XXRed_DawnXX

Disappointed with Lack of Tech Support for Mac players

5 comments in this topic

[ERN]
Members
594 posts
8,196 battles

One of my biggest pet peeves with this game is a constant series of crashes/bugs with this game, as well as a lack of assistance with Tech support due to playing on the MAC version of the game. Whenever I go to tech support for dealing with the issues on my game, they are not much on helping me due to this, and this really annoys me since I deal with this constantly for the past 2 years since the MAC version of the game was released.

Hey WarGaming, when are you going to extend your support to MAC players?

• Cool 1

[NDA]
Supertester
3,896 posts
1,479 battles

That's because there is no MAC version, only a third-party wrapper.  WG makes it available but they don't support it, since they didn't write it.

You want support?  Go buy a cheapo WIndows box.

• Cool 1

[LEGIT]
Beta Testers
297 posts
15,799 battles
2 hours ago, XXRed_DawnXX said:

One of my biggest pet peeves with this game is a constant series of crashes/bugs with this game, as well as a lack of assistance with Tech support due to playing on the MAC version of the game. Whenever I go to tech support for dealing with the issues on my game, they are not much on helping me due to this, and this really annoys me since I deal with this constantly for the past 2 years since the MAC version of the game was released.

Hey WarGaming, when are you going to extend your support to MAC players?

Don't play WOWS on Mac since the game won't run native. Just install BootCamp to put a Window partition if you don't want to buy another PC box. There are enough issues you need to deal with during matches and you don't want an additional headache.

[PVE]
Members
5,370 posts
17,840 battles

Yeah Wargaming is zero help with issues regarding Macs. Use the forums, your fellow Mac users and the great people over at Codeweavers are your best hope of getting issues resolved if you are using the wrapper. I played with Bootcamp and it works great, just hate Windows so much, especially Windows 10, that I just had to delete it all. I use the Wineskin wrapper and have had no real problems but I am still using El Capitan instead of Sierra. Eventually I am sure it will all quit working so to minimize my losses, I quit spending money on the game. If it is too much trouble for Wargaming to work on a real Mac version of their game, it is too much trouble for me to open my wallet. Seems a fair trade.

• Cool 1

[ERN]
Members
594 posts
8,196 battles
14 hours ago, Taylor3006 said:

Yeah Wargaming is zero help with issues regarding Macs. Use the forums, your fellow Mac users and the great people over at Codeweavers are your best hope of getting issues resolved if you are using the wrapper. I played with Bootcamp and it works great, just hate Windows so much, especially Windows 10, that I just had to delete it all. I use the Wineskin wrapper and have had no real problems but I am still using El Capitan instead of Sierra. Eventually I am sure it will all quit working so to minimize my losses, I quit spending money on the game. If it is too much trouble for Wargaming to work on a real Mac version of their game, it is too much trouble for me to open my wallet. Seems a fair trade.

I agree, I already have money issues (buying premiums isn't helping), so I can't afford a new computer.

I have to remedy the issues by resetting the software, and uninstalling/reinstalling the game... and they are only temporary fixes.

If Wargaming and their related developers want to keep their Mac using customers, they should make some effort to address these issues.