You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
CLUCH_CARGO

DISAPPOINTMENT

40 comments in this topic

[ARRGG]
[ARRGG]
Members
5,770 posts

I am Sad. The Training rooms are not going to be fixed.The subject wasn't even Addressed. We can not do any serious training in them. No Dodging incoming Shells or Torpedoes. No tracking a moving ship for Aiming purposes. No team maneuvers or flotilla  formation fighting. No Spectator Gallery. Just a Room with maps. How Disappointing. 

• Cool 8
  • Bad 1

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
2,220 posts
8,387 battles

Nothing to say except that I agree. At least bring it up to parity with what it was before the "official" release...

Members
9,862 posts
1 minute ago, Cruiser_Fiume said:

How did you manage to post this 4 times?

Impatience with the post button.....

But I do agree with the OP, adding the training room into the game after 2.5 years, and then taking away the features that made it a really useful tool seems odd, to say the least.:Smile_amazed:

• Cool 2

Members
411 posts
3 minutes ago, Cruiser_Fiume said:

How did you manage to post this 4 times?

Jamming the "post" button when someone is impatient that it's not in the 'most recent' queue. I've done it once before, but not four times in a row.

Edited by KonigstigerVII

[ARRGG]
[ARRGG]
Members
5,770 posts
2 minutes ago, awiggin said:

Impatience with the post button.....

But I do agree with the OP, adding the training room into the game after 2.5 years, and then taking away the features that made it a really useful tool seems odd, to say the least.:Smile_amazed:

This ^^^^^^^

[-K-]
[-K-]
Members
3,034 posts
12,514 battles
7 minutes ago, CLUCH_CARGO said:

I am Sad. The Training rooms are not going to be fixed.The subject wasn't even Addressed. We can not do any serious training in them. No Dodging incoming Shells or Torpedoes. No tracking a moving ship for Aiming purposes. No team maneuvers or flotilla  formation fighting. No Spectator Gallery. Just a Room with maps. How Disappointing. 

Spectator mode would be very welcome. Maybe chime in on https://forum.worldofwarships.com/topic/150186-pigeons-weekly-thought-feb-5th-2018/ about that feature having use for others as well. Likewise, being able to have more teammates on the same side for training would be very useful.

Everything else you described though, like dodging incoming fire or hitting moving targets, I'd say just do Randoms. Bot shooting and bot driving aren't the same as what you'll encounter from human players anyway.

Members
2,748 posts
6,229 battles

Yea, I wasn't too impressed with it either. I've been having aiming issues lately and can't seem to hit anything and was going to use the training room to work on it.

[WGA]
Administrator
659 posts
241 battles

I do need to clarify the subject has been addressed a few times.  There aren't plans to make changes to the Training Room at this time.  That isn't to say changes couldn't come in the future, but the goal of this was to provide similar functionality to a much larger segment of the player base. 

• Bad 1

Members
841 posts
4,880 battles

Training Room is great if you want to fight against just friends.

Training Room is great if you want to take a ship and test out your weapons/angles against stationary ships in a controlled environment (to get the best test results). And for those that will say you want to test taking fire, just place a ship of your type in the game and play the role of the enemy ship and control what angles you shoot it from (and see how much damage it takes).

Training Room is great if you want to re-create a historic battle with friends and randoms.

But training rooms weren't meant to replace Co-Op or Random battles. If you want bots that shoot back, play Co-Op. Quite frankly if the bots in the training room shot back, there'd be no reason for anyone to play Co-Op anymore.

Edited by FleetAdmiral_Assassin
  • Cool 1

[ARRGG]
[ARRGG]
Members
5,770 posts
1 minute ago, Ramsalot said:

What's wrong with training in randoms?

The fact you can't take in 7 members as a Division. 

[ARRGG]
[ARRGG]
Members
5,770 posts
7 minutes ago, FleetAdmiral_Assassin said:

Training Room is great if you want to fight against just friends.

Training Room is great if you want to take a ship and test out your weapons/angles against stationary ships in a controlled environment (to get the best test results). And for those that will say you want to test taking fire, just place a ship of your type in the game and play the role of the enemy ship and control what angles you shoot it from (and see how much damage it takes).

Training Room is great if you want to re-create a historic battle with friends and randoms.

But training rooms weren't meant to replace Co-Op or Random battles. If you want bots that shoot back, play Co-Op. Quite frankly if the bots in the training room shot back, there'd be no reason for anyone to play Co-Op anymore.

I understand that concept however Divisions have limits and to train a team you need 7 in a division.

[ARRGG]
[ARRGG]
Members
5,770 posts
21 minutes ago, Radar_X said:

I do need to clarify the subject has been addressed a few times.  There aren't plans to make changes to the Training Room at this time.  That isn't to say changes couldn't come in the future, but the goal of this was to provide similar functionality to a much larger segment of the player base. 

The Key Word in your Explanation is FUNCTIONALITY. That was removed from the Training Room. 

Edited by CLUCH_CARGO

[SMI-1]
[SMI-1]
Members
272 posts
8,398 battles

I too am disappointed in the testing room, we were hopping to train some of our Academy Clan members, but can't, and also a BIG DISAPPOINTMENT with Clan Battles announced this morning, how much did WG cave into the demands of the BIG 3 Clans that have 5 sub clans apiece ? Nothing changed there either, a lot of talk from the WG staff and Developers for the past 3 months but nothing, I predict a lot less players this time for CB, due to this mis-step by WG.

• Cool 1

[MIA]
[MIA]
Beta Testers
53 posts
14,352 battles
54 minutes ago, CLUCH_CARGO said:

I understand that concept however Divisions have limits and to train a team you need 7 in a division.

I'm guessing you want to work on a few things with your clan mates for the up coming CB. Not knowing the the size of your clan, if you have enough members you could setup a 7 vs 7 in the training room. If you don't, you could try and get another clan to scrim with in the training room.

• Cool 2

[-VT-]
Members
378 posts
22,693 battles
1 hour ago, CLUCH_CARGO said:

Why would you want to train against bots?  Holy cow, only real people as opponents give you real experience.  Bots are a waste of time/effort for large team exercises.

Fire up your clan mates and get them in there to give you a decent "look" and a viable opponent strategy.  And if you don't have the numbers for such then reach out to another clan to be your OPFOR.

My clan has a history of scrimmages against others.  We welcome the challenge and we welcome the experience.  Reach out to us at NGA if you can't find another.

Sabene

• Cool 2
  • Bad 2

[PVE]
Members
8,798 posts
7,234 battles
1 hour ago, Brhinosaurus said:

altering-the-deal.jpg.0609219a2e5bc4b1be7e693a4a3c2bd6.jpg

Wargaming has altered the Training Room.  Pray they do not alter it any further.

:Smile_teethhappy:

1 minute ago, Sabene said:

Why would you want to train against bots?  Holy cow, only real people as opponents give you real experience.  Bots are a waste of time/effort for large team exercises.

Fire up your clan mates and get them in there to give you a decent "look" and a viable opponent strategy.  And if you don't have the numbers for such then reach out to another clan to be your OPFOR.

My clan has a history of scrimmages against others.  We welcome the challenge and we welcome the experience.  Reach out to us at NGA if you can't find another.

Sabene

This sounds like it would be better training for clan battles.

[ARRGG]
[ARRGG]
Members
5,770 posts
3 minutes ago, ScarySnowman said:

I'm guessing you want to work on a few things with your clan mates for the up coming CB. Not knowing the the size of your clan, if you have enough members you could setup a 7 vs 7 in the training room. If you don't, you could try and get another clan to scrim with in the training room.

This is a good Idea. And we have tried this with minimal success. If only there was a dedicated que  to organize this for simplicity and or convenience. {If there is such a place where can it be found?}

Members
503 posts
3,459 battles

Active bots in training rooms allowed potential CV captains to learn manual drops without throwing a match.  

• Cool 3

[PVE]
Members
8,798 posts
7,234 battles
3 minutes ago, Uber_Ghost said:

Active bots in training rooms allowed potential CV captains to learn manual drops without throwing a match.  

Nah, just play CVs in PvE. The vast majority of PvE mains do not care if you are coming into to PvE to learn something new. I suspect that the ones that do complain are either not PvE mains or would complain no matter the mode.

I've been in T4 battles where a new player had come in with out knowing the key commands and I explained so that he could get planes in the air and make attacks. He loved it and I gave him places to go to get videos on CVs, so he should be good for learning now.

But again, come on over to PvE to learn as we are understanding as a group.

[MIA]
[MIA]
Beta Testers
53 posts
14,352 battles
9 minutes ago, CLUCH_CARGO said:

This is a good Idea. And we have tried this with minimal success. If only there was a dedicated que  to organize this for simplicity and or convenience. {If there is such a place where can it be found?}

There is no que. You would have to organize and set it up in a training room. The options you have is, if you know another clan, ask if they want to have a scrim. Or post on the forms to find one. Once you find one, set up the rules and a time that work for both parties. By the looks of it, Sabene is willing to help.

[R-F]
Members
664 posts
6,150 battles
9 minutes ago, Kizarvexis said:

Nah, just play CVs in PvE. The vast majority of PvE mains do not care if you are coming into to PvE to learn something new. I suspect that the ones that do complain are either not PvE mains or would complain no matter the mode.

I've been in T4 battles where a new player had come in with out knowing the key commands and I explained so that he could get planes in the air and make attacks. He loved it and I gave him places to go to get videos on CVs, so he should be good for learning now.

But again, come on over to PvE to learn as we are understanding as a group.

Just curious, but how would PvE players react if one of the ships in a match was being driven by the four-year-old offspring of the account holder, who has a very limited grasp of game mechanics but wants to try anyhow?  Because that's 90% of what I've used the training room for so far.