You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
NightChao

CV gameplay Change

26 comments in this topic

Members
8 posts
6,090 battles

(currently at t8 IJN and USN)(Not the most articulate so bear with me)(I am thinking of these new interactions like turn based games with attack options and viewing your match up of your units vs enemy units and selecting your options)

Playing CV"s as a beginner is not really fun due to the learning curve and how punishing it is to lose planes at lower tiers. Later at higher tiers and having gained experience the issue starts with who has the better match up in MM or higher skilled cpt or researched ship, etc.

So my suggestion to changing the game play of cv's could be defined as a complete overhaul.

Change the interaction of planes with warships by selecting attack options on warships instead of the current auto/manual drop we have that can result in a poor or 0 damage to full damage 1 shot hit.

For example some interactions/attack options for strike planes would be to have an aggressive attack on the warships that grantees the most damage towards the selected target, but at the cost of losing a significant amount of strike planes.

There could be a defensive attack where its an even trade of damage to target while losing half or so planes. A critical strike attack option where the attack is directed at damaging/disabling modules on a ship such as turrets, firecontrol of guns, rudder, engine, etc which is dependent on AP/HE, torp/deep torp, etc.

As for warships interacting with planes, i think they should still maintain the manual aim control of their AA but depending on the direction of attack of the plane (bombers) the warship could turn broadside to expose more of their AA guns and have a more effective DPS. The warships would obviously have weak spots where AA isn't as efficient and CV"s commander could exploit that. I think the need for AA def fire should be removed because ships should generally be together to support one another and cv's should be allowed to punish players that stray too far when they lack aa for self def.

The same interactions should be taken to fighter planes where they can support strike planes with attacks and provide (SLIGHT)  def boost or damage boost or surviability by taking some of the damage and evening out the losses. Again they could have different attack options where they can aggressively strafe AA on the warships or maybe even historically have IJN planes have kamikazi if there is one plane left on the squad.

As for fighter vs figther (and quick google search) it seems that we should give the option to the commander of dividing or creating large squadrons depending on the play style or situation on the battle. As for as the outcome of these dogfights could maybe based on who attacked first, size of squad , tier, etc. Outcomes could be also influenced by warplane historical statistics such as IJN burning up easily while USN having the more durable planes, but these could be offset depending on the attack option each commander has chosen etc.

Fighter vs Fighter attack options: the regular attack should be the same as above for strike planes where an equally moderate damage done to target while losing half or so planes. An aggressive attack on enemy target that can potentially result in high damage to target, but offset by RNG maybe? and have a chance to miss and get punished as a result. If fighters have divided in smaller squads we can maintain the current interaction of having one squad preoccupy enemy target and having another ally squad come in with a regular attack, offensive attack, or defensive attack on maintain enemy planes from main squad, but not dealing much damage.

Some issues that need to be addressed is how can balance cv's pushing their planes to caps to intercept dd's and being blow up immediately due to being singled out. The actions chosen for each squad need to be smooth and not clunky, but at the same time showing clearly the possible outcome of your choice. (Probably some other balances i cant think of)

(not very active on the forums but wanted to pitch in)

Some miscellaneous notes:

allow the ability for commanders to unite smaller squads such as strike planes so we dont have to waste planes or divide still healthy squads to allow for more versatility.

Show range indicator from selected squad to selected enemy target so savvy cv commanders can maintain their planes away from their AA range

Allow to cancel departures or landings of planes.. Sometimes you accidentally click the wrong squad and end up choosing a squad of fighters instead of bombers so you can kill that sneaky dd coming behind you

WoW CV change.jpg

[-I-]
Members
721 posts
8,145 battles
41 minutes ago, NightChao said:

Allow to cancel departures or landings of planes..

You can do this by right clicking on the squadron you want to cancel at the bottom of the screen.

[-I-]
Members
721 posts
8,145 battles

I'd recommend watching some carrier guides on the YouTubes.  I'm a CV noob and it's helped me.  Kicking myself for waiting until I had around 6k battles before even trying them.  Long after they took away the alt attacks at 4 and 5.  Just got to tier 6 and it's a totally different game.  Good luck!

Members
8 posts
6,090 battles

@Chuck_Wiggles im not a noob at cv's though ;( the most damage ive done on a CV was with Enterprise at 177k damage

I think Hiriyu is a very enjoyable CV for its tier

[4HIM]
Alpha Tester
103 posts
6,185 battles

I think it is bogus that there are no U.S. torpedo bombers above tier 8. I waste them most of the time with my Essex. I also think that the bonus plane skill should apply to TDB as well.

[M_L]
[M_L]
Beta Testers
321 posts
8,837 battles

@Boggins Use the HE bombers to soften up targets first. I stripped 20% of the AA off of a Iowa once in a single strike. Also have them poke DD off cap or out of smoke. 

Members
8 posts
6,090 battles
On 2/7/2018 at 3:22 AM, Boggins said:

I think it is bogus that there are no U.S. torpedo bombers above tier 8. I waste them most of the time with my Essex. I also think that the bonus plane skill should apply to TDB as well.

the reason why its excluded from the air superiority perk is due to the fact that TDB would have an overwhelming amount of damage and coverage. If you are torpedo striking a ship that has good AA, my only recomendation is to try and shoot your torps at longer range, but the US generally have slower torps than IJN so it only works mainly on BB's

[-TNT-]
Members
99 posts
10,174 battles

You guy's nerf the Enterprise Ap bomb's down so bad he bomb's and ap bomb do about same dam . You dont believe me test them for your self ,than after you see how messed up the dam is on AP bomb's no one will use them ....

Members
1,604 posts
3,573 battles
3 hours ago, War182 said:

You guy's nerf the Enterprise Ap bomb's down so bad he bomb's and ap bomb do about same dam . You dont believe me test them for your self ,than after you see how messed up the dam is on AP bomb's no one will use them ....

The AP bombs on the Enterprise are fine,  man. Just got to hit the right targets.  Against more lightly armored targets the HE is going to deal more damage and the AP bombs are just going to overpenetrate and do ten percent.  

[FTW]
Members
12 posts
12,432 battles

I would like to see the option for figthers to patrol a certain area, where i can set them to patrol one point or between waypoins and they attack planes coming witin a certain distance.

[SF-B]
Members
11 posts
5,874 battles

I myself have had it with all of the CV changes to US line and have stopped playing US and JAP CV's and sold both of my tier VIII's. I used to love playing CV's but no longer is it worth it to me especially when more often than not I am either in tier X matches thus going against tier X AA or playing the US CV to face other CV's with fighter wing superiority. I am just done with CV's because I don't see them getting any better and being that they were my most favorite part of the game, maybe even done with WOWs in general.

[FTW]
Members
12 posts
12,432 battles

I still like my Sho and played over 1100 games in Hiryu, IJN CVs to me are still fun but T9 Taiho i lost itnerest in, too strong AA on ships.

[-TNT-]
Members
99 posts
10,174 battles

No the AP is not ..TEST it before you run your mouth . The Enterprise AP doz about the same Dam now as HE with fires ... Before the nerf it was very good to BB and CL almost no dam on DD ,but nice to citadel a BB in a CV ,,,but now , not going to happen . Test it again you 'll see

[-TNT-]
Members
99 posts
10,174 battles
21 hours ago, Palladia said:

The AP bombs on the Enterprise are fine,  man. Just got to hit the right targets.  Against more lightly armored targets the HE is going to deal more damage and the AP bombs are just going to overpenetrate and do ten percent.  

Test the nerf change's before you run your mouth ,AP on Enterprise is nerfed to the trash can

Members
1,604 posts
3,573 battles
11 hours ago, War182 said:

Test the nerf change's before you run your mouth ,AP on Enterprise is nerfed to the trash can

I have.  And I have had her from the start,  there is no nerf here.  Maybe you ought to do some research before you run YOUR mouth,  hmmm?

Beta Testers
248 posts
469 battles

#NolongerSkyCancer :(  Its a pity carriers still get nerfed, but you know they are still are one of the most capable ships in the game even with the changes.  If you are hitting a peak in MM thats unfortunate, if your complaining about damage nerfs, remember that those nerfs arent across the board, check your targets, AP still has a much higher chance to proc that mega hit, and it does often.

Beta Testers
332 posts
5,683 battles

What about having players fly the Planes? and or like one plane in a squadron with the rest backing you up while your ship is on Autopilot. Something like this: 

or scout planes from the cruisers and Battleships: 

[-TNT-]
Members
99 posts
10,174 battles
On 2/23/2018 at 6:50 AM, Palladia said:

I have.  And I have had her from the start,  there is no nerf here.  Maybe you ought to do some research before you run YOUR mouth,  hmmm?

Ok fanboy i'm telling wargameing they nerfed down AP to far because AP and HE now do almost same dam on Enterprise per hit . Counting fire dam form HE ,HE doz way way more Dam .That being said it's turned AP bombers to worthless on Enterprise > If you open testing and use AP than save number's ,Than Fanboy change to HE and check dam number's . HE has way way more dam counting fire's .hit per hit they are almost the same . Now if you have really tested it than you know i'm right . So that mean's your are a troll fanboy . Or a lying trolling Fanboy that has not tested anything .Next time you want to run your mouth don;t go eat more crayons .

Members
8 posts
6,090 battles

The AP bombers are fine as is, the point of having AP bombs is to do more damage to battleships that have no deck armor on their citadels. HE damage i also fine, but i do admit the RNG on it can be more stressful on US cv and targeting small targets such as DDs.

As for the MOD, i think it should just stay where it belongs, Warthunder. The point of remaking the CV's is to implement aerial support to players, instead of having CV's play a game between themselves.

[-TNT-]
Members
99 posts
10,174 battles

No AP bomber's on Enterprise are not . You nurfed them down to far . You see players getting hit hard by AP bombs any more ...No ....When they released them ,dam they hit hard .But after first nurf .....nope they suck now ....so we use HE .. Just asking them to check number's and look ..see why we quit useing AP bombers and fix it ...I guess we can all just keep useing HE ....

[-TNT-]
Members
99 posts
10,174 battles

So im not going to use your nerfed AP bomber's tell you fix them . They do same damage as HE check the dam number's

[4HIM]
Alpha Tester
103 posts
6,185 battles
On 2/21/2018 at 10:39 PM, Palladia said:

I disagree. The AP bombs used to hammer German BBs. Now they don't.