Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
digitaljustice

Premiums being removed

26 comments in this topic

[FADES]
Members
140 posts
3,620 battles

Hi,

Sorry if this has been covered (searched the forums and did not see a post), but is there a list of the Premium ships that are being removed with the patch tomorrow?  I know this shows which ones will be available, but I am at work and cannot login to compare, I think the Texas, Guilio Ceasar (not Roma) & Dunkerque are at least three of them. Thanks.

With the Update 0.7.1 only the following ships are available for in-game purchase with Doubloons:

Alabama, Tirpitz, Perth, Kii, Duca d'Aosta, Lo Yang, Leningrad, Atago, De Grasse, Hood, Yubari, Sims, Molotov, Graf Spee, Błyskawica.

Edited by digitaljustice
  • Cool 2

Members
1,334 posts
1,343 battles

No, they are being from the In-game tech tree. I'm pretty sure you can still buy it from the prem shop.

[FADES]
Members
140 posts
3,620 battles

I don't think so, you cannot buy the Texas or Guilio Caesar from the Premium Shop now, only in-game with doubloons, but it looks like at least those 3 are being "retired" from the game (with occasional sales, etc...).

Edited by digitaljustice

[HINON]
Supertester
18,901 posts
12,421 battles

The patch notes say:

With the Update 0.7.1 only the following ships are available for in-game purchase with Doubloons:

Alabama, Tirpitz, Perth, Kii, Duca d'Aosta, Lo Yang, Leningrad, Atago, De Grasse, Hood, Yubari, Sims, Molotov, Graf Spee, Błyskawica.

Logic would suggest that any ship that isn't one of those won't be available in the tech tree anymore.

This doesn't mean they are 'removed' or 'retired', just cycled out of sale in the tech tree. They will probably get cycled in again at some time, and might be sold in the webstore at any point.

• Cool 1

[FADES]
Members
140 posts
3,620 battles

Thanks Lert, I was wondering if there was a "List" of those Premiums being removed from the game tomorrow as I cannot login today at work to compare (more than the three that I mentioned)?

I wish they could have said "These ships will no longer be available in tech tree" but they don't want to promote which ships are going away, I understand marketing reasons.

Members
630 posts
703 battles
1 hour ago, digitaljustice said:

Hi,

Sorry if this has been covered (searched the forums and did not see a post), but is there a list of the Premium ships that are being removed with the patch tomorrow?  I know this shows which ones will be available, but I am at work and cannot login to compare, I think the Texas, Guilio Ceasar (not Roma) & Dunkerque are at least three of them. Thanks.

In all honesty the Giulio Cesare will prob never be for sale again as it is greatly outperforming every other tier 5 BB.

[SAA]
Members
11 posts
3,908 battles

am hoping they dont remove missouri yet just started playing a month ago again. only half way to it

[WOLFB]
Members
613 posts
21,730 battles

Ships come and go, and many come back again! That's just the way it is!! 

[NBGC]
Members
3,041 posts
10,248 battles
5 minutes ago, digitaljustice said:

Thanks Lert, I was wondering if there was a "List" of those Premiums being removed from the game tomorrow as I cannot login today at work to compare (more than the three that I mentioned)?

I wish they could have said "These ships will no longer be available in tech tree" but they don't want to promote which ships are going away, I understand marketing reasons.

Well, there's this:

[SAA]
Members
11 posts
3,908 battles
2 minutes ago, RealNewDeal said:

In all honesty the Giulio Cesare will prob never be for sale again as it is greatly outperforming every other tier 5 BB.

you really think its going way of the type 59

Members
630 posts
703 battles
Just now, randy71 said:

Check the NA stats page, and ask someone who owns i. As an owner that thing is so easy to do well in, in fact my best game of 158k is in the Giulio, it is a BB with no real faults and good at almost everything.

[NBGC]
Members
3,041 posts
10,248 battles
1 minute ago, randy71 said:

Honestly?

I think that if the Caesar Salad were going the way of the Type 59, they would have done it (and made the announcement) already.

[HINON]
WoWS Wiki Editor, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
6,498 posts
3,751 battles

I believe the previous patch notes (7.0) had a list.

Members
630 posts
703 battles
2 minutes ago, Goodwood_Alpha said:

Honestly?

I think that if the Caesar Salad were going the way of the Type 59, they would have done it (and made the announcement) already.

Yea, but they may decide in the future. Everyone knows it is the best tier 5 BB by a large margin, and uptiers very well.

[FADES]
Members
140 posts
3,620 battles
3 minutes ago, Doomlock said:

I believe the previous patch notes (7.0) had a list.

Just checked, it has the same thing:

Developers, Supertesters and other special contributors can test US tier VI destroyer Monaghan, British tier VII destroyer Cossack, and Japanese tier VIII destroyer Asashio

With the next Update 0.7.1 only the following ships are available for in-game purchase with Doubloons:

Alabama, Tirpitz, Perth, Kii, Duca d'Aosta, Lo Yang, Leningrad, Atago, De Grasse, Hood, Yubari, Sims, Molotov, Graf Spee, Błyskawica.

You can also find these ships in the Premium Shop.

The ships remaining on regular sale are the most popular and "comfortable" to play, while other ships are to be periodically available for purchase.

I will try and login on my lunch break and make a list and post them here, in case anyone wants to pick up one of the ones that are being "Removed from the Tech Tree for In-Game purchase" whether it is temporary or permanent.

Edited by digitaljustice

[NBGC]
Members
3,041 posts
10,248 battles
Just now, RealNewDeal said:

Yea, but they may decide in the future. Everyone knows it is the best tier 5 BB by a large margin, and uptiers very well.

That had occurred to me, but the thing is, they have probably learned their lesson already from the Konig Albert (now a Rare Pepe herself). GC isn't nearly as forgiving as the KA; if you don't angle properly you can get blatted by any other battleship and some cruisers. She is a very strong Tier V ship, but she isn't without her weaknesses, and at the tiers she can face, she can be made irrelevant to a degree the KA never could. It is also a lot easier to potato out right into the enemy in the GC due to her superior speed, and she can get nuked pretty quick by focus-firing her down.

So no, I don't see GC getting the big hook any time soon.

Members
630 posts
703 battles
1 minute ago, Goodwood_Alpha said:

That had occurred to me, but the thing is, they have probably learned their lesson already from the Konig Albert (now a Rare Pepe herself). GC isn't nearly as forgiving as the KA; if you don't angle properly you can get blatted by any other battleship and some cruisers. She is a very strong Tier V ship, but she isn't without her weaknesses, and at the tiers she can face, she can be made irrelevant to a degree the KA never could. It is also a lot easier to potato out right into the enemy in the GC due to her superior speed, and she can get nuked pretty quick by focus-firing her down.

So no, I don't see GC getting the big hook any time soon.

My guess is WG will just wait a while and keep handing her out before removing her from the store, the KA was on the store for ages.

[SAA]
Members
11 posts
3,908 battles
2 minutes ago, TugboatCommander said:

The Texas should still be available as part of the Refer-A-Friend Program.

so we sure texas is going away from sales in both places?

[NBGC]
Members
3,041 posts
10,248 battles
Just now, RealNewDeal said:

My guess is WG will just wait a while and keep handing her out before removing her from the store, the KA was on the store for ages.

I think she's an excellent "bait" ship, now you mention it. Guess WG are a bunch of trolls, after all... :Smile_trollface:

Members
630 posts
703 battles
5 minutes ago, randy71 said:

so we sure texas is going away from sales in both places?

Yea, you'll only be able to use the whole Refer-a-friend system for the old dreadnought.

[BTH]
Beta Testers
198 posts
4,661 battles

I don't play CV at all, but in case i pick up the gameplay is the Kaga or Saipan worth picking up, due to op-ness?

I swore I would never get either, due to the poor quality of cvs nowadays, but I also like owning rare ships.

[O_O]
Members
4,333 posts
9,274 battles
19 hours ago, Goodwood_Alpha said:

Honestly?

Konig Albert and Kutuzov were available for a long time before WG decided to permanently retire them.

Sign in to follow this