You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Chobittsu

Olo, Hans Olo - (SOLO: A Star Wars Story)

7 comments in this topic

[SOUP]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
7,300 posts

I really enjoyed Rogue One as it felt more real than the numbered films and less about the family drama of the Skywalkers and their damned space magic.
It looks to me like lightning might just strike twice~

• Cool 1

[HINON]
Supertester
18,902 posts
12,435 battles

Look, Skywalker! Han is going Solo!

• Funny 1

Members
4,133 posts

The Star Wars appeal had almost been killed in my by the new films.  TLJ I actually didn't even see and so far, have no desire to see.  The new Solo movies so far haven't done much to get me into the theater either.

1,542 posts
26 battles

I actually like the look of this one, it might actually be pretty good. But can it erase the pain of past mistakes is the real question!

[SOUP]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
7,300 posts
19 minutes ago, WolfofWarship said:

I actually like the look of this one, it might actually be pretty good. But can it erase the pain of past mistakes is the real question!

Nothing can erase the prequels, but I feel this is the direction the Star Wars franchise should be going. They can't keep doing the numbered film series, people will get bored of it. But these "behind the scenes" tales like Rogue One and Solo are where the future is for Star Wars. When you have a galaxy of stories to tell, why waste the opportunity? Start out with films that tie into characters we know, then move to stories where the only real connection is the setting so you can invent new characters and stories, cause if everything is about Luke Skywalker, then it gets boring and you only have a minimal span of lifetime to the character to squeeze in an adventure (Otherwise you risk going full Indiana Jones)

• Cool 1

Members
4,133 posts

I'd love to see them do a movie about the Old Republic, going back to maybe an early Yoda as a padawan or something.  But the direction of the new movies is horrible to me.  Its like they slapped something together and called it a Star Wars movie while ignoring what made up the universe without explaining it very well.

One person said it correctly about the new films.  As stand alone, they are great.  As part of the Star Wars universe, they suck.

[REVY]
Members
6,010 posts
5,102 battles

I get the feeling it's going to go down like this: