Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
TexJapan

Something Different..Thank You WoWs

11 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

212
[VFW]
Members
899 posts
20,631 battles

Thank you WoWs for a very good game.   Sometime I think players forget or don't know how much this game has developed and changed over time....for the good.

  I've been playing WoWs since it went open Sept 2015 and it is continually evolving and improving thanks to WoWs staff.   Sure, there has been some bone head moves, unpopular changes, and occasional PR blunders, but overall I believe  they want to provide a good game and respect the players.  There is no way to improve if you don't make some mistakes along the way.

  I keep up with the forums and sometimes the "it's WG fault...they hate us....they are only a business...etc" gets old so I want to just say "Thank you".

Things I enjoy:

Holiday events/specials, daily missions, campaigns, new ship lines, incorporation of good "mods", the LETs BATTLE TOUR (very well organized, fun), improvements to game controls/UI, high detail of historical ships.

Things that need some improvement:

UI/controls on CVs (last UI change was welcomed...now go a bit further), more user control of profile tab sub tabs, increase impact of Karma system.  (not here to go into full detail, just quick overview)

  Bottom line...Thanks for a good game.  Keep up the good work and don't let the negative overwhelm the good.

Very Respectfully,

TexJapan

  • Cool 9

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,582
[SALVO]
Members
16,618 posts
17,276 battles

Some good stuff there, Tex.  Except one thing.  I don't want to see the impact of the Karma system increased.  I want to see it REMOVED!!!

 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
391
[WOLF5]
Members
1,489 posts
2,045 battles

I agree. It's a very good game. I am not a gamer, but I really enjoy WOWS. Of course there are problems, but they're relatively minor. With a few hiccups, it's been a great experience.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
290
[CK5]
Members
781 posts
6,184 battles

I agree, it is a terrific game and I enjoy my time with it.  However, the karma system needs to be eliminated, not enhanced.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
2,748 posts
6,232 battles

Agree with everything and ditch the karma thing. It isn't used correctly and most simply ignore it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Testers
578 posts
990 battles

Ah this is a breath of fresh air... always nice to see some positivity on these here forums.

I have been here since the beginning of the closed betas... and I am staggered by the progress that has been made. Lots of obstacle and hiccups along the way but overall stellar performance by WG.

<0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
212
[VFW]
Members
899 posts
20,631 battles
On 2/5/2018 at 9:56 AM, Crucis said:

Some good stuff there, Tex.  Except one thing.  I don't want to see the impact of the Karma system increased.  I want to see it REMOVED!!!

 

  Why remove the Karma system?   It's the only lasting way to let a player know if they are good or bad.   Understand it can be abused, but right now if I want to complement a player...Karma...if I want to show that bad play is not rewarded...Karma.  

  Sure, there could be improvements like better rewards for XX amount of good Karma or better notification of good/bad Karma after the game (sometime doesn't show...just have to know your Karma count).   I've gotten bad Karma for reasons I could not figure (other than being a CV player) or bad Karma for a bone head move on my part (deserved) but I don't blame the system in place and like that I have an option to comment on individual game play.

  I overall prefer Karma over the past and current method of either SALT in the game chat, after game private Chat message, or PM your mail  (had all methods done to me).  Most of the later are folks who are butt hurt over getting wrecked and don't want to admit they derped or are not skilled.

V/R,

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,582
[SALVO]
Members
16,618 posts
17,276 battles
2 hours ago, TexJapan said:

  Why remove the Karma system?   It's the only lasting way to let a player know if they are good or bad.   Understand it can be abused, but right now if I want to complement a player...Karma...if I want to show that bad play is not rewarded...Karma.  

  Sure, there could be improvements like better rewards for XX amount of good Karma or better notification of good/bad Karma after the game (sometime doesn't show...just have to know your Karma count).   I've gotten bad Karma for reasons I could not figure (other than being a CV player) or bad Karma for a bone head move on my part (deserved) but I don't blame the system in place and like that I have an option to comment on individual game play.

  I overall prefer Karma over the past and current method of either SALT in the game chat, after game private Chat message, or PM your mail  (had all methods done to me).  Most of the later are folks who are butt hurt over getting wrecked and don't want to admit they derped or are not skilled.

V/R,

 

The karma system is nothing but a popularity contest and a pathetically useless one at that.  It was a waste of time and effort to create.  And it should be removed before they waste any more time and effort on this pathetically useless system.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
212
[VFW]
Members
899 posts
20,631 battles
7 hours ago, Crucis said:

The karma system is nothing but a popularity contest and a pathetically useless one at that.  It was a waste of time and effort to create.  And it should be removed before they waste any more time and effort on this pathetically useless system.

 

Wow, there are some feelings there...

Popularity contest...hummm.   Well Ok but I respectfully disagree.   I don't give out compliments because I like the player, I give out compliments because I like how they played and fought for the team in the match.  The opposite is true for bad Karma.

VR,

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,582
[SALVO]
Members
16,618 posts
17,276 battles
11 hours ago, TexJapan said:

Wow, there are some feelings there...

Popularity contest...hummm.   Well Ok but I respectfully disagree.   I don't give out compliments because I like the player, I give out compliments because I like how they played and fought for the team in the match.  The opposite is true for bad Karma.

VR,

 

I rarely ever give compliments.  I do give "reports" for people who are being real jerks in chat.  I don't give out "plays poorly" reports just because the player isn't that good, but I will do so if I think that they played stupidly.  I don't see lacking talent as report worthy (at least for me), but I do see outright stupidity that way.  Call it a personal bugaboo. 

But overall, I would still just prefer that the entire karma system went away because it's useless as (bleep)s on a bull.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
212
[VFW]
Members
899 posts
20,631 battles

New Update is good, only would of not had the Midways fighters nerfed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×