Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
renegadestatuz

Dev Blog-Soviet T9 cruiser Kronshtadt

64 comments in this topic

Alpha Tester
2,300 posts
4,453 battles
Just now, Big_Spud said:

Just think, now you get Alaska!

Don't give a flying $%^& about Alaska.  Not interested in US Warships and can't see a need for it.  Not a fan.

M

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 2

Alpha Tester
2,300 posts
4,453 battles
Just now, Wolcott said:

[Looks at Hood which is classed as a battleship] :Smile_sad:

exactly.. I actually edited my post as you typed yours:)

M

[NSF]
Beta Testers
4,995 posts
5,965 battles

Actually, considering the proposed stats of the Kronshtadt (45,000 tons at full load, the absurd railguns, etc), Alaska would probably be a tier 8 by these metrics. She’s about 10,000 tons lighter, and lacks the rail-guns. She would probably park up at around 70,000 HP.

Members
841 posts
4,880 battles

Did you see their proposal for their new Russian Tier IV DD? Here's the stats (work in progress):

Displacement: 50,000 tons

HP: 108,000

Speed: 55 kts

6x3 500mm main guns

14x2 203mm secondaries

Torpedoes: 4x5 51km range torps, speed 99 kts, damage (doesn't actually do damage just causes detonations on each hit)

AA rating: 300

Smoke x3

Speed Boost x3

Defensive Fire (always active)

Radar (always active - 22 km radius)

Members
974 posts
1,871 battles

can someone explain to me what the big deal is. looking at the stats it's armor is crap and it is big and that is not a good combo all battleship you will meet can lol pen your bow your health may be great but you will lose to fast. it can be seen from orbit, has bad movability meaning that torpedoes are going to be a problem sure it has 12in guns so what there is so much more bad thing about this ship then good

[NSF]
Beta Testers
4,995 posts
5,965 battles
1 minute ago, skull_122_steel said:

can someone explain to me what the big deal is. looking at the stats it's armor is crap and it is big and that is not a good combo all battleship you will meet can lol pen your bow your health may be great but you will lose to fast. it can be seen from orbit, has bad movability meaning that torpedoes are going to be a problem sure it has 12in guns so what there is so much more bad thing about this ship then good

It takes a cruiser slot. Imagine fighting this in a Baltimore or Ibuki on a 1-1 basis.

[KNMSU]
Members
3,368 posts
3,996 battles
1 minute ago, skull_122_steel said:

High speed + cruiser blapping. Oh, excuse me, "real" cruiser blapping. 

Members
974 posts
1,871 battles
Just now, Big_Spud said:

It takes a cruiser slot. Imagine fighting this in a Baltimore or Ibuki.

thats fair

[5D]
Beta Testers
434 posts
7,834 battles

Not sure... I mean they have a 12 Inch armed cruiser that is also at T10.. Stalingrad...so who knows where he Alaska will be placed, but we atleast know it will either b T9 or T10... 

Members
974 posts
1,871 battles
Just now, Cruiser_Fiume said:

High speed + cruiser blapping. Oh, excuse me, "real" cruiser blapping. 

you still cant out run a shell 

[NSF]
Beta Testers
4,995 posts
5,965 battles
Just now, Neighbor_Kid said:

Not sure... I mean they have a 12 Inch armed cruiser that is also at T10.. Stalingrad...so who knows where he Alaska will be placed, but we atleast know it will either b T9 or T10... 

Compared to this monster, Alaska is a tier 8. This thing literally weighs as much as most tier 8 battleships.

[CMFRT]
Modder, In AlfaTesters
715 posts
1,782 battles

ALASKA HYPE! Tier 9 cruiser here we come. Lets go! Youre two for two so far WG... lets not mess up Alaska.

[-MOS-]
Alpha Tester
431 posts
2,669 battles

Everyone hyped for Alaska in return, and I'm just waiting for B-65. 

• Funny 1

[NSF]
Beta Testers
4,995 posts
5,965 battles
1 minute ago, Hatate_ said:

Everyone hyped for Alaska in return, and I'm just waiting for B-65. 

2 minutes ago, Avalon304 said:

ALASKA HYPE! Tier 9 cruiser here we come. Lets go! Youre two for two so far WG... lets not mess up Alaska.

You had better hope they’re tier 8, because this thing literally has 10,000 tons on both of them.

[5D]
Beta Testers
434 posts
7,834 battles
2 minutes ago, Big_Spud said:

You had better hope they’re tier 8, because this thing literally has 10,000 tons on both of them.

Well i can bet the soviet cruisers will have a citadel above the water line to compensate.. and thatll do it.. 

[HINON]
Supertester
7,523 posts
7,580 battles
6 minutes ago, Neighbor_Kid said:

Stalingrad was designed and started as a battlecruiser, not an armored cruiser.

[OPG]
Members
3,975 posts
5,688 battles

First off.  Gib nao!!!!

Secondly, I have my doubts about how viable she will be.  On one hand she might be OP because she's a BB with 80k HP that takes slot of a cruiser, but on the other hand she also looks like garbage as she is basically just a Tier 7 BB stuck at Tier 9.  That dispersion, sigma and bow armor is all garbage.  *For reference sake her dispersion is about on par with the Scharnhorst.  

[NSF]
Beta Testers
4,995 posts
5,965 battles
5 minutes ago, Neighbor_Kid said:

Well i can bet the soviet cruisers will have a citadel above the water line to compensate.. and thatll do it.. 

I don’t know if that’s going to offset the likely 15,000 HP disparity between them tbh.

[5D]
Beta Testers
434 posts
7,834 battles
3 minutes ago, Big_Spud said:

I don’t know if that’s going to offset the likely 15,000 HP disparity between them tbh.

I have no fear! CHARGE! 

Members
139 posts
1,845 battles

If anyone is curious the thing is basically the size of a tirpitz will less displacement.  The two are quite comparable in real like specs but holy crapthose stats are waaaaaaaay op.

[SAA]
Members
11 posts
3,910 battles
58 minutes ago, renegadestatuz said:

According to them, yes. With 12inch guns.

woot cant wait looks buff

[HINON]
[HINON]
Members
5,075 posts
6,792 battles

with 12 inch guns, i think its safe to say its actually more a BATTLECRUISER than a cruiser, Soviet Free XP ship maybe?

[CMFRT]
Modder, In AlfaTesters
715 posts
1,782 battles
24 minutes ago, Big_Spud said:

Why? Alaska would have 74,700 HP. Its only about 7.5k health. Thats not that bad a difference even at tier 9. (I dont think tier has a direct effect on HP).

[ARGSY]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,178 posts
18,916 battles
10 minutes ago, tcbaker777 said:

with 12 inch guns, i think its safe to say its actually more a BATTLECRUISER than a cruiser, Soviet Free XP ship maybe?

T9, smells like free XP ship. Or ranked reward.

[NSF]
Beta Testers
4,995 posts
5,965 battles
13 minutes ago, Avalon304 said:

Why? Alaska would have 74,700 HP. Its only about 7.5k health. Thats not that bad a difference even at tier 9. (I dont think tier has a direct effect on HP).

Considering Moskva is sitting on a displacement very close to Alaska and B-65 and has 65,400 HP, I doubt Alaska/B-65 will be seeing anywhere close to 74,700.

Sign in to follow this