You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Stephen57_battleship

offsetting the fires from HE shells

7 comments in this topic

Members
33 posts
6,991 battles

I have notice a lot of people are shooting HE shells to start fires on your ships my question is what mod's & skill sets are you using to off set the fires from HE shells? please advise.Stephen

• Cool 1

[WOLF1]
Members
619 posts
12,934 battles
4 minutes ago, Stephen57_battleship said:

I have notice a lot of people are shooting HE shells to start fires on your ships my question is what mod's & skill sets are you using to off set the fires from HE shells? please advise.Stephen

There is no mod steven. Your best bet is to take fire prevention as a captain skill and also use premium repair party and premium heal on your battleships as well as the flags that reduce fire and improve your heal by twenty percent.  Also if you don't know already don't use your repair unless u have 2 fires or more goin on your ship.

• Cool 2

[SKDSH]
[SKDSH]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
3,979 posts
9,855 battles

If you mean upgrades and commanders skills , personally none .  I use my experience in playing as long as I have to TRY and judge when to use the DamCon consumable based on what ship type I am playing at the time .  

:Smile_honoring:

[CAST]
Members
1,398 posts
5,815 battles

I'm assuming that by "mods" you mean module upgrades, in which case any of them which reduce your chance of being set on fire and/or boost your damage control will obviously help.  You also might want to equip Auxiliary Armaments I on your ships with good AA/secondary ratings (if you haven't already) to reduce the number of guns lost due to the HE spam.

[SHAFT]
Members
165 posts
10,001 battles

Depending on the type and tier of your ship there are modules that will reduce your fire chance and reduce duration of fires.

You can also spec your captain to counteract fires. This is the build i use on my US BBs, swap out concealment for AFT on Germans.

USBB.thumb.png.eb4f1a9c91329c7f64454f9565043a3c.png

You are not going to be able to eliminate fires completely, best hope is to reduce their duration as much as possible.

Edited by Rabindra_Sooknanan
  • Cool 1

[RKLES]
Members
7,103 posts
8,758 battles
54 minutes ago, Rabindra_Sooknanan said:

Depending on the type and tier of your ship there are modules that will reduce your fire chance and reduce duration of fires.

You can also spec your captain to counteract fires. This is the build i use on my US BBs, swap out concealment for AFT on Germans.

USBB.thumb.png.eb4f1a9c91329c7f64454f9565043a3c.png

You are not going to be able to eliminate fires completely, best hope is to reduce their duration as much as possible.

The above skills are indeed useful.

Superintendent is also useful if you have a ship equipped with Repair Party since it does give you an extra charge of the consumable that can keep you alive that much longer in those long matches with a lot of HE thrown at you.

Of course if you are facing HE spammers you will need Premium Consumables so you can be able to burn through Repair Parties at faster rate if needed. Certainly not all that uncommon for me to use all 5 charges of Repair party that some of my BBs carry and still finish the battle with critical HP level..

• Cool 1