You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
digitaljustice

**List of Tech Tree Premiums going away tomorrow**

44 comments in this topic

[FADES]
Members
140 posts
3,624 battles

I have made a list of the tech tree premium ships being removed in tomorrow's patch - 0.7.1

I am not doing this as a "The sky is falling!" or "Why Wargaming, why?" post - just to let people know if they want to pick up any of these tech tree ships for doubloons, they might want to do it tonight before the patch (yes, I know they might come back or be in the Premium shop as specials from time to time).  I have picked up a few of the low tier ones to have something to play with friends I referred or just started playing.  Please forgive any errors, I have some of these premiums and believe the list to be accurate, but there might be mistakes.

Japan
Tier 2 - Mikasa - Tachibana
Tier 3 - Katori
Tier 4 - Ishizuchi 
Tier 6 - Mutsu
Tier 7 - Kaga

USA
Tier 2 - Albany - Smith
Tier 5 - Texas - Marblehead
Tier 6 - Arizona
Tier 7 - Saipan - Indianapolis
Tier 8 - Enterprise

USSR 
Tier 2 - Diana
Tier 3 - Aurora - Oleg
Tier 5 - Okt. Revolutsiya - Murmansk - Krasny Krym - Okhotnik
Tier 6 - Makarov

Germany
Tier 2 - Emden
Tier 7 - Scharnhorst
Tier 8 - Prinz Eugen

UK
Tier 3 - Cambeltown
Tier 6 - Warspite - Gallant

Pan-Asia
Tier 6 - Anshan

France
Tier 6 - Dunkerque

Italy
Tier 5 - Guilio Cesare

And here is a copy &  paste from the 0.7.1 Patch Notes of those remaining:

With the Update 0.7.1 only the following ships are available for in-game purchase with Doubloons:

Alabama, Tirpitz, Perth, Kii, Duca d'Aosta, Lo Yang, Leningrad, Atago, De Grasse, Hood, Yubari, Sims, Molotov, Graf Spee, Blyskawica.

You can also find these ships in the Premium Shop.

The ships remaining on regular sale are the most popular and "comfortable" to play, and the most representative of their nation and ship type. Other ships will be periodically available for purchase.

Hope this helps!

Edited by digitaljustice
  • Cool 3

Alpha Tester
4,620 posts
2,400 battles

OK good, they're not taking away the Tirpitz. It currently stands as the next premium I want to get (unless they finally decide to add my beloved Haida into the game).

[MIA-A]
Members
1,939 posts
6,542 battles

This post just reminds me how absurdly much I've spent on the game given I have... a too high of percentage of those :)

• Funny 1

[PVE]
Members
8,794 posts
7,234 battles
53 minutes ago, digitaljustice said:

I have made a list of the tech tree premium ships being removed in tomorrow's patch - 0.7.1

I am not doing this as a "The sky is falling!" or "Why Wargaming, why?" post - just to let people know if they want to pick up any of these tech tree ships for doubloons, they might want to do it tonight before the patch (yes, I know they might come back or be in the Premium shop as specials from time to time).  I have picked up a few of the low tier ones to have something to play with friends I referred or just started playing.  Please forgive any errors, I have some of these premiums and believe the list to be accurate, but there might be mistakes.

Japan
Tier 2 - Mikasa - Tachibana
Tier 3 - Katori
Tier 4 - Ishizuchi 
Tier 6 - Mutsu
Tier 7 - Kaga

USA
Tier 2 - Albany - Smith
Tier 5 - Texas - Marblehead
Tier 6 - Arizona
Tier 7 - Saipan - Indianapolis
Tier 8 - Enterprise

USSR 
Tier 2 - Diana
Tier 3 - Aurora - Oleg
Tier 5 - Okt. Revolutsiya - Murmansk - Krasny Krym - Okhotnik
Tier 6 - Makarov

Germany
Tier 2 - Emden
Tier 7 - Scharnhorst
Tier 8 - Prinz Eugen

UK
Tier 3 - Cambeltown
Tier 6 - Warspite - Gallant

Pan-Asia
Tier 6 - Anshan

France
Tier 6 - Dunkerque

Italy
Tier 5 - Guilio Cesare

Hope this helps!

Shiny, I already have all of those. I was afraid Shinonome was going to be replaced in its campaign, but it looks like Aigle will have its own Graf Spee type mission.

Edit, Missed Enterprise. I don't have that one, but since I stink in PvE at Saipan and Kaga, I can wait for it to come back again.

Edited by Kizarvexis

[BOATC]
Members
297 posts
7,112 battles

What are the odds Kaga is gone for good?

[PVE]
Members
8,794 posts
7,234 battles
2 minutes ago, wdarkk said:

What are the odds Kaga is gone for good?

Saipan came back after it left, so I have a feeling Kaga will be back.

[TF16B]
Members
8,029 posts
16,968 battles

Could be bad...

...eeeeeexxxxxcept all of them have drifted into my port for one reason or another anyway, so...

...whadevs...

Thanks for the heads up in any case, OP.

Edited by Estimated_Prophet
  • Cool 1

[RKLES]
Members
7,089 posts
8,720 battles

Little surprised they are pulling Scharnhorst and Mikasa out of shop since those have been long time residents of the premium ships in the tech tree.

[RKLES]
Members
7,089 posts
8,720 battles
1 minute ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

Could be bad...

...eeeeeexxxxxcept all of them have drifted into my port for one reason or another anyway, so...

...whadevs...

Lol nice to have a good collection of ships on hand :Smile_honoring:

[WOLF2]
Members
262 posts
4,283 battles

Ah, nuts. I was saving up for the Sharny, I guess I'll have to wait until it comes back...if it comes back.

[CK5]
Members
780 posts
6,177 battles

There are going to be a lot of people after tomorrow kicking themselves because they didn't get the Giulio Cesare.

• Cool 3

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
6,033 posts
9,183 battles

Hmmm... I still have not picked up the Enterprise.....:Smile_sad:

[NOOOB]
Members
1,436 posts
12,030 battles

If ya don’t have an Arizona, would suggest you get ( if you want to pay doubloons).  

[RKLES]
Members
7,089 posts
8,720 battles
6 minutes ago, WolfmanJack99 said:

Ah, nuts. I was saving up for the Sharny, I guess I'll have to wait until it comes back...if it comes back.

I highly doubt that it will be gone for good since it's a highly historic ship and a WOWs classic.

[RKLES]
Members
7,089 posts
8,720 battles
2 minutes ago, MajorEnglush said:

Wait -- Scharnhorst is leaving?

Is it worth getting before it's gone?

Yes if you have the Doubloons it is certainly worth getting since it was one of Germany's 4 major WWII Battleships Scharnhorst, Gneisenau, Bismarck and Tirpitz. Scharnhorst gave allies a lot of trouble and did not go down easily and I have seen it do a lot in WOWs battles as well.  

Only downside is it costs 9,700 Doubloons...

[WOLF2]
Members
262 posts
4,283 battles
6 minutes ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

I highly doubt that it will be gone for good since it's a highly historic ship and a WOWs classic.

I just hope it becomes available before the next time WG decides to make ranked tier 7 again.  For now I'll have to train my captains on the Graff Spee.

Edited by WolfmanJack99

[EREKT]
Members
746 posts
5,755 battles

Wow, this almost depresses me. Glad I have them all though. It seems like an era is ending or something.  can't believe they're removing the Scharnhorst and Dunkerque... Especially right when they're debuting the French BB line. Having Aigle as a reward ship is a nice touch though. People love grinding stuff out for the reward (as long as it doesn't take FOREVER obv). I'm on the Nelson now, already got the Missouri and Musashi... Only 150k left. I wonder what the Aigle mission will be having you do, rack up 100,000 xp before bonuses or something like that? Can't imagine it'll be quick or easy.

[VVV]
[VVV]
Members
681 posts
10,319 battles

Kinda bummed about Big E I get paid Friday and was going to pick her up 

Supertester
415 posts
5,896 battles
45 minutes ago, PrairiePlayer said:

There are going to be a lot of people after tomorrow kicking themselves because they didn't get the Giulio Cesare.

I had slightly over 5k doubloons and was thinking of buying the Giulio or the Leningrad. Ended up buying the Giulio.

Next day it is revealed that Giulio will be removed and Leningrad will stay.

Talk about a lucky guess.

[PVE]
Members
8,794 posts
7,234 battles
20 minutes ago, HorrorRoach said:

Wow, this almost depresses me. Glad I have them all though. It seems like an era is ending or something.  can't believe they're removing the Scharnhorst and Dunkerque... Especially right when they're debuting the French BB line. Having Aigle as a reward ship is a nice touch though. People love grinding stuff out for the reward (as long as it doesn't take FOREVER obv). I'm on the Nelson now, already got the Missouri and Musashi... Only 150k left. I wonder what the Aigle mission will be having you do, rack up 100,000 xp before bonuses or something like that? Can't imagine it'll be quick or easy.

They will be back. Ships rotate in and out and this will make room for some of the new premium ships that have yet to hit the tech tree for doubloons. 

[OPEC]
Members
925 posts
5,108 battles
1 hour ago, MajorEnglush said:

Wait -- Scharnhorst is leaving?

Is it worth getting before it's gone?

100% yes.