You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
TheDreadnought

Emblems make you a target

20 comments in this topic

[WOLF2]
Beta Testers
3,789 posts

I've picked up a couple of the battleship emblems so far.

Since then I've noticed a lot more steel rain being focused my way than usual.  I think there are some people out there that once they see you have an emblem, call you out for focus fire.

Does anybody on the forum do this?  Just curious.

• Boring 1

[HINON]
[HINON]
Members
3,805 posts
4,224 battles

I don't use any mods or MM monitors, so I don't. I consider them unfair advantages.

Members
1,334 posts
1,343 battles

Lol really? Most people can't even read a map much less focues you becuase you have a shiny badge. It's probaly just coincidance. 

I for one could care less if they have a nice badge.... an emblem, perhaps but I won't seek out that one player to sink. 

• Cool 1

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
4,112 posts
8,676 battles

Well I am so bad at Random it seem to happen to me anyway :cap_haloween:

[OO7]
Alpha Tester
6,692 posts
3,459 battles

Where are emblems even displayed? Do you even see them before you're killed? None of the stat trackers even account for emblems.

[WOLF2]
Beta Testers
3,789 posts
6 minutes ago, Madwolf05 said:

Where are emblems even displayed? Do you even see them before you're killed? None of the stat trackers even account for emblems.

You can scroll through the team display and see them.

[CK5]
Members
781 posts
6,184 battles

Focusing on players with emblems is a complete waste of time and I have not yet seen any players singled out because they have them.  Any players identified for focus fire in game seem to be legitimate targets for the attention.  I think the OP is imagining something.    

• Cool 2

[OO7]
Alpha Tester
6,692 posts
3,459 battles

Didn't know that. I'm not sure it matters though, most people won't know each emblem unless they're running a specific one.

[LUCK]
Members
1,275 posts
18,969 battles

Uh no. I'm still looking for the turn it off setting or at the very least a null patch and insignia.

I will always have the default nonsense attached to my profile.

[MIA-A]
Members
1,946 posts
6,549 battles

I don't bother looking at them.

I've considered running as low of ones as I can just to avoid this though..

[STW]
Members
658 posts
4,336 battles
Just now, PrairiePlayer said:

Focusing on players with emblems is a complete waste of time and I have not yet seen any players singled out because they have them.  Any players identified for focus fire in game seem to be legitimate targets for the attention.  I think the OP is imagining something.

I agree that it's highly unlikely that anyone gets focused because of their emblems, but I do think there are a lot more people running MM Monitor than there used to be (either that or there's just a lot of really bad target selection going on).  I can't tell you how often I get people actively ignoring better targets to keep trying to get at me.

Members
587 posts

Yes, bigger issue is that playing a BB gets your data and now badges put out to the opposing team. You will be seen so yes it might add to The opposing teams decision making.  Been enjoying playing DD lately...wonder why?   

[OPG]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
2,872 posts
10,416 battles

Better for the enemy to focus me than a potato that doesn't know how to survive.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Members
5,328 posts
9,387 battles

At any time in battle, just hit <TAB> and hover mouse pointer over the names..  The badges show up.

No mods..  nothing special..  just using standard controls.

[-K-]
[-K-]
Members
196 posts
5,634 battles

I'd be more concerned with seeing a top clan tag on the red team than somebody's emblem. 

Edited by Simers72
  • Cool 1

[-I-]
Members
721 posts
8,136 battles
3 minutes ago, Simers72 said:

I'd be more concerned with seeing a top clan tag on the red team than somebody's emblem. 

What he said.  Anyone can grind for those emblems; some people do nothing but these days.  

[DAY]
Members
1,154 posts
11,500 battles

doesnt mean anything aside from "you played 100 games in 1 ship class since patch"

• Cool 1

[--V--]
Members
481 posts
10,609 battles
2 hours ago, PrairiePlayer said:

Or OP is just wanting to toot his own horn about achieving an emblem.  I could care less about them.

Edited by SeaborneSumo