You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Drghost_Poutinebbq

Was sure this was gonna be noticed in this patch Arp Captains

15 comments in this topic

[NASTY]
Beta Testers
280 posts
7,645 battles

Starting from Update 0.7.1, the players can dismiss the ARP and Dragon commanders they don’t need any longer -- you won’t be able to receive these commanders again after you dismiss them

I think this will make some people happy. Personally i will keep mine for different IJN captain builds.

[NDA]
Supertester
4,771 posts
13,562 battles

It was noticed back when it was announced on the WoWs Facebook Dev Blog. 

I will also keep any ARP captain that has skill points. But when these ships were first given out they came with 0 point captains, than they were won again as 10p captains. I have two of the same captain ones with no points and ones with 10 points. So I'll be dismissing the duplicates who have now skill and that will really clean up my Reserve Barracks.  

[LEGIT]
Beta Testers
297 posts
15,745 battles

Why would someone wants to delete rare items instead of keeping them as collectibles??? It's not like everyday that you will get a chance to get teenagers, a giant lizard and a Teddy Bear to command your ships.

• Funny 2

Alpha Tester
2,718 posts
4,294 battles

I see them as free skilled captains...10 points takes considerable time to get up to ya know...

Members
9,862 posts
3 minutes ago, pyantoryng said:

I see them as free skilled captains...10 points takes considerable time to get up to ya know...

We also got a number of duplicates with no skill points or very few. I'm sure most players will be glad to be able to finally clear those out.

[NASTY]
Beta Testers
280 posts
7,645 battles
36 minutes ago, RedSeaBear said:

It was noticed back when it was announced on the WoWs Facebook Dev Blog. 

I will also keep any ARP captain that has skill points. But when these ships were first given out they came with 0 point captains, than they were won again as 10p captains. I have two of the same captain ones with no points and ones with 10 points. So I'll be dismissing the duplicates who have now skill and that will really clean up my Reserve Barracks.  

Ha, i dont follow dev blog that is why I did not see that before :) Thanks for the info

[SKDSH]
[SKDSH]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
3,979 posts
9,855 battles

I will for sure dismiss any who have less then 10 points . That will leave ~13 or more some of which I will probably dismiss as well as I have a regular IJN commander at 15 points in my reserve and since I am not a collector of ships , only have 18 ships in my port four of which are IJN and all of those have 19 point commanders in them .

:Smile_honoring:

[NDA]
Supertester
4,771 posts
13,562 battles
Just now, drghost69 said:

Ha, i dont follow dev blog that is why I did not see that before :) Thanks for the info

You don't have to follow the Dev Blog just keep an eye on the newest thread list here on the forum, like 3 people will post about Dev Blog updates. 

Like watch for post discussing the New Russian T3 Cruiser that was just announced recently.

Members
2,748 posts
6,229 battles
31 minutes ago, pyantoryng said:

That's they I feel about them. I just wished I knew what the were screaming though. Can't understand a word they are saying. A sub title or something.

[NDA]
[NDA]
Supertest Coordinator
6,188 posts
4,568 battles
41 minutes ago, SoftAndCute said:

Why would someone wants to delete rare items instead of keeping them as collectibles??? It's not like everyday that you will get a chance to get teenagers, a giant lizard and a Teddy Bear to command your ships.

Have two of each captain, one with 10 points and one with 1-6 points depending on which mission I got them on.

Don't need more than one of each collectible captain.

• Cool 1

[FOXEH]
[FOXEH]
Alpha Tester
6,007 posts
9,528 battles
On 2/6/2018 at 11:32 AM, Jinxed_Katajainen said:

Have two of each captain, one with 10 points and one with 1-6 points depending on which mission I got them on.

Don't need more than one of each collectible captain.

same here. it is quite nice though, you don't have to grind as much since they can be put on any IJN ship. I put the 6 pointers on the ARPs and have been using the 10 pointers for new ships. It only takes around 3-4 good battles to get the captain back to 100% eff again too.:Smile_Default:

[XBRTC]
Members
1,197 posts
7,143 battles
On 2/6/2018 at 8:51 AM, SoftAndCute said:

This. I hadn't realized that you could use them as regular IJN captains until recently. I've got psychotic-break-Teddy-Ruxpin commanding my Kagero now, which really cracks me up. It's even funnier if you've watched the show.

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Members
1,706 posts

They give out so many barracks slots in daily grind containers that there's really no benefit to clearing out a handful of captains.

[ARRGG]
[ARRGG]
Members
5,770 posts

I have so many Captain Berths empty I see no reason to dismiss the ARP without selling the ships.

[SYN]
Members
4,525 posts
11,433 battles

Like every other daily container over the past three or four months has awarded reserve captain slots.  I've got reserve captain slots coming out of my ears.  This isn't a complaint, there's just no need to dismiss anyone, despite the excess surplus of low-point captains.