Jump to content
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Thunder_GP

IMPORTANT CLAN WARS NOTICE

24 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

31
[HATE]
[HATE]
Members
87 posts
9,768 battles

IMPORTANT CLAN WARS NOTICE

Noted in update 7.1

  • After leaving a Clan, the player can join another Clan only in three days’ time

Both being a change from easy clan switching for rank missions, and to prevent smerfing clans from throwing point gain values. Both  a "Thank you" wargaming for listening to us about a certain clan's practices and for notifying the smaller clans who may need to plan rosters ahead of time. This post is just to spread the information.

 

This is may lead to issues but I'm giving some players a heads up who may not hear this. Good luck captains in a Clan Battles. See you at the battlefield.

Edited by Thunder_GP
  • Cool 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37
[NGA-A]
[NGA-A]
Supertester
179 posts
5,133 battles

Much needed in my opinion! Thank you wargaming, and you @Thunder_GP for bringing this to the attention of people like myself who kind of just looked over all the small text lol.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Moderator
1,266 posts
13 battles

Glad to hear the positive feedback about the change. Thanks for sharing!

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Testers
284 posts
4,295 battles

Yes, the three day cooling off period before a player can switch clans is confirmed, We are monitoring this issue going forward and will pass any feedback on to the appropriate team. Good luck and fair seas!

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,824
[ARRGG]
[ARRGG]
Members
5,770 posts

Is there a plan in effect to stop a Typhoon ranked Clan from moving players to lower Clan Affiliates? After all the new season will be 2 months long and more than enough time to Clan Hop.

Maybe once a Clan/ member reaches a certain Lvl if a member leaves said clan his prizes are  removed and must be earned again {Leningrad Flag and Ship reward}

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[LHG]
Members
1,620 posts
4,887 battles

Well hopefully everything will all be worked out by the time that Prime Time extends out to our regular online time.  Until then, just keep tweaking the system so that it's all but perfect when we're able to participate :Smile_playing:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,627
[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
6,745 posts
11,361 battles

Glad they are making an attempt to fix an issue, but I am not sure three days is long enough to prevent people from switching around.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
67
[SMI-1]
[SMI-1]
Members
272 posts
8,398 battles

This is better news than I thought we would get, last time seems like they were transferring around every 3 - 6 hours, three days might make them think about it more. But more than likely they will find a way around like they always do.

 

Thanks,

Sere_Pj

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
346 posts
8,798 battles

 

4 hours ago, Super_Splash_Bro said:

Yes, the three day cooling off period before a player can switch clans is confirmed, We are monitoring this issue going forward and will pass any feedback on to the appropriate team. Good luck and fair seas!

Does the three day period also apply to invites were a player left clan A and got invited to join clan B?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
313
[SF-E]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
1,166 posts
13,758 battles

Problem is, last season... multi-tag clans had a need for floaters who could switch to the other tag when they don't have enough people to make a match. Kind of a big reason why WoWP and WoT have 100 man rosters. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
139
[SIM]
Members
1,340 posts

Very nice to see this change, Will see how things go when clan battles actually begin. 

:Smile_great:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
432
[-GPS-]
Members
2,525 posts
24,682 battles
10 hours ago, Sere_Pj said:

This is better news than I thought we would get, last time seems like they were transferring around every 3 - 6 hours, three days might make them think about it more. But more than likely they will find a way around like they always do.

 

Thanks,

Sere_Pj

Three days is long enough IFF WG is counting 72 hours. That would mean one day missed entirely in clan wars. 

I have heard a rumor that it was possible to manipulate the clan leader’s PC date setting 1 day forward in order to make an immediate clan switch. If that was true, then WG either needs to make it 4 days or they need to fix it so that this alleged bug is removed. Otherwise, a clan can avoid losing that key player for even one night of clan battles. 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
67
[SMI-1]
[SMI-1]
Members
272 posts
8,398 battles

You would be correct  I also heard that rumor about clans doing it in the last CB's, but with no proof to WG, nothing will be done, as this time, just look at the transfers going on with [OPG] for the last two days and Salty and o7 clans, they will skirt the rules again and get away with it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
67
[SMI-1]
[SMI-1]
Members
272 posts
8,398 battles

And now after the update we have ships with no control again with WASD keys, just running on there own in Random like the test server from two weeks ago, come on War Gaming fix something correctly for a change.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
187
[DAKI]
[DAKI]
Supertester, In AlfaTesters
662 posts
4,006 battles
8 hours ago, Sere_Pj said:

You would be correct I also heard that rumor about clans doing it in the last CB's, but with no proof to WG, nothing will be done, as this time, just look at the transfers going on with [OPG] for the last two days and Salty and o7 clans, they will skirt the rules again and get away with it.

What is wrong with them transferring their players around ready for Clan Wars?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Supertester
2,589 posts
8,303 battles
1 hour ago, Kaga_Kai_Ni said:

What is wrong with them transferring their players around ready for Clan Wars?

Certain unnamed Clans got their rating up really high, and then transferred all their A list players to a smurf clan for the express purpose of tanking other Clans ratings. If Top Clan A and Top Clan B faced off in their main Clans with 400 PTS clan rating each, and Top Clan B lost, they only lose a few points.

 

But if Top Clan A makes Scrub Clan A, and moves Top Clan A's main roster in Scrub Clan A, and then they got matched up against Top Clan B, if Scrub Clan A loses, they don't lose any points on their main clan. However, if Top Clan B loses to Scrub Clan A because they're actually playing against Top Clan A's roster, Top Clan B loses 40+ points. 

That was the problem.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
386
[SAA]
Members
820 posts
26,872 battles

Rosters should be set and locked at the start of the season, when a player gets to the top he is out, no switching to another clan, no transfers.  Lets see who can hang and who cant, not just on there skill but on there determination and team work. 

If your team implodes, your done.

If your team cant field enough players, your done.

If players leave your team, you and they are done.

I was on a good team this past season, we had great leadership and skilled players, but even we had internal issues.  There was a little bit of yelling and a few players rubbed the wrong way, but we got threw it and stuck together.  We weren't the awesome unicome team, but we did our best against teams that were, and had to face the same players in different tags on our way up the ladder.  We didn't [edited], we just queued up again and did our best, that is what a team dose.

Clan Battles should focus on team work, and your clans abilities to face other clans with the best skills you have, not with the best tricks up your sleeve.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
187
[DAKI]
[DAKI]
Supertester, In AlfaTesters
662 posts
4,006 battles
1 hour ago, Show_Me_Your_Cits said:

Certain unnamed Clans got their rating up really high, and then transferred all their A list players to a smurf clan for the express purpose of tanking other Clans ratings. If Top Clan A and Top Clan B faced off in their main Clans with 400 PTS clan rating each, and Top Clan B lost, they only lose a few points.

 

But if Top Clan A makes Scrub Clan A, and moves Top Clan A's main roster in Scrub Clan A, and then they got matched up against Top Clan B, if Scrub Clan A loses, they don't lose any points on their main clan. However, if Top Clan B loses to Scrub Clan A because they're actually playing against Top Clan A's roster, Top Clan B loses 40+ points. 

That was the problem.

I'm very very aware. However my point is, what's wrong with transferring players before the season starts?
I also know O7 will not be abusing sad system... Just one person doesn't particularly like them because he was proven wrong by them after accusing them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Supertester
2,589 posts
8,303 battles
5 minutes ago, Kaga_Kai_Ni said:

I'm very very aware. However my point is, what's wrong with transferring players before the season starts?
I also know O7 will not be abusing sad system... Just one person doesn't particularly like them because he was proven wrong by them after accusing them.

I think they had to change the base code with the actual patch, rather than have two patch downtimes in a week they just said "Screw it, put it in the main patch."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
187
[DAKI]
[DAKI]
Supertester, In AlfaTesters
662 posts
4,006 battles
15 minutes ago, Show_Me_Your_Cits said:

I think they had to change the base code with the actual patch, rather than have two patch downtimes in a week they just said "Screw it, put it in the main patch."

Oh no I get that. Trust me. 

I was referring to this

 

3 hours ago, Sere_Pj said:

just look at the transfers going on with [OPG] for the last two days and Salty and o7 clans, they will skirt the rules again and get away with it.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
72
[PLPTS]
Members
757 posts
12,937 battles

An alternative would be like some sports: you get x substitutions up until the trade deadline, then you're finished. That would allow some fine tuning of multiple teams, but not allow massive re-rigging them to hack the final standings.

and it would allow early changes for "personality" issues that sometimes happen.

Edited by Jenska
added new info

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
187
[DAKI]
[DAKI]
Supertester, In AlfaTesters
662 posts
4,006 battles
45 minutes ago, Jenska said:

An alternative would be like some sports: you get x substitutions up until the trade deadline, then you're finished. That would allow some fine tuning of multiple teams, but not allow massive re-rigging them to hack the final standings.

and it would allow early changes for "personality" issues that sometimes happen.

Yeah.. There are times where players simply don't fit into a team for their attitude, so you're not wrong.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×