Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
TheDreadnought

Damage farmers are hurting themselves - thanks!

31 comments in this topic

[WOLF2]
Beta Testers
3,804 posts

I see a lot of teams throwing games now because their battleships are too busy trying to farm damage to earn an emblem, that they spend the game hiding and cowering in corners.  (Even more than they used to.)

I just want to say a personal "thank you" to all these players for making it so much easier for me to win.  I really appreciate it.

Plus, because I'm easily obliterating all these cowering sheep, you guys have already given me a couple of the battleship emblems.  Also appreciate that.  Thanks!  Keep up the bad play!

• Boring 6

[STW]
Members
658 posts
4,340 battles

This is not new in WOWS, just more of the same

Edited by Deviathan
  • Cool 1

[MEIST]
Members
795 posts
2,952 battles

Nothing has changed BBs have been sitting in the back way before the emblems ever came out.

• Cool 1

Members
588 posts

If more BBS would just sail in a straight line when shooting their guns from the rear they would farm lots more damage!  Twisting and turning BAD!!!!   Straight line shooting GOOD!

Edited by Toxic_Potato
  • Funny 1

[OPG]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
2,872 posts
10,416 battles

Q. So what wins games? 

A. Killing enemy ships.

Q. What kills enemy ships?

A. Doing damage to them

• Cool 1

[WOLF2]
Beta Testers
3,804 posts
3 minutes ago, Fog_Battleship_NCarolina said:

Q. So what wins games? 

A. Killing enemy ships.

Q. What kills enemy ships?

A. Doing damage to them

So the ships with the highest average damage, should have the highest win rates, right?  Wrong.

Doing:

• The right type of damage
  • To the right ships

Is what wins games.  Racking up huge amounts of burn damage on battleships doesn't really contribute much to the win.

A 2,500 of damage to finish off a destroyer is much more tactically significant than 30,000 points of fire damage to a fresh battleship, most of which will get healed back anyway.

• Cool 2

[OPG]
2,872 posts
10,416 battles
1 minute ago, TheDreadnought said:

So the ships with the highest average damage, should have the highest win rates, right?  Wrong.

Doing:

• The right type of damage
  • To the right ships

Is what wins games.  Racking up huge amounts of burn damage on battleships doesn't really contribute much to the win.

Let's look at t10 for the last 2 weeks

DDs- Khan and Yueyang: highest damage and highest wr

CV- Midway: Highest damage and highest wr

Cruisers- Hindenburgnearly highest damage (600 behind Henri which is second in wr) and highest wr

BBs- Gk highest wr, but conq is second for wr with highest damage

Yes, I think damage wins games

[WOLF2]
Beta Testers
3,804 posts
8 minutes ago, Fog_Battleship_NCarolina said:

Cruisers- Hindenburgnearly highest damage (600 behind Henri which is second in wr) and highest wr

So half the ship categories, looking only at tier 10, the highest average damage, does not have the highest win rate. . . . including Battleships, which typically do the most damage.

Expand that past tier 10 and see how true that is.  I'm guessing its even worse.

Are you claiming this isn't true:

2,500 points of damage to finish off a destroyer is much more tactically significant than 30,000 points of fire damage to a fresh battleship, most of which will get healed back anyway.

[OPG]
2,872 posts
10,416 battles
2 minutes ago, TheDreadnought said:

So half the ship categories, looking only at tier 10, the highest average damage, does not have the highest win rate. . . . including Battleships, which typically do the most damage.

Expand that past tier 10 and see how true that is.  I'm guessing its even worse.

Are you claiming this isn't true:

Okay. I did actually bc I was curious. T10 is one of the only tiers where a ship with the highest average damage doesn't have the highest wr. Check the stats for the last 2 weeks for every class of ships at every tier and in literally every case, the ship with the highest damage also has the highest wr.

[WOLF2]
Beta Testers
3,804 posts
Just now, Fog_Battleship_NCarolina said:

Okay. I did actually bc I was curious. T10 is one of the only tiers where a ship with the highest average damage doesn't have the highest wr. Check the stats for the last 2 weeks for every class of ships at every tier and in literally every case, the ship with the highest damage also has the highest wr.

Damage farming FTW I guess.  Taking caps and finishing off the wounded be damned.

Members
3,360 posts
3,915 battles

Everybody approaches this game differently - you cannot mind anyone but yourself. 

Personally, I am almost always one of the lead ships/damage soakers on my flank. I shoot cruisers and DDs first until those targets are either eliminated or out of range. I always prioritize broadside or poorly angled targets. 

Yapping about people "hiding" in the back - especially battleships - is old hat. I see cruisers doing the same thing all the time. And, as a result, my team often loses because it didn't concentrate its forces or focus fire. This is not a type-specific problem.

[OPG]
2,872 posts
10,416 battles
Just now, TheDreadnought said:

Damage farming FTW I guess.  Taking caps and finishing off the wounded be damned.

Did you check? Literally with only 4 very minor exceptions (I didn't check below t4) the ships with the highest wr also have the highest damage. 

[-AIM-]
Members
342 posts
1,023 battles
1 hour ago, jager_geist said:

Nothing has changed BBs have been sitting in the back way before the emblems ever came out.

This is true they always do that never help the team and than wonder why PVP is such a lose and why many players don't play it. All the Emblem stuff really did was make theme camp even harder which is sad.

[WOLF2]
Beta Testers
3,804 posts
3 minutes ago, Fog_Battleship_NCarolina said:

Did you check? Literally with only 4 very minor exceptions (I didn't check below t4) the ships with the highest wr also have the highest damage. 

I just agreed with you.

[OPG]
2,872 posts
10,416 battles
Just now, TheDreadnought said:

I just agreed with you.

Must farm more damage, my average is only 80k

Members
2,274 posts
7,355 battles
1 hour ago, TheDreadnought said:

I see a lot of teams throwing games now because their battleships are too busy trying to farm damage to earn an emblem, that they spend the game hiding and cowering in corners.  (Even more than they used to.)

I just want to say a personal "thank you" to all these players for making it so much easier for me to win.  I really appreciate it.

Plus, because I'm easily obliterating all these cowering sheep, you guys have already given me a couple of the battleship emblems.  Also appreciate that.  Thanks!  Keep up the bad play!

Damage farming is a issue? Yes. People trow games doing that? Yes. Only or mostly BBs do that? No. 

Im tired of seeing DDs going all they way around the map to "hunt" BBs and CVs, ignoring objectives and team play. Im tired of seeing cruisers spamming HE on BBs (wich can be repaired) ignoring DDs, other cruisers and objectives. 

• Cool 1

[D12]
3,065 posts
8,857 battles
37 minutes ago, Fog_Battleship_NCarolina said:

Um Kills do?  You can farm damage all you want. But you come to be the last person, that 200k means jack.

[-AIM-]
Members
342 posts
1,023 battles
2 minutes ago, Xlap said:

Damage farming is a issue? Yes. People trow games doing that? Yes. Only or mostly BBs do that? No. 

Im tired of seeing DDs going all they way around the map to "hunt" BBs and CVs, ignoring objectives and team play. Im tired of seeing cruisers spamming HE on BBs (wich can be repaired) ignoring DDs, other cruisers and objectives. 

Cruisers and DDs wont help you if you wont shot the ship that can kill theme that simple. I am a Cruiser player and am tired of carrying other players in BBs all the time then made the bad guy when I refuse to carry theme anymore. Getting tired of BBs not shooting the enemy BB and other Cruisers why they are in the back playing look at the water go by instead of doing there first part of there name battle. Cruiser will spam HE on a BB cause the company refuses to address the fact they purposely nerfed the pee out of Cruisers to appease the camping BBs. DDs will run to the back to get the CVs and CLs and CAs cause the BB wont do theme themselves forcing DD and Cl CA players to do 3 times the work for 6 times the bullying on theme.

So if you are a BB change the camping by doing battle you be amazed that the Cruiser player might help you and prevent fighters from getting you o the DD you want help then help the ones you bashing first. Cruisers wont help BB cause where tired of getting one shotted by a BB that you can shot but refuse to cause the ship cler on the other side of the map seems to be more important than the one 10 feet from you.

[-AIM-]
Members
342 posts
1,023 battles
Just now, Nachoo31 said:

Um Kills do?  You can farm damage all you want. But you come to be the last person, that 200k means jack.

Great point there do all the damage you want when your dead as a BB player cause you refused to help your Cl CA and DDs so they left you to die don't cry stop the camping and engage that first part of your name BATTLEship not RUNAWAYship.

[OPG]
2,872 posts
10,416 battles
10 minutes ago, MikeDSp said:

Great point there do all the damage you want when your dead as a BB player cause you refused to help your Cl CA and DDs so they left you to die don't cry stop the camping and engage that first part of your name BATTLEship not RUNAWAYship.

Whoever said I run? And last I checked I win more games than I lose in my bbs

[-AIM-]
Members
342 posts
1,023 battles
2 minutes ago, Fog_Battleship_NCarolina said:

Whoever said I run? And last I checked I win more games than I lose in my bbs

Not everyone does don't get me wrong I have seen many a good BB players don't get me wrong, but even you have to admit there is more bad BB players than good ones. And usually the bad ones are the ones screaming about why this and why that the good ones usually see why Cruiser and Destroyers do what they do. Why risk my ship helping a bad BB player when he or she has done nothing to help o the team.

[OPG]
2,872 posts
10,416 battles
Just now, MikeDSp said:

Not everyone does don't get me wrong I have seen many a good BB players don't get me wrong, but even you have to admit there is more bad BB players than good ones. And usually the bad ones are the ones screaming about why this and why that the good ones usually see why Cruiser and Destroyers do what they do. Why risk my ship helping a bad BB player when he or she has done nothing to help o the team.

The same goes for every class. At least a bad player in a bb will live as a meatshield for a while, a bad cruiser or dd just dies and does nothing

Alpha Tester
3,476 posts
1,521 battles
1 hour ago, TheDreadnought said:

Sorry to say this but emblems have had nothing to do with this style of play because its been around since nearly the release of the game, at least on the NA server.  I don't know why but in this game and virtually every other game I have ever played, you average NA player is always timid and defensive and are very afraid to venture out or take chances which is why the NA server has such a poor game play experience often as not.  

Sign in to follow this