Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Soryu007

What I dislike about Battleships

7 comments in this topic

[GWG]
Beta Testers
149 posts
5,194 battles

Okay, before you slam me I do play all classes.  While I think I enjoy playing DD the best I also enjoy playing all the classes because WOWS has done an admirable job of making ships feel different.

That said, what really bugs me is battleships just sitting and firing.  It is also annoying watching battleships moving in reverse and firing.  And yes, I know this is not REAL LIFE.  However, I seriously doubt any real ship captain would intentionally stop his ship and engage in battle in the real world.  Movement is life and avoidance.  From a purely hypothetical point of view, this probably also increases the BB rate of fire to some degree since the captain can just stick is nose in the periscope while avoiding steering. It also provides a greater degree of protection with bow on armor head on forcing the opponent to close.

In my opinion a ship sitting still in the water is a sitting duck and should just take more damage.  I can understand why WOWS would not want to mess with dispersion, but maybe it would be valid to increase damage per hit when ships are just sitting ducks on a pond.  Anything which would encourage battleships to move and engage as intended would be welcomed.  And no, I do not think the penalty should apply when ship is in smoke since the ship is not really a sitting duck if in smoke.

Just an observation.  Maybe WOWS should offer Forts for those who want to play from a standstill :) 

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
2,220 posts
8,385 battles

If they're sitting still, punish them. If you can't, then what's wrong with that spot?

[HINON]
Members
8,794 posts

If they arent moving, slam them with torps or burninate them. There are times when it is a good position for a BB to slow down to a stop and use an island to block some enemy fire while they focus on one or 2 enemies.

Members
2,274 posts
7,306 battles
36 minutes ago, Soryu007 said:

Okay, before you slam me I do play all classes.  While I think I enjoy playing DD the best I also enjoy playing all the classes because WOWS has done an admirable job of making ships feel different.

That said, what really bugs me is battleships just sitting and firing.  It is also annoying watching battleships moving in reverse and firing.  And yes, I know this is not REAL LIFE.  However, I seriously doubt any real ship captain would intentionally stop his ship and engage in battle in the real world.  Movement is life and avoidance.  From a purely hypothetical point of view, this probably also increases the BB rate of fire to some degree since the captain can just stick is nose in the periscope while avoiding steering. It also provides a greater degree of protection with bow on armor head on forcing the opponent to close.

In my opinion a ship sitting still in the water is a sitting duck and should just take more damage.  I can understand why WOWS would not want to mess with dispersion, but maybe it would be valid to increase damage per hit when ships are just sitting ducks on a pond.  Anything which would encourage battleships to move and engage as intended would be welcomed.  And no, I do not think the penalty should apply when ship is in smoke since the ship is not really a sitting duck if in smoke.

Just an observation.  Maybe WOWS should offer Forts for those who want to play from a standstill :) 

Other ships also do that. Cruisers and DDs that sit behind islands "rainning" shells over it. Crusiers and DDs sitting still inside smoke, or going foward/backwards. DDs reversing into caps. 

Some game mechanics and strategy playes allow us to do that. 

[ARRGG]
[ARRGG]
Members
5,770 posts

Variety is the spice of life. If WG made the game to be played  only one way that guy would be alone.  Player diversity Ship Diversity makes the game "Diverse" What you may call wrong others call right. Diversity makes this game enjoyable for a wide spectrum of players. Although WG can not please everyone they just have to Please themselves. Those who would like to change things  have two Options Play the game as intended by WG or leave it for something more to what they are looking for. Oh Crap! I forgot" the go to the Forums and [edited] about everything options."

Sign in to follow this