You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
allendeckard

Kill credit

10 comments in this topic

Members
9 posts
2,912 battles

is there a reason they don't just give kill credit to the player that did the most damage on the enemy instead of who landed the last shot?    It's all registered seems like it would be a lot better indicator of things and a bit more fair.

It's not like its a big deal honestly but just seems like an easy little adjustment.

• Cool 2
  • Bad 1

[FML]
Members
1,622 posts
9,879 battles
2 minutes ago, allendeckard said:

is there a reason they don't just give kill credit to the player that did the most damage on the enemy instead of who landed the last shot?    It's all registered seems like it would be a lot better indicator of things and a bit more fair.

It's not like its a big deal honestly but just seems like an easy little adjustment.

I think the issue is that ships in this game fire back just as hard whether they are at 100 per cent HP or at 1 per cent. 

Thus, doing 99 per cent of the damage is less useful than doing the last 1 per cent to take the guns out of the battle. 

Unless your ships capability (reload, accuracy etc) reduced with your HP as well, this suggestion would, IMO, reward the wrong part of winning battles. 

Members
4,731 posts
5,459 battles

It's not done that way because the player who did 80% of a ships HP in damage, but didn't get the killing shot, didn't sink the ship. The rewards are set up so you earn based of % damage done to a target, so the player that did 80% HP worth of damage to a target will get much more in the way of credits and exp than the guy who shaved off the last few HP(they only get 15% HP worth of damage as a reward for the kill, plus whatever single digit % they managed to scrape in)

Eh, I still think some sort of assist ribbon would be more appropriate. Only awarded if you did X% amount of damage before the target was sunk. That way assists are actual assists in sinking a ship, not just awarded because some chum opened fire when the target was on 100 HP and managed to get the killing shot. That's not much of an 'assist' in my opinion.

Edited by GhostSwordsman
  • Cool 1

[AR15]
Members
419 posts
7,893 battles

I like the idea of the Kill Assist ribbon. There's a Cap Assist ribbon...so why not. The stat chasers would have a conniption though because "muh kill stats!".

I'd also like to suggest the "Lucky Bastage" ribbon for the ship that takes damage from all 12 red ships and manages to live.

• Cool 3

[WOLF2]
Members
860 posts
6,976 battles
28 minutes ago, GhostSwordsman said:

Eh, I still think some sort of assist ribbon would be more appropriate. Only awarded if you did X% amount of damage before the target was sunk. That way assists are actual assists in sinking a ship, not just awarded because some chum opened fire when the target was on 100 HP and managed to get the killing shot. That's not much of an 'assist' in my opinion.

I'm ok either way - if they gave an assist ribbon, that'd be fine.   But.... since we already get XP for taking 90% of their health, isn't that technically the "assist" reward?    I could definitely see if you only got XP for kills.

About the only time it gets the gears grinding is when I have four to the Kraken, am working on number 5 (I don't ask for the Kraken in chat).   Got the red down to his last 500xp, my rounds are 2 seconds from firing....   AND someone fires the kill shot.       If they had mini-Krakens (4 kills), I'd have a bunch.  LOL!

[R-F]
Members
664 posts
6,150 battles

Sometimes you do 90% damage and don't get the kill.  If it's a British BB he's going to heal back half of that anyhow, given the opportunity.

Sometimes you land one stupid HE shell and get the kill.  

For those who are particularly interested in being acknowledged for doing significant if not necessarily fatal damage, I present the "High Caliber" and "Confederate" achievements.

Edited by Brhinosaurus
fixed minor typo

[CUTE]
Members
5,152 posts
3,430 battles

You snipe some and you get some sniped from ya. It all shakes out in the end.

[CUTE]
Members
5,152 posts
3,430 battles
7 minutes ago, Brhinosaurus said:

For those who are particularly interested in being acknowledged for doing significant if not necessarily fatal damage, I present the "High Caliber" and "Confederate" achievements.

I am a large fan of the zero kill Confederate.