You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.

22 comments in this topic

[5BS]
Members
4,493 posts

I believe Mouse has already done a review on it...

EDIT

Yep, here:

Edited by _RC1138
  • Cool 2

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
4,112 posts
8,676 battles

I know I am really, really, really bad with DDs. I am so bad I bet I could have the best DD player try to train me, and the they would scream and quit the game.

That is how bad I am with DDs:cap_haloween:

[ODIN]
[ODIN]
Members
456 posts
13,185 battles

The First reviews of Aigle came out in November with T-61, Abruzzi, and Ashitaka. She recently reviewed again, about two weeks ago, but I am surprised she'll be free. I'll take it though.

[KP]
Members
1,995 posts
18,419 battles
9 minutes ago, Spooooooooooooooooooooon said:

I see there is a new earnable premium coming, a DD called the Aigle.  What do we know about her?

27629216_10157145112015968_2587096844798646667_o.jpg

Go to YouTube use the search function type in French DD Aigle, then watch the multiple videos Aigle has a different game play style than most DD's.

[SPTR]
Members
25,646 posts
10,824 battles

Aigle is a US Russian DD hybrid like ship.

its even better to know that I don't need to spend money to get the ship, through time is still needed to be spent on getting her. /;^_\\

• Cool 1

[-K-]
Members
5,075 posts
8,947 battles

Where does it say that its earnable?

• Cool 1

[EREKT]
Members
759 posts
5,764 battles

Sweet, now I have something to grind with my frosty firs and juliet charlie's now that I have the Miss, Musashi and 150k away from the Nelson. I hope the first win bonus this coming weekend is 200% lol... I'll have the Nelson in one night.

Members
136 posts
8,917 battles

36 minutes ago, HorrorRoach said:

Sweet, now I have something to grind with my frosty firs and juliet charlie's now that I have the Miss, Musashi and 150k away from the Nelson. I hope the first win bonus this coming weekend is 200% lol... I'll have the Nelson in one night.

Hey man. Found you on here. 

We don't know what the missions are yet, so we don't know if you'll need those flags. 

[ARGSY]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,109 posts
18,631 battles
41 minutes ago, Ace_04 said:

Where does it say that its earnable?

Dasha clip. A special mission for DD's that comes with tomorrows patch.

Members
457 posts
12,122 battles

Sounds like it will be earnable through missions, but it is also quite possible that it will be available to purchase during the French BB missions and make the completion of those missions simpler (based on past Warships events anyway). Just a guess, but I wouldn't be surprised if that's how it's set up.

[ARGSY]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,109 posts
18,631 battles
11 minutes ago, madmikey77 said:

Sounds like it will be earnable through missions, but it is also quite possible that it will be available to purchase during the French BB missions and make the completion of those missions simpler (based on past Warships events anyway). Just a guess, but I wouldn't be surprised if that's how it's set up.

nope. There will be a DD only mission to earn her. Watch the clip starting at 1:40

[EREKT]
Members
759 posts
5,764 battles
37 minutes ago, saintsfan1622000 said:

Hey man. Found you on here. 

We don't know what the missions are yet, so we don't know if you'll need those flags. 

Yo. Hopefully the time limit for the mission is a decent length, the old lady is going to give birth any day now. I'll still be able to play, especially if I take a week of paternity leave. Now that I think of it, i'll be able to grind all this stuff out faster then normal actually, lol.

Hey, I can change diapers between rounds. Just can't play too much, she'll get pissed.

[-K-]
Members
5,075 posts
8,947 battles
2 hours ago, Erebthoron said:

Dasha clip. A special mission for DD's that comes with tomorrows patch.

Oh ok.  I haven't watched the update clip yet.  Will give it a look at lunch.

[ARGSY]
Members
5,786 posts
3,942 battles

It seems to announce the fact of the mission without describing exactly what's involved. Evidently they want to keep us hanging in suspense until tomorrow!

I haven't been particularly interested in French ships so far, but hey... if it's premium, it's winnable and it comes with a captain, some points for him, and a port slot, why not try for it? :Smile_playing: And she's Tier VI too, so she's good for Science of Victory missions. My guess is they'll use her as a way to get more players into French ships; playing through or early-unlocking the battleships might feel more worth it if you've already snagged yourself a premium to train your captains up in (never mind that she's got a somewhat different ideal skill set; there will be plenty of people who can live with that compromise.)

[ARC]
Members
452 posts
6,979 battles
19 hours ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

It seems to announce the fact of the mission without describing exactly what's involved. Evidently they want to keep us hanging in suspense until tomorrow!

I haven't been particularly interested in French ships so far, but hey... if it's premium, it's winnable and it comes with a captain, some points for him, and a port slot, why not try for it? :Smile_playing: And she's Tier VI too, so she's good for Science of Victory missions. My guess is they'll use her as a way to get more players into French ships; playing through or early-unlocking the battleships might feel more worth it if you've already snagged yourself a premium to train your captains up in (never mind that she's got a somewhat different ideal skill set; there will be plenty of people who can live with that compromise.)

Normally they don't give a Premium of an upcoming line for free. The Aigle is probably like the Graf Spee, an odd Premium that they don't know how it will be the reactions to her playstyle. Graf Spee ended up being competitive, and I think this one will, too. Even Oktyabrskaya Revolutsiya ended up being a competitive Premium,  and that is a good thing. No one would want a Krasny Krym anyways.

[ARGSY]
Members
5,786 posts
3,942 battles
23 minutes ago, hanesco said:

The Aigle is probably like the Graf Spee, an odd Premium that they don't know how it will be the reactions to her playstyle.

I suspect a similar fate is in store for Cossack, then. IMHO they'll use the next few months for an attempt or two at rebalancing and then release her into the wild to take her chances. (I could easily be wrong, of course, but would be delighted to be proved right.)

[KP]
Members
1,995 posts
18,419 battles
23 hours ago, HorrorRoach said:

It's actually Mo as in Missouri not Miss as in Mississippi. It's kind of important seeing how US BB's are named after states to keep the abbreviations correct.

[ARC]
Members
452 posts
6,979 battles
21 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

I suspect a similar fate is in store for Cossack, then. IMHO they'll use the next few months for an attempt or two at rebalancing and then release her into the wild to take her chances. (I could easily be wrong, of course, but would be delighted to be proved right.)

I was thinking, if they wanted to give away a free Premium, it would have been Cossack. She has an identity crisis right now. She is definitely no torpboat, but her qualities as a gunboat are meh at best, the horrid arc of her Y turret ensures that. The buff she needs is in the gun arcs and a little more torp range, then she will be good to go. Her torps hit sufficiently hard and has a decent speed, the number of them is lacking but some can make her work, even more now that she is being designed as a scout a la Kidd.

[5BS]
Members
4,493 posts

I doubt the Cossack will be free. A Tribal? For free? Even one post-refit, sign me up.

[ARC]
Members
452 posts
6,979 battles
3 minutes ago, _RC1138 said:

I doubt the Cossack will be free. A Tribal? For free? Even one post-refit, sign me up.

Precisely. They knew it will be a great deal to give her for free. Is the first Tribal-class, a ship the British-lovers were waiting for since Closed Beta. Those 3x2 are a great deal, even if she has only one torp launcher.