Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
jebbook

Why does the game end so fast/soon?

10 comments in this topic

Members
44 posts
6,771 battles

Maybe this is the wrong location, maybe not.  I wish to learn something new.  With 4000+ battles done, I am really noticing (esp in co-op battles) games ending with bots still afloat, and caps still not taken and time left on the clock.  The defeat or victory page showing and team has completed the mission (theirs or ours).  I am not seeing the time ran out.  I am not seeing won on points (time is up or 1000 pts).  I am not seeing all enemy ships sunk or allied ships sunk.  Please clue me, but I thought the battle was over when ---- 1) all enemy ships were sunk, or 2) all caps were taken and reach 1000 pts, or 3) one side reached 1000 pts, or 4) highest point side wins when time ran out.  It appears that something else has been added that I am not aware of.  How else can I or my team or the bots or the enemy team reach victory without running out of time, reaching 1000 pts or getting all the caps?  It is getting my "sea going goat" having my T9 or T10 boat about to get an enemy boat or get a cap and oops, sorry, game over with those conditions remaining.  Them me going "wha????""huuughhh?"   It is leaving "money on the table", coin to collect, free XP to earn, etc.  So please help clue me in.  I think I have seen a peek where the losing team  goes from say 1xx pts to zero and then game over.    Or just under 100 pts to zero and game over.  Something is there, but I do not know what.  Thanks to those that actually help me out.  Enjoy your day and fair winds and calm seas

[SALVO]
Members
16,618 posts
17,291 battles

You're on the right track.  The battles are probably ending because the enemy team is hitting or going below 0 points.

[HINON]
Supertester
18,921 posts
12,454 battles

The game ends when:

• One team reaches 1000 points
  • One team reaches 0 points
  • One team loses all ships
  • Time runs out

Since you lose an amount of points when you lose a ship it's possible to reach 0 points while you still have ships afloat if your team doesn't earn enough points to off-set the amount of points lost from losing ships.

• Cool 2

Members
44 posts
6,771 battles

So I really need to learn more on this going to zero fast stuff.  Would it be listed in the regular game documents (in detail)?  And thanks for your help.

[PROJX]
Members
967 posts
15,468 battles
2 hours ago, jebbook said:

So I really need to learn more on this going to zero fast stuff.  Would it be listed in the regular game documents (in detail)?  And thanks for your help.

Hey jebbook - here's a link to the WOWS Wiki Scoring details for the point system.

What likely happened in your game:

• The losing team reached 0 points
  • It was early game so the point counter had not risen much from its 300 pt start
  • A number of one team's ships got killed (the killing team gets a +ship value score, the team that lost a ship got a -ship value score)
  • One team had none of the caps.

This scenario is one in which if the large high value ships get lost on one side early, the game can end with a number of enemy ships still remaining

Members
956 posts
11,153 battles

Lets all just agree on games should never end because of zeroing out.  

There is no reason to end the game that way.

Members
44 posts
6,771 battles

Thanks guys - read the web pages.  It really clued me in.  The faster you kill them and they don't cap - the game can end with ships still on the losing team.  In Ranked and clan it is even different due to point values.  Interesting how they  put this together.  Well, I learned something new today.  Again, thanks again.  Very, very, much.

Sign in to follow this