Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
NoZoupForYou

France T10 BB Preview and Discussion - It’s fun as Ship

14 comments in this topic

[WG-CC]
WoWS Community Contributors
1,426 posts
4,715 battles

Here’s my preview and take on France.  She’s surprisingly fun and can be adapted to any play style but is not without faults.  Highlights in this Preview are from a round where I did 220k DMG in her using a typhoon to overtake enemies.  

• Cool 4

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
4,112 posts
8,676 battles

Thanks Zoup, I hoping I will like the MN BBs like I do the Cruisers :Smile_medal::Smile_honoring:

[-Y-]
Alpha Tester
4,461 posts
6,644 battles

Interesting to watch, thankyou.

Looks versatile, and with her ability vs cruisers, will make her a contender for Clan Battles (vis Montana), maybe?

[WG-CC]
1,426 posts
4,715 battles
13 minutes ago, nuttybiscuit said:

Interesting to watch, thankyou.

Looks versatile, and with her ability vs cruisers, will make her a contender for Clan Battles (vis Montana), maybe?

That I can not answer. I do t know how willing players will be to ditch Yammies brute strength and hit pool or Monty’s guns barrage.

[WG-CC]
1,426 posts
4,715 battles
1 hour ago, Chaos_EN2 said:

Thanks Zoup, I hoping I will like the MN BBs like I do the Cruisers :Smile_medal::Smile_honoring:

They are kind of similar.  I’m sure you will

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
4,112 posts
8,676 battles
Just now, NoZoupForYou said:

They are kind of similar.  I’m sure you will

Good to hear, it must be Great, Great Grandma's genetics coming out of me, I really enjoy the MN ships.

[TOG]
Members
2,346 posts
14,587 battles

I was looking at IChase's video on data mining the Alsace and the issue seems to be the dispersion, with the high velocity/high shell mass. Especially the horizontal dispersion. The low number of rifles aggravate the problem. It's not an issue with the Alsace (12 rifles) vs France (8). Looking at your video though, a secondary build might work. 10 km reach is useful. Maybe not Bismark level, but good enough. 

The majority of CC's opinion is that the Alsace is the pinnacle, not the France. Kinda similar to the Donskoi for Russian CA's. 

T8-T10 BB's role would be that of flankers. Push a flank. then turn around and kite if you encounter heavy resistance. Think of pulling a firing pass, kite, then break off or reengage. 

[WG-CC]
1,426 posts
4,715 battles
24 minutes ago, Bill_Halsey said:

I was looking at IChase's video on data mining the Alsace and the issue seems to be the dispersion, with the high velocity/high shell mass. Especially the horizontal dispersion. The low number of rifles aggravate the problem. It's not an issue with the Alsace (12 rifles) vs France (8). Looking at your video though, a secondary build might work. 10 km reach is useful. Maybe not Bismark level, but good enough. 

The majority of CC's opinion is that the Alsace is the pinnacle, not the France. Kinda similar to the Donskoi for Russian CA's. 

T8-T10 BB's role would be that of flankers. Push a flank. then turn around and kite if you encounter heavy resistance. Think of pulling a firing pass, kite, then break off or reengage. 

I don’t disagree with the Alsace France analysis.  I think overall Alsace offers more...

[YAN]
Members
1,636 posts
7,464 battles
1 minute ago, NoZoupForYou said:

I think overall Alsace offers more...

About 4 more :p

[WG-CC]
1,426 posts
4,715 battles
5 minutes ago, Akeno017 said:

About 4 more :p

Lol.  Touché.

[WG-CC]
1,426 posts
4,715 battles
6 hours ago, Chaos_EN2 said:

Yeah...  I think you will!

[ARS]
Beta Testers
2,142 posts
1,641 battles

Conqueror is a pure paper ship.  She was never laid down in any form.  She is supposedly based on a 1920s paper design then modernized to the end of WWII, but the 419mm guns are, so far as I know, complete fantasy.  The 1920s design had the eight 457mms.

Lion was laid down.

Alpha Tester
3,326 posts
3,762 battles

Alsace offers more guns, but I think she will suffer from the realities of being a 15" gunned ship at tier IX. Fighting up or even tiers there are a lot of ships that can laugh of 15" AP shells. France has wth levels of pen on her guns(better than Yamato), so there shouldn't be any armor concerns basically ever for her.

[_ARP_]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
3,737 posts
3,186 battles
18 hours ago, NoZoupForYou said:

Here’s my preview and take on France.  She’s surprisingly fun and can be adapted to any play style but is not without faults.  Highlights in this Preview are from a round where I did 220k DMG in her using a typhoon to overtake enemies.  

I'm considering a full 100% Secondaries Build for her. My Captain will look something like this: 

Tier 1: Priority Target

Tier 2: Adrenaline Rush and Expert Marksman 

Tier 3: Basic Firing Training and Superintendent (Will do Super First.) 

Tier 4: Advanced Firing Training and Manual Fire Secondary Control. 

Apparently those Secondaries can reach out and touch people at 13km. With the accuracy of MFSC, I can pretty much expect those triple 150s to hit hard, really hard. 

~Hunter

Sign in to follow this