

Ehh, these aren't really paper ships, depending on what your definition of a paper ship is. These were full designs that were laid down and partially constructed. Alaska is something that I'm looking forward to as well, I think for all purposes it could be balanced quite similarly, though I don't know enough about the Alaska to make any real statements. 

I don't know if there are any stats that put the Kronstadt over the Alaska, though. A quick glance at Wikipedia and Navyweaps would show that they both carry 3x3 305mm guns with similar penetration (Kronstadt has more, but it's a negligible amount), similar armour layout asides from a strong deck (assuming Alaska is similar to Baltimore and Kronstadt similar to Moskva), and just more displacement which usually translates to more HP. Depending on the HP differences, I guess it could be argued that they be split a tier, but really, do you want to encounter an Alaska in a T6 ship..? I would think not. 

Regardless of the actual era of the ship, it's more based around how the historical specifications reflect in the game mechanics. World of Warships was never a naval combat simulator, it's an arcade team-based combat MMO with in-game stats inspired by historical content. If it works in terms of the game balance (debatable, but that's a discussion for another day), it's fine. 

[R-F1]
Beta Testers
1,844 posts
6,743 battles
7 hours ago, Aiser50 said:

This level of complaining is not found in other servers. There is an anti Russian bias in the NA server. There has NEVER to my knowledge and experience thus far EVER been a time when a new Russian line or premium announced without the usual predictable howling, screeching and complaining by Americans about "Russian Bias" or favoritism in some way. Why all the complaining? The USA tech tree has more tech lines then the Russian one. There are also 19 US premium ships vs 14 Russian premiums. In fact, 2 of those US premiums can only be earned in ranked. And the Missouri if I am correct, is only available in the NA server.

No one is really excited about the Alaska class other then a small amount of players.  I never even heard of it until recently.

Really, there's no complaints about Russian bias on the Russian servers?  I am shocked good sir!  Just completely flabbergasted!

But you know what we do get from the Russian servers?  Nerfs to American ships, e.g. the upcoming midway nerf (because don't I'd yourself, it's been proven that the devs ignore stats from the NA server and only pay attention to the Russian server stats when buffing or nerfing ships... and for some reason it's usually the US ships that are deemed to be overperforming)

Sign in to follow this