You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
mikebiang

AA Comparison?

11 comments in this topic

Members
17 posts
2,260 battles

I'm wondering if anyone knows of any resources comparing the AA characteristics of ships at the same tier?    Like overall rating, range, etc.    This would be a handy learning tool for CV captains.

[WOLF2]
Members
2,992 posts
5,204 battles

Wows wiki has a lot of good information. Of course, AA range is going to be fairly instinctual, because there's nothing telling you how far a squadron is from a ship.

Beta Testers
1,015 posts
13,589 battles
13 minutes ago, cometguy said:

Wows wiki has a lot of good information. Of course, AA range is going to be fairly instinctual, because there's nothing telling you how far a squadron is from a ship.

I must not be understanding what you are saying.

distance.JPG

[WOLF2]
Members
2,992 posts
5,204 battles
Just now, SgtSpud said:

distance.JPG

You know that torpedo squadron is 12.4 km from you, but the CV captain doesn't know that it's 12.4 km from you. So even if the CV captain knew the max range of your AA, sitting just outside that would be guess work.

[7RET]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
114 posts
6,287 battles
3 minutes ago, SgtSpud said:

distance.JPG

As a CV captain, not from your ship

[PSP]
Members
6,047 posts
8,585 battles

AA potential varies considerably from a stock ship's abilities through one fully decked out with all the AA modules, signal flags and commander skills. I have my NC nearly fully decked out, except for directional AA fire. It has an AA rating of 100 and almost nothing to fear from planes.  In a game his morning a tier X CV, for some reason, decided to attack me, I guess because I was the tier VIII BB among tier Xs. That was a big mistake on his part as I downed every single one of his planes and then sank his ship too.

You can get a general idea of comparative AA rating of stock ships by selecting them in the tech tree and looking at their AA rating. Or, you can look below:

Edited by Snargfargle
  • Cool 3

Alpha Tester
334 posts
10,644 battles

Truth is it really doesnt matter all have the same range and effectiveness and another truth AA is op thxs to all the whiners who hate CV's its that simple! 

[WOLFD]
[WOLFD]
Beta Testers
4,951 posts
1,487 battles

ALso check the link in my sig, i'm still working out how to do a "how to use" video for the next version of the sheet.

Members
956 posts
11,178 battles
2 hours ago, Stieger said:

Truth is it really doesnt matter all have the same range and effectiveness and another truth AA is op thxs to all the whiners who hate CV's its that simple! 

As full AA spec Des Moines gets dev struck through def fire by midways now.  Yeah ok.