You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
mxstat99

[TOOL] A program to collect and analyze personal farm of exp and credits

414 comments in this topic

Developers
527 posts
24 battles
On 2/20/2021 at 8:41 AM, lazibayer said:

I am running the latest version (0.9.148) but still got the error when analyzing replays.

The author of the modification is working on fixing the error. He will report as soon as the problem is fixed.

[DRFTR]
Beta Testers
4,315 posts

i am unable to run install or even uninstall mxstats any more... I get an error stating something about 5.2.1 is not a valid folder name or some such when trying to update as well.  Great tool when it worked.

[KMS]
Beta Testers
350 posts
18,248 battles
On 10/23/2019 at 6:43 PM, AdmiralSlam said:

The mxstat installer executable is being reported as containing virus malware for the last month or two after scan by the Windows 10 Defender.  This has been happening for many versions of the installer package, and the virus payload signature has changed a couple of times to different malware.  I don't think that this is a false positive report by the scanner.

It is a false positive based on the way MX works and it being an exc file ,nothing wrong with mxstat  defender always gives a false positive after an mx update, Usually norton does also, it is because the way mx works, imbeds into an existing program and established communication with mx server. Any heuristic AV probably will, cause they are not working from a bad guy list but looking a behavior

you have to tell defender to run anyway (first time)

[KMS]
Beta Testers
350 posts
18,248 battles
15 hours ago, SKurj said:

i am unable to run install or even uninstall mxstats any more... I get an error stating something about 5.2.1 is not a valid folder name or some such when trying to update as well.  Great tool when it worked.

check to see if your AV has deleted or quarantined the program.  fyi I use Cleaner to uninstall programs, works better for me than going into the windows settings.

I use Norton and sometimes i have to go into history to find things it is blocking and then unblock

[KMS]
Beta Testers
350 posts
18,248 battles
On 10/26/2020 at 3:45 PM, ChemputerScience said:

You delete the folder it is in. :) And any shortcuts that may have been added to your desktop.

if you use CCleaner it will show in the program list to uninstall

[KMS]
Members
71 posts
7,908 battles

PROGRAM STILL BROKEN--STILL LOCKS UP COMPUTER when you run analyze

have used this program a lot over the years,  bummer its been O/A

for example this week's naval battles are for ribbons,   you could set it to display  ribbons  and results for a few selected ships and know which ship you get more ribbons with., thus the one to play

Edited by BabySeals

[DRFTR]
Beta Testers
4,315 posts
On 2/25/2021 at 12:01 AM, OttoVonPrien said:

check to see if your AV has deleted or quarantined the program.  fyi I use Cleaner to uninstall programs, works better for me than going into the windows settings.

I use Norton and sometimes i have to go into history to find things it is blocking and then unblock

On 2/25/2021 at 12:03 AM, OttoVonPrien said:

if you use CCleaner it will show in the program list to uninstall

program worked fine once it was first installed, though i did have to fight with my AV to get it working.

then an update came along and the error appeared and i could not update the application or remove it... so i left it as is so I could at least use it.

now my version is too old and i still cannot update it, (and now it doesn't work properly as well) and yes I have tried CCleaner and it reports the same error and cannot remove the app

[DRFTR]
Beta Testers
4,315 posts
7 hours ago, BabySeals said:

PROGRAM STILL BROKEN--STILL LOCKS UP COMPUTER when you run analyze

have used this program a lot over the years,  bummer its been O/A

for example this week's naval battles are for ribbons,   you could set it to display  ribbons  and results for a few selected ships and know which ship you get more ribbons with., thus the one to play

in the past when my version did work... depending on how many replays were in the folder it could take a loong time to analyze

[KMS]
Beta Testers
350 posts
18,248 battles

THANKYOU THANKYOU THANKYOU

latest update fixed problem,  really helps when wanting real facts on which ship to use for mission et.

this program can give a more detailed breakdown than the  in game profile stats

[KMS]
Beta Testers
350 posts
18,248 battles
On 2/28/2021 at 9:00 AM, SKurj said:

in the past when my version did work... depending on how many replays were in the folder it could take a loong time to analyze

do you really  want to analyze   every battle?  I just  go back to last October when there were a some  game changes.

If you want "Lifetime ship stats" usually best to just go to ship details in your in port profile.

after some time goes by , i will probably just want games with the new commander skills, as that may effect ship performance greatly and  make old stats unreliable.

And any stats before the BIG CV Change are probably worthless.

I see, like me in since beta, How far back does your log file go,?  Last fresh install?    I removed the oldest battle logs from the folder as no longer relevant.

a lot of the time i am just looking at the last few days, and that does not take long to analyze

[DRFTR]
Beta Testers
4,315 posts
43 minutes ago, OttoVonPrien said:

do you really  want to analyze   every battle?  I just  go back to last October when there were a some  game changes.

If you want "Lifetime ship stats" usually best to just go to ship details in your in port profile.

after some time goes by , i will probably just want games with the new commander skills, as that may effect ship performance greatly and  make old stats unreliable.

And any stats before the BIG CV Change are probably worthless.

I see, like me in since beta, How far back does your log file go,?  Last fresh install?    I removed the oldest battle logs from the folder as no longer relevant.

a lot of the time i am just looking at the last few days, and that does not take long to analyze

i managed to get the latest working today, and i rarely bother but my machine can analyze a lot of replays pretty quick now it seemed to take a looong time when i last used it (but its a new pc now too)

[KMS]
Beta Testers
350 posts
18,248 battles

have been using this program for years, It WAS worth fighting Norton etc to tell it is ok.

But THE PROGRAM IS GIVING FALSE BASE XP & DAMAGE  recently

I just had a battle with Jap tr5 DD got 400 base xp (600) premium & 89691 DAMAGE

but mx stats said only 267base xp and 83370 damage !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have the screen shots to prove it

noticed this a few days ago, now i am going to have to look at every battle

that's unacceptable !! 

I realy loved- relied on this program to give me the information I needed in deciding what ships to play for what missions

but now the only values that look ok are ribbons and torp hit

SORRY FOR THE DUPLACATES it would not let me remove them

image.thumb.png.cb32edf2b5301a55284fda177a570064.pngimage.thumb.png.692e382ce3d3abd84a9150fe5562162c.pngimage.thumb.png.f492a9d13e24bcfd27d26619933bc637.pngimage.thumb.png.a52533327aaabdcb2cb1fccc7e3c548a.pngimage.thumb.png.a1b46b69eabec41272b0735df09bd34d.pngimage.thumb.png.692e382ce3d3abd84a9150fe5562162c.png

shot-21.07.17_15.06.58-0553.jpg

shot-21.07.17_15.07.09-0641.jpg

shot-21.07.17_15.08.15-0909.jpg

image.png

[KMS]
Beta Testers
350 posts
18,248 battles

sorry about all the duplicate screenshots tried to delete them

anyway found out what the program is doing

it is reporting raw xp  before the win/loss modifiers figure base xp

this raw xp is worthless info as you would have   to use a calculator after checking to see if you won or lost and if lost checking knowing if you were no1 on your team to get raw xp earned for each game and you would have to take a  screen shot of your end of battle page to have that info

this flaw makes the program almost worthless as the most important and usable data is base xp

I don't know how long this wrong data has been going on,

Ive used this program for 5+ years and It used to report the correct base xp

guess i can check so old screen shots against the program

am also going to uninstall the      few mods i run to see if a conflict but not very likely as none of my modes have anything to do with data.

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

[KMS]
Beta Testers
350 posts
18,248 battles

removed all mods, ran wg check, it removed all old, obsolete and 3rd party files from wow folder

reinstalled MX stat, played some games, same thing

it is reporting raw xp as base xp, which it is not , and is almost totally worthless because it is only just part of how wg figures base xp earned

base xp is raw xp plus or minus 50% for a game win or loss (unless you were #1 on a Loosing team in which case you get the unmodified raw xp)

don't confuse this with premium xp or total xp after all game modifiers are applied (two completely differently thing)

base xp is what wg reports on the team results page at the end of the battle not what mx is calling base xp

in other words mx needs to add the math to its programing to get the real base xp.

Until they do that this program is NOW  almost worthless as base xp is the most important stat

PS ran it with some old logs, 1 in 5 had corrupt data, ie reporting the same damage and xp for all the battles in the log file

the beauty of this program was that you could filter the last x years of battles for a single ship and player account and even see who were on those teams and their stats--to bad i liked and used this program a lot till it got broken