You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
landedkiller

Do you want Aslaska or Kronshadt

Kronshtad or USS Alaska?  

135 members have voted

1. 1. Kronshtad or USS Alaska

• USS Alaska
    • Kronshtad
    • other
  2. 2. How are you feeling after seeing all of this?

• dissappointed
    • happy
    • other

78 comments in this topic

Beta Testers
1,302 posts
3,585 battles

why does wargaming think that Kronshtad an incomplete ship is better than USS Alaska an actual ship is good for the game? One would have thought that the most logical course of action would be to include USS Alaska first before an incomplete design bearing the same armament in caliber and same amount of guns as USS Alaska. Let's not forget that Stalingrad is being put into the game as well with the same caliber of guns and amount of guns. So that's two incomplete designs before what people have actually requested since beta days. Having all of this what would have you actually wanted to see from WG incomplete designs similar to USS Alaska or USS Alaska itself.

Complete meaning 100% built

soviet projects given incomplete designation due the fact that they were hulls that didn't get finished per Doomlock

yes I changed the title it makes more sense now and added some photos to pages 2

• Bad 1

[HINON]
WoWS Wiki Editor, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
6,498 posts
3,751 battles

Both are not paper designs. They both were laid down and had their hulls completed before WWII (for Kronshtadt), or Stalin's death (for Stalingrad) halted construction.

[HINON]
Supertester
18,979 posts
12,488 battles
3 minutes ago, Elegant_Winter said:

It's an impressive "cruiser."

I don't get it. Whenever Alaska is discussed, people jump on me for suggesting it be anything other than a cruiser, and now that its drunken russian clone Kronshtadt be introduced as a cruiser, people suddenly are up in arms that it isn't one?

• Cool 1
  • Funny 3
  • Bad 1

[LRM]
Members
2,574 posts
4,937 battles

Because long story short, they run on there own agenda. They say battleship players are 33% of the server, yet they release more premium BB's and more BB lines. Consumables no longer belong to certine classes. The list goes on. 

In short, it doesn't matter what we want. It's whatever they want. Our feedback is next to useless at this point. It's all about the money. We have enough premium Japanese BBs to have a linesplit at this point, but instead they are all single premiums. That's one of many measures of there thinking.

At this point it doesn't matter anymore. It really doesn't. We are going to get what comes unless the community starts giving out hard no's like they did with GZ.

Edited by Battleship_MaineMk1
  • Cool 2

Members
5,579 posts
3,952 battles
3 minutes ago, Lert said:

I don't get it. Whenever Alaska is discussed, people jump on me for suggesting it be anything other than a cruiser, and now that its drunken russian clone Kronshtadt be introduced as a cruiser, people suddenly are up in arms that it isn't one?

I don't get it either.

[AR15]
Members
419 posts
7,893 battles
34 minutes ago, Doomlock said:

Both are not paper designs. They both were laid down and had their hulls completed before WWII (for Kronshtadt), or Stalin's death (for Stalingrad) halted construction.

They are both poster children for Soviet corruption and ineptness. Guns that were never made. Machinery that was never built. Steel that could not be provided. Hulls that were never completed. The in-game model should include a giant oil slick as a monument to Soviet quality control. :Smile_medal:

:Smile_hiding:

• Cool 1
  • Funny 6

[CMFRT]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
693 posts
1,687 battles

Just means when Alaska comes she'll be a cruiser like she should be. Im happy for it.

[BTH]
Beta Testers
198 posts
4,662 battles
31 minutes ago, Battleship_MaineMk1 said:

Because long story short, they run on there own agenda. They say battleship players are 33% of the server, yet they release more premium BB's and more BB lines. Consumables no longer belong to certine classes. The list goes on. 

In short, it doesn't matter what we want. It's whatever they want. Our feedback is next to useless at this point. It's all about the money. We have enough premium Japanese BBs to have a linesplit at this point, but instead they are all single premiums. That's one of many measures of there thinking.

At this point it doesn't matter anymore. It really doesn't. We are going to get what comes unless the community starts giving out hard no's like they did with GZ.

There is only one thing WG cares about in the end, and it's $.

Only when we speak with our wallets will they listen to, or care, about anything NA has to say.

• Cool 1

Beta Testers
1,302 posts
3,585 battles
1 hour ago, Lert said:

Well it could have been a BB at one point, but most likely it will be cruiser after seeing two Russian incomplete boats make it in as cruisers with the same gun caliber as Alaska.

57 minutes ago, Battleship_MaineMk1 said:

Maine we both know that your the head of a certain something you could easily share this with them. Your letting them get their own intentions done when you say nothing. Speak to them tell them what you'd like to see done on this matter. What good is that certain something of your's if your not going to have a word with the big whigs themselves?

[HINON]
6,498 posts
3,751 battles
51 minutes ago, CBSDracster said:

They are both poster children for Soviet corruption and ineptness. Guns that were never made. Machinery that was never built. Steel that could not be provided. Hulls that were never completed. The in-game model should include a giant oil slick as a monument to Soviet quality control. :Smile_medal:

:Smile_hiding:

Stalingrad's rifles were completed.

[HINON]
6,498 posts
3,751 battles
1 hour ago, Battleship_MaineMk1 said:

French BBs were planned from months ago. And for now seem to be the only line of them this year. (And still there are more cruiser and DD lines, with even more on the way).

Consumables haven't belonged to certain classes since CBT.

1 hour ago, Battleship_MaineMk1 said:

We have enough premium Japanese BBs to have a linesplit at this point, but instead they are all single premiums. That's one of many measures of there thinking.

So...Mikasa, Ishizuchi, stock hull Nagato, Stock hull Amagi and Kii are a line split? :Smile_amazed:

32 minutes ago, landedkiller said:

Maine we both know that your the head of a certain something you could easily share this with them. Your letting them get their own intentions done when you say nothing. Speak to them tell them what you'd like to see done on this matter. What good is that certain something of your's if your not going to have a word with the big whigs themselves?

He runs the largest community discord server. That is all. 

The problem arises when we project our own vision on their game. They have their own vision and will follow theirs over ours. Community opinions on balancing, ships, maps, consumables, etc, have always been wildly all over the place and inconsistent. It's a bad idea to try and use that confused vision, over theirs.

[4HIM]
Beta Testers
1,012 posts
9,218 battles

I know the Alaska is a big overweight cruiser.  I will still call her a Battlecruiser, just plain sexier!  (and living in Alaska, I have should have the say :) )

[LRM]
Members
2,574 posts
4,937 battles
1 hour ago, landedkiller said:

Well it could have been a BB at one point, but most likely it will be cruiser after seeing two Russian incomplete boats make it in as cruisers with the same gun caliber as Alaska.

I don't have that much power. Even if I did, telling a company to change three mindset is driving the edge of a knife. It would not go over well at all, and if anything would create a divide. 

[ARRGG]
[ARRGG]
Members
5,770 posts
2 hours ago, Battleship_MaineMk1 said:

Because long story short, they run on there own agenda. They say battleship players are 33% of the server, yet they release more premium BB's and more BB lines. Consumables no longer belong to certain classes. The list goes on. 

I agree with everything you say here but the last sentence. The community has less than .00001 % of the power of change. Money has the Power! The forums are even smaller in this regard being less than 3% of the games total population. 

[BASIN]
[BASIN]
Members
1,951 posts
4 hours ago, Doomlock said:

French BBs were planned from months ago. And for now seem to be the only line of them this year. (And still there are more cruiser and DD lines, with even more on the way).

Consumables haven't belonged to certain classes since CBT.

So...Mikasa, Ishizuchi, stock hull Nagato, Stock hull Amagi and Kii are a line split? :Smile_amazed:

He runs the largest community discord server. That is all. 

The problem arises when we project our own vision on their game. They have their own vision and will follow theirs over ours. Community opinions on balancing, ships, maps, consumables, etc, have always been wildly all over the place and inconsistent. It's a bad idea to try and use that confused vision, over theirs.

Except as I've been given to understand the reason the Kutuzov was removed was because it had smoke and that was supposed to be a British consumable only and to tell the truth that makes no sense:Smile_amazed::Smile_sceptic::Smile_facepalm:I really believe I'd have bought it too one of the very few..............................Not saying I'd have played it well but:Smile_teethhappy:

[HINON]
6,498 posts
3,751 battles
1 minute ago, shadowsrmine said:

Except as I've been given to understand the reason the Kutuzov was removed was because it had smoke and that was supposed to be a British consumable only and to tell the truth that makes no sense:Smile_amazed::Smile_sceptic::Smile_facepalm:I really believe I'd have bought it too one of the very few..............................Not saying I'd have played it well but:Smile_teethhappy:

Kutuzov was removed due to overperforming far too much in the current state of the game, not because the smoke was supposed to be British only.

[BASIN]
[BASIN]
Members
1,951 posts
12 minutes ago, Doomlock said:

Kutuzov was removed due to overperforming far too much in the current state of the game, not because the smoke was supposed to be British only.

And from my exp that's a player being good enuff to make the most of his/her ship case in Point the Missouri or Musashi will they remove Musashi as well if a few players are able to play her well in spite of her disadvantages?    If they do this too often they'll lose a lot of player's just as Blizzard has and for the same reasons

Edited by shadowsrmine

[BASIN]
[BASIN]
Members
1,951 posts

At this point there are far for more tier 8 premium  BB's,DD's and CV's  than there are tier 8 premium cruisers

Edited by shadowsrmine

Members
630 posts
707 battles
1 hour ago, shadowsrmine said:

At this point there are far fsr more tier 8 premium  BB's,DD's and CV's  than there are tier 8 premium cruisers

Just look at the sheer amount of Russian cruisers.

[BASIN]
[BASIN]
Members
1,951 posts
1 hour ago, RealNewDeal said:

Just look at the sheer amount of Russian cruisers.

I was primarily focusing in on tier 8 ships  BB's,DD's and CV's  there still available only 2 premium tier 8 cruisers one German one Japanese and both are Heavy Cruisers,    As far as I see and or understand  WG seems to have an issue balancing Light Cruisers and removed the only two made the general player base could still access from purchase since there are still plenty of them in the game and I have been deleted by them and deleted them tho I freely admit I was deleted by it far more often than Vica Versa:Smile_teethhappy:

Edited by shadowsrmine

[BASIN]
[BASIN]
Members
1,951 posts

Oh  just remembered that WG made available the Kutuzov to anyone who recruited enuff new players who played level to 6  so the removal was conditional in it's case I imagine that may come back to haunt them

Texas_Recruitment_Rewards.png

Edited by shadowsrmine

[BASIN]
[BASIN]
Members
1,951 posts
2 hours ago, shadowsrmine said:

Oh  just remembered that WG made available the Kutuzov to anyone who recruited enuff new players who played level to 6  so the removal was conditional in it's case I imagine that may come back to haunt them

Texas_Recruitment_Rewards.png

So just another case of Special Premium Ships that are Available to Only a Very Select Special Privileged Few..............................................Does anyone 'Else' think this is Broken?:Smile_amazed::Smile_sceptic::Smile_facepalm:

[BASIN]
[BASIN]
Members
1,951 posts
1 hour ago, shadowsrmine said:

So just another case of Special Premium Ships that are Available to Only a Very Select Special Privileged Few..............................................Does anyone 'Else' think this is Broken?:Smile_amazed::Smile_sceptic::Smile_facepalm:

Hmmm  just had a thought I wonder how many players with more money than sense are going to round up a lot of friends and or acquaittances and pay them to play to level 6 to get this ship promo special?    After some thought (especially when considering one of these ships is no longer attainable any other way) Some people may think it might be cheaper to pay other people to play to level 6 rather than buy them from the premium shop and would that not be violating WG's rules?   And if someone did how would they catch him or prove he did?

Edited by shadowsrmine