You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
allendeckard

Coin adjustment

9 comments in this topic

Members
9 posts
2,912 battles

Am I the only one that thinks that the coin payouts need adjusted for tier 8 9 and 10 especially 9and 10?  Sucks that I can make twice the coin playing a 6 or 7 than I can on a 10 the servicing costs triple while the payouts stay the same.    Makes it seems sort of worthless to try and get higher tier ships.

Or is this by design so you play your lower tier ships to make enough money to play the higher tier?

Not saying I don't make money on the high tier but it's not even remotely close to the lower.

Then again I'm sure there will be those that are about to tell me it's all me  

[HINON]
Members
8,778 posts

It's part of the FTP design to keep the other tiers populated. Otherwise everyone gravitates to T10 and stays there making lower tiers a ghost land. This also encourage premium time and the T10 premium camos which helps WG's business model.

• Cool 2

[NDA]
Supertester
3,896 posts
1,472 battles

As RipNu2U stated, this is by design.  They actually changed it about 6-8 months ago - it used to be considerably harder to make credits at Tier X than it is now.

• Cool 1

[R-F]
Members
664 posts
6,150 battles

Premium account + permanant camo + clan with economic bonuses + reasonably good play = make money at any tier.

But yes, as others have said, it's part of WG's business model.  I do realize two of the ingredients above represent transfer of money from your pockets to theirs.

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
8,780 posts
14,775 battles
40 minutes ago, allendeckard said:

Or is this by design so you play your lower tier ships to make enough money to play the higher tier?

B I N G O !

[SYN]
Members
14,345 posts
10,218 battles

Yeah, WG wants you to buy stuff. They aren't a charity, afterall.

[-K-]
[-K-]
Members
573 posts
4,504 battles

I thought this was where to spend my bitcoin!

But as others said the economy now is much better at t9/10 and in the FTP model it keeps the mid tiers populated.

[SEOP]
Members
1,286 posts
36 minutes ago, RipNuN2 said:

It's part of the FTP design to keep the other tiers populated. Otherwise everyone gravitates to T10 and stays there making lower tiers a ghost land. This also encourage premium time and the T10 premium camos which helps WG's business model.

yup.  same model is used in World of Tanks.  WG wants to keep mid tiers populated and get folks playing higher tiers to buy premium accounts and perma camo for gold.  Shocking business model -- simply shocking!!!  Its like these guys want to make a profit off their game or something!!!!

[TSG4B]
[TSG4B]
Members
1,708 posts
9,376 battles
36 minutes ago, Dr_Dirt said:

Its like these guys want to make a profit off their game or something!!!!

people need to make a livings too you know ...... and nothing, NOTHING are FREE. Its call real life