You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
mxstat99

[TOOL] A program to collect and analyze personal farm of exp and credits

315 comments in this topic

Modder
173 posts
32 battles
1 hour ago, Dodgy_Cookies said:

Also what does the "Sink" column mean?

It's like fire but from torpedoes. Please suggest an appropriate term and I'll use it

[BAKED]
Members
918 posts
8,948 battles
1 hour ago, mxstat99 said:

It's like fire but from torpedoes. Please suggest an appropriate term and I'll use it

The damage is called Flooding.

[ANZ4C]
Members
205 posts
11,180 battles

Thanks for the update, this program goes from strength to strength

Some feedback on 6.9

The link in MxStats to the support page is invalid and does not come here

The 'sherlok" (sp?) function does not work for 6.10 files

Would it be possible to add an option to all the files with sherlok rather than having to do them 1 by 1 - I have hundreds after all and it gets a bit tedious

I am also very curious as to what other stuff can be obtained from the replay file.

Can we get, for example, each player's XP? or at least your relative position in the XP score on your side? 

Can we get the damage by ship? (10,000 pts of damage to a DD is much more important than 10,000 pts to a BB)

Thanks again for your efforts.

Modder
173 posts
32 battles
15 hours ago, oz_boater said:

The 'sherlok" (sp?) function does not work for 6.10 files

Would it be possible to add an option to all the files with sherlok

Hello!

Both issues will be fixed with todays update.

Can we get, for example, each player's XP

I'll take a look, but this might be not be possible.

Can we get the damage by ship?

Yes it is possible. I'll think this over and will put on todo list.

Regards, Maxim

Modder
173 posts
32 battles

Hi all!

It's been a hard week))

• Progress indication is added for some long running operations.
  • Sherlock: added support for replays versions >=0.6.3, as well as for 0.6.10 and higher.
  • Improved the search engine for the replay of a battle.
  • Sherlock: unfortunately I had to reset all the previous results of this function.
  • But then! Added function for analysing of replays for all battles from the list.
  • Sherlock: improved algorithm for calculating damage.
  • Sherlock: added torpedoes hits, plans taken down and hits made by the main caliber.
  • Sherlock: now the position in the list of battles is not reset.
  • Added ships and camouflages from the version 0.6.10.

Fair Winds and Following Seas!

[ANZ4C]
Members
205 posts
11,180 battles
2 hours ago, mxstat99 said:

Hello!

Both issues will be fixed with todays update.

I'll take a look, but this might be not be possible.

Yes it is possible. I'll think this over and will put on todo list.

Regards, Maxim

Thanks Maxim

I am hoping that if an item of data appears in the post battle screens, then it is buried somewhere in the replay file. Given that these screens do not appear in a replay that may not be the case, but I am hoping. If they do it would be good to eventually have basically all the data that is put on those screens.

Modder
173 posts
32 battles
36 minutes ago, oz_boater said:

Thanks Maxim

You are welcome))

No, replays does not contain battle results. (But i'll check it any way)

Sherlock applies event stream from the replays to it's iternal counters so this is how total damage appears.

Regards, Maxim

[ANZ4C]
Members
205 posts
11,180 battles

Maxim,

Is there any doco on the replay file layout?

I was having a browse of it and even in hex it doesn't make much sense to me

Modder
173 posts
32 battles
1 hour ago, oz_boater said:

Maxim,

Is there any doco on the replay file layout?

I was having a browse of it and even in hex it doesn't make much sense to me

It's encrypted with a blowfish algo.

Even decrypted it is encoded in a non trivial way.

Edited by mxstat99

[ANZ4C]
Members
205 posts
11,180 battles
Just now, mxstat99 said:

It's encrypted with a blowfish algo.

Even decrypted it is encoded in a not trival way.

Well I presume only part is encrypted, there is some plain test header information.

So do you need to have some sort of agreement with Wargaming to get the encryption key and be allowed to read the file? 

I thought i might have a look through the file and see what information it would be nice to have, but that isn't looking practical.

One thing that must be there though (and would be useful for analyzing playstyle effectiveness if how long you lasted vs how long the match went. Help understand if you are getting killed off early ona regular basis

Modder
173 posts
32 battles

If you unpack the game resources with wowsunpack.exe (it's topic on the russian forum) it has a gui

The files are: res\scripts\entities.xml and res\scripts\entity_defs\*.*

There are entities with properties and methods listed.

A replay file (in it's most part) is a series of encoded method calls.

We might continue this conversation with email: qmbqx8gh@gmail.com

Regards, Maxim

[SIMP]
Alpha Tester
418 posts
4,163 battles

I'm not seriously suggesting you do this, Maxim, but wouldn't it be possible to scan screenshots associated with replays using OCR to get the data points otherwise missing from the replay file? Things like main battery fired/torpedoes fired? Just something to think about :)

One thing I would like to see added is some kind of indicator in the replay list when a replay has screenshots linked. Those games where the user screenshots the post-battle statistics are likely the games the user is most interested in, yet I don't think there's any easy way to find old ones in mxstat.

Cheers!

Modder
173 posts
32 battles
8 hours ago, Theurge said:

I'm not seriously suggesting you do this, Maxim, but wouldn't it be possible to scan screenshots associated with replays using OCR to get the data points otherwise missing from the replay file? Things like main battery fired/torpedoes fired? Just something to think about :)

One thing I would like to see added is some kind of indicator in the replay list when a replay has screenshots linked. Those games where the user screenshots the post-battle statistics are likely the games the user is most interested in, yet I don't think there's any easy way to find old ones in mxstat.

Cheers!

Thank you for your feedback

I've tried ocr but failed. also I have trained an artificial neural network to classfy results screenshots by their "type" but I don't know how to use it.

About indicator: sounds like a good idea. I'll do something.

And I had plans to add kind of "tags" with an "tag cloud", but again haven't started to implement yet.

Regards, Maxim

Modder
173 posts
32 battles

Update update:

• The behavior of the program was changed when an error occurred. Now instead of quietly shutting down, a dialog with diagnostics is displayed.
  • Fixed a bug which occurs while working with logs selection.
  • Added a column showing the fact of having linked screenshots.

Modder
173 posts
32 battles

A minor update is available now:

• Game localization files updated, so British BBs now display correctly

[SIMP]
Alpha Tester
418 posts
4,163 battles

Hi Maxim,

Is the program source code freely available?

Thanks

Modder
173 posts
32 battles
10 hours ago, Theurge said:

Hi Maxim,

Is the program source code freely available?

Thanks

Hello!

No it's not. I'm a big fan of open source and have been using linux for 19 years )) at home and at work))
But this particular project is my first experience with the Python programming language.

And I'm not proud of the code I've created(( It's awful and full of nasty hacks and bugs.

Don't want to share this piece of ... something.

Regards, Maxim

PS You may ask me any details on how the program works.

Modder
173 posts
32 battles

Something useful has been added:

• Added setting for launching auto-actions: updating the list of logs and battles at the end of the replay recording and starting the analysis of replays.
  • Game update 0.6.10.1: added ships, containers, achievements and a collection.
  • Fixed preserving of selection of several log files when updating their list.

And dont't forget to celebrate the game anniversary))

Modder
173 posts
32 battles

It is Friday and it's update time))

- Added the setting to run the update program. You can choose when to check and install updates: when you run the program or on the program exit.

- The program update installer now starts in a simplified mode.

- Fixed a sorting error on the "Containers" tab that caused the crash of the program.

- Selecting logs with the arrow keys while holding down the Shift key is made more responsive.

- Added ships, achievements and camouflage from the version of the game 0.6.11.0.

Modder
173 posts
32 battles

An update has been released:

- Configuring the displayed columns in the battle list is duplicated on the toolbar.

- In the xlsx export, the file extension is now appended automatically.

- Ship serverside statistics updated.

[SIMP]
Alpha Tester
418 posts
4,163 battles

Hi Maxim,

I'm impressed with how far mxStat has come, and I'm grateful that you're still actively developing it. Ah, and speaking of development, I have some suggestions for the Sherlock function! 

1. Add data field and filter option for battles which have been Sherlocked (similar to the Screenshots Linked field)
  2. Add ability to queue Sherlocks for multiple specific battles (e.g. by selecting each battle with ctrl-click, or selecting a range with shift-click, etc.)
  3. Implement a warning if the user tries to Sherlock a large amount of battles at once
  4. Add ability to cancel a running Sherlock queue
  5. If the battle list has a filter applied, Sherlock should only run on the displayed battles

Regarding item 2, sometimes I want to run Sherlock on some, but not all, battles in a given log file. This means I have to select the battle, click Sherlock, wait, select the next battle, click Sherlock, wait, etc. (Related bug: if I select another battle while Sherlock is running, once the analysis is completed the results are not displayed either in the battle list or in the battle details screen; I must click on a different logfile in the left pane, then click back to the first logfile, for the analysis results to appear.)

Regarding items 3 and 4, I accidentally clicked the Sherlock icon in the battle list when I had all the log files selected, so it began running on thousands of battles, and the only way I could stop it was to terminate the process in Task Manager. 

As for item 5, see this example where the battle list was filtered to show Ranked battles only, of which there were 13. But clicking the Sherlock button in the battle list began Sherlocking all battles, including the 1033 battles which were filtered out.

Some other suggestions.

• Implement multiple sorting levels, preferably using the common method of shift-clicking on column headers (normal click on the primary sorting term column header, then shift-clicking another header sets it as the secondary term, further shift-clicks to set tertiary sorting term, etc.) With this capability, useful and interesting comparisons and analyses could be made at a glance, without having to export the data to a spreadsheet. A user could, for example, sort by kills first, then by ship class, then damage dealt.
  • Add ability to manually enter some data for those fields which are no longer included in the replay files (torpedoes fired, main battery fired, etc.)
    • Perhaps add a user-customizable field (or a few of them) which can be used to store text ("great game", "1v4", or whatever)

Also, another bug report. Selecting a different logfile while Sherlock is in progress causes strange effects and crashes.

Thanks and cheers :)

Modder
173 posts
32 battles
11 hours ago, Theurge said:

Hi Maxim,

I'm impressed with how far mxStat has come, and I'm grateful that you're still actively developing it. Ah, and speaking of development, I have some suggestions for the Sherlock function! 

1. Add data field and filter option for battles which have been Sherlocked (similar to the Screenshots Linked field)
  2. Add ability to queue Sherlocks for multiple specific battles (e.g. by selecting each battle with ctrl-click, or selecting a range with shift-click, etc.)
  3. Implement a warning if the user tries to Sherlock a large amount of battles at once
  4. Add ability to cancel a running Sherlock queue
  5. If the battle list has a filter applied, Sherlock should only run on the displayed battles

Regarding item 2, sometimes I want to run Sherlock on some, but not all, battles in a given log file. This means I have to select the battle, click Sherlock, wait, select the next battle, click Sherlock, wait, etc. (Related bug: if I select another battle while Sherlock is running, once the analysis is completed the results are not displayed either in the battle list or in the battle details screen; I must click on a different logfile in the left pane, then click back to the first logfile, for the analysis results to appear.)

Regarding items 3 and 4, I accidentally clicked the Sherlock icon in the battle list when I had all the log files selected, so it began running on thousands of battles, and the only way I could stop it was to terminate the process in Task Manager. 

As for item 5, see this example where the battle list was filtered to show Ranked battles only, of which there were 13. But clicking the Sherlock button in the battle list began Sherlocking all battles, including the 1033 battles which were filtered out.

Some other suggestions.

• Implement multiple sorting levels, preferably using the common method of shift-clicking on column headers (normal click on the primary sorting term column header, then shift-clicking another header sets it as the secondary term, further shift-clicks to set tertiary sorting term, etc.) With this capability, useful and interesting comparisons and analyses could be made at a glance, without having to export the data to a spreadsheet. A user could, for example, sort by kills first, then by ship class, then damage dealt.
  • Add ability to manually enter some data for those fields which are no longer included in the replay files (torpedoes fired, main battery fired, etc.)
    • Perhaps add a user-customizable field (or a few of them) which can be used to store text ("great game", "1v4", or whatever)

Also, another bug report. Selecting a different logfile while Sherlock is in progress causes strange effects and crashes.

Thanks and cheers :)

Wow! Just Wow)) 

Thak you very much for such a greate feedback!!!

I'll do my best to implement most of your wishes by one way or another))

Thanks again

Regards, Maxim

[-V-]
Members
803 posts
3,640 battles

Main Battery Fired, Not showing. No data. Main Battery Hits do show.

(Sorry if this question was asked)

Also No Secondary Data.

Some results show "Sherlok Needed" no idea what this is asking for.