You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
WarriorLegend

Prinz Eugen Dpm and Credit Income

19 comments in this topic

Members
4 posts
3,435 battles

I have had about 100 matches in the Prinz Eugen and I am just wondering why it is so mediocre. It's my only T8 premium and really makes credit grinding really painful. As most people know it's dpm is pretty trash but it does have a nice health pool. Problem is you get tiered up usually to tier 10 very often and your health ends up being more of an damage pinata for the enemy rather than a threat because of your weak dpm. But stats aside I have noticed that it makes very little credits. For example I have had a match recently with 160k damage 2kills, high caliber, and confederate; but it only made me about 330k credits on standard account and 560k on premium account. In comparison I have seen similar matches earn 800K to 1m credits easily on premium account with the Kutuzov. Does anyone think that one of these things should be buffed? Honestly I wouldn't mind the weak credits if only the damage output was better. It would make the ship more competitive outside of T8 matches.

[HINON]
Supertester
18,956 posts
12,469 battles

Those Kutozov matches were probably done with a credit enhancing camo and all the credit enhancing flags. Prinz Eugen has a very similar credit earning quotient to Kutuzov.

As for the DPM, armor and hitpoints - well, yes, but this was all known before you bought it.

[NOOOB]
Members
1,439 posts
12,083 battles

PE, somewhat competitive in tier.. but is harvestable damage stats in higher tier games.  Don’t take out much, reason confirmed during German Cruiser weekend, decided that I would take PE out for a spin, first match tiered up to 10 - one of only two tier 8 on team.  Tried to stay back, but provide some support for capping- as soon a spotted (with the lousy concealment), race to see who could harvest the PE, had Montana, Yammi, DM and GK all shooting at me.  Ended pretty quickly. Have close to 200 games in the PE, was a  decent credit earner and of course the commander exp bonus, but just painful to take out with the current MM programming.

Edited by Panzer1113

[FACT]
Members
523 posts
5,796 battles
22 minutes ago, WarriorLegend said:

I have had about 100 matches in the Prinz Eugen and I am just wondering why it is so mediocre. It's my only T8 premium and really makes credit grinding really painful. As most people know it's dpm is pretty trash but it does have a nice health pool. Problem is you get tiered up usually to tier 10 very often and your health ends up being more of an damage pinata for the enemy rather than a threat because of your weak dpm. But stats aside I have noticed that it makes very little credits. For example I have had a match recently with 160k damage 2kills, high caliber, and confederate; but it only made me about 330k credits on standard account and 560k on premium account. In comparison I have seen similar matches earn 800K to 1m credits easily on premium account with the Kutuzov. Does anyone think that one of these things should be buffed? Honestly I wouldn't mind the weak credits if only the damage output was better. It would make the ship more competitive outside of T8 matches.

The only buff the PE requires is her RoF. Bring it down 8 or 9 second reload.

Members
1,512 posts
7,967 battles
6 minutes ago, Gruntdog_3 said:

The only buff the PE requires is her RoF. Bring it down 8 or 9 second reload.

Hey

I would even say 10 sec would be a good ROF for her.  She really could use a buff, maybe even a heal instead like Atago.  She should be something different from Hipper, maybe a ROF to Hipper and a heal to the P.E. 

Pete

[FACT]
Members
523 posts
5,796 battles
2 minutes ago, sasquatch_research said:

Hey

I would even say 10 sec would be a good ROF for her.  She really could use a buff, maybe even a heal instead like Atago.  She should be something different from Hipper, maybe a ROF to Hipper and a heal to the P.E. 

Pete

Ten with a heal would be the best! Yeah, I know, never happen. Given the choice I would take the RoF at 10. PE is my #1 ship, even above the Hindy.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Members
5,335 posts
9,433 battles

Low tier piñata mission...   Fire guns and only remain visible for a few seconds before ducking behind an island.  Shells rain in and I get covered in dirt and trees from the island.

Rinse and repeat..

I also do this a lot when I'm in a DD.  Fire a couple salvoes to distract the enemy player-base.  They fire off a salvo at me...  I go dark, wait about 30 seconds.. repeat.

It gives the rest of my team a break, and they can get a better position, and lob a few more shells in on target.

Then I get on those potating teams that stay back and only fire if they have a citadel perfectly lined up.

[EREKT]
Members
760 posts
5,774 battles
1 hour ago, Lert said:

Those Kutozov matches were probably done with a credit enhancing camo and all the credit enhancing flags. Prinz Eugen has a very similar credit earning quotient to Kutuzov.

As for the DPM, armor and hitpoints - well, yes, but this was all known before you bought it.

He might've spread the damage out to more targets in the Kutuzov... Killing 2 DDs and 2 CA's is going to get you more credits then killing 2 BBs right?

[HINON]
Supertester
18,956 posts
12,469 battles
Just now, HorrorRoach said:

He might've spread the damage out to more targets in the Kutuzov... Killing 2 DDs and 2 CA's is going to get you more credits then killing 2 BBs right?

You get reward based on how much percentage of someone's hit point pool you remove. So killing two 15k hp DDs from 100% to 0% will net you more earnings than removing 50% HP from two 70k HP battleships.

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
5,412 posts
10,181 battles
1 hour ago, Lert said:

You know Lert I really wonder? I kind of agree with the the guy you were responding to about how much Kutuzov makes. Makes me wonder if it has some kind of extra modifier built in like Missouri (not that much but...)?

I got a Kutuzov in a Santa crate and the thing makes obscene amounts of credits even in Co-op. Frankly it is only behind Missouri for me in highest average credits earned. I have had a ton of high 300-400K credit games with it in Co-op. Yes I had flags but I am comparing it to what other ships make with the same flags. It darn near prints credits like Missouri for me.

I mean look at these examples of credits paid for damage done and remember this is Co-op...

d9TQNHE.jpg

Q9BjOIL.jpg

Edited by AdmiralThunder
  • Cool 1

[HINON]
Supertester
18,956 posts
12,469 battles
2 minutes ago, AdmiralThunder said:

Frankly it is only behind Missouri for me in highest credits earned.

Well, yes, that's how tier 8 premium credits work, yes.

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
5,412 posts
10,181 battles
Just now, Lert said:

Well, yes, that's how tier 8 premium credits work, yes.

Yes but I have a lot of T8 Premiums and they don't earn like Kutuzov does is my point. 

It's...

• MO
  • Kutuzov
  • >
  • >
  • >
  • other T8 Premiums.

Come on stop messing with me.:Smile_amazed:

[HINON]
Supertester
18,956 posts
12,469 battles
2 minutes ago, AdmiralThunder said:

Yes but I have a lot of T8 Premiums and they don't earn like Kutuzov does is my point.

My experience is different from yours apparently.

Members
1,238 posts
8,932 battles
1 hour ago, Lert said:

so you get what you pay for, huh Lert?....nice to see you and Thunder could agree to disagree....don't always see that....shows class.

[EREKT]
Members
760 posts
5,774 battles

The Kutuzov by nature is good at reaching out and burning multiple targets concurrently, it's how the ship naturally ends up damaging the enemy team... boosts its credit generation. Don't you guys alternate between nearby targets? Once one uses damage con, you shoot someone else while their repair engaged... Get the second ship burning, go back to the first one since the damage con is down. You can terrorize on occasion, when you smoke up and don't have anything to worry about.

Edited by HorrorRoach

[HINON]
Supertester
18,956 posts
12,469 battles
13 minutes ago, commodore_torakula said:

so you get what you pay for, huh Lert?

Well, yes. This is a universal truth in life. Most of the time at least. Quality costs.

Members
1,238 posts
8,932 battles
2 minutes ago, Lert said:

Well, yes. This is a universal truth in life. Most of the time at least. Quality costs.

Good thing WG keeps it interesting....I don't like to sound kiss-[edited]to the company, but damnit they have a product....not even charging me if I don't want.....

[ANKER]
Members
229 posts
3,542 battles

I can average between 500-680k credits in PE. Not even excessive performance, even 100k damage games, and I can make that in losses too. This is with premium + credit flag and I run reduced ship cost flag too. Aswell, I have some of the special credit flags that add 50% iirc, so that's where I get that number. 2 decent PE games nets me at minimum 1 million credits, so it works well for me. I enjoy using her. 
Even then, I have Scharnhorst too for when I tire. I'm perfectly ok with this.

Edit: The key lies in the words of those before me. You get more reward for damage on the low-base HP targets because it's percentage based, not HP based. PE is a cruiser that excels at bullying ships of equal size or smaller, so load that AP and wait for cruisers to broadside you, or take Hydro, load HE, and push near capture points to support DDs and kill DDs. 
In the between time or during uptiers, you can load and spam HE from range like most cruisers do, but PE is reliant on you actually doing cruiser hunting or bullying DDs. I personally, because CVs are rare now, don't recommend using DF or AA build. I use Priority Target, Adrenaline Rush, Demolition Expert (necessary for uptiers), and Concealment Expert for 10pts. 13pts for Superintendant for the extra Hydro and plane. Reason is that I use up Hydro very often. I use it when pushing caps and I also used it when I know DDs are stalking our BBs. Thanks to the long range, my PE in front with Hydro up has saved battleships during pushing by spotting torps long before they are a threat. People commonly use Hydro only offensively, but it can be used in a teamoriented situation for spotting like radar. 
I recently got 15pts, and plan to use High Alert next, so I can trigger DamCon more frequently in order to preserve my HP pool from fires. 

Edited by Seniorious