You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Wowzery

Favorite BB Line

Favorite line of battleships  

38 members have voted

1. 1. Favorite Line of Battleships

• British
    • United States
    • Japan
    • German
    • Bacon
    • No bacon

21 comments in this topic

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
15,240 posts
8,815 battles

I like the Germans the most with the US & British in a tie next, with the Japanese trailing behind in last although for tier 6 operations I really do like the Fuso.

[ARP2]
Members
1,224 posts
3,569 battles

Opinions are great and all, so long as everyone understands "Japanese" is the correct answer.  Bacon being a very VERY close second.

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
4,112 posts
8,676 battles

Bacon, I have not found one I like yet.:Smile_honoring:

Members
4,149 posts
17 minutes ago, Chaos_EN2 said:

Bacon, I have not found one I like yet.:Smile_honoring:

I feel that way with the destroyer lines.  Though, with cruisers I enjoy the French line the best.

Battleships, I enjoy the US line the best.  Yes most are slow, but they have good guns, good armor and good AA which allows me to be flexible in battle.

Alpha Tester
1,945 posts

I'll wait for Italian and Russian battleship lines to appear in WoWS before I decide on my favourite.

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
4,112 posts
8,676 battles
6 minutes ago, Wowzery said:

I feel that way with the destroyer lines.  Though, with cruisers I enjoy the French line the best.

Battleships, I enjoy the US line the best.  Yes most are slow, but they have good guns, good armor and good AA which allows me to be flexible in battle.

Well lets put it this way about destroyers ----- I suck:cap_haloween:IJN, USN, KM, Russian, Pan-Asian, etc.

BBs I do better in, KM or RN but I still prefer my cruisers, my fave is HSF Graf Spee.

Members
1,334 posts
1,343 battles
24 minutes ago, Chaos_EN2 said:

BBs I do better in, KM or RN but I still prefer my cruisers, my fave is HSF Graf Spee.

Hmm I wonder why?

*HE PTSD intesifies*

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
4,112 posts
8,676 battles
Just now, Incendiary_Tanker said:

Hmm I wonder why?

*HE PTSD intesifies*

Nope, I liked them for the history, and BTW I use both HE and AP depending on what my target is and how it is facing my ship.:Smile_honoring:

Members
1,334 posts
1,343 battles
3 minutes ago, Chaos_EN2 said:

Nope, I liked them for the history, and BTW I use both HE and AP depending on what my target is and how it is facing my ship.:Smile_honoring:

Oh that's good to hear. Someone who isn't a mindless HE spammer who at teir X can't angle. :fish_palm:

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
4,112 posts
8,676 battles
5 minutes ago, Incendiary_Tanker said:

Oh that's good to hear. Someone who isn't a mindless HE spammer who at teir X can't angle. :fish_palm:

Well do not watch my Lord_Zath video - HSF Graf Spee, :cap_haloween:LOL it will look I am one LoL:cap_haloween:

I swear I thought I changed over to AP!!!!!

And I am going to restart the USN BB line, since I have the Alabama now.

Edited by Chaos_EN2
  • Funny 1

Members
626 posts
1,630 battles

My opinion is UK has the best overall BB's, Germany probably has the best free line. I'd pick UK in a heartbeat if premiums were part of a line, but I gave up on the UK line at T6 and have made it to T7 in the German line and have the XP to get to T9 even though I'm going to stop where I am. 

[KNMSU]
Members
1,523 posts
818 battles

KMM. Very friendly/forgiving ships, and fun to play. Only downside is horrid dispersion.

Beta Testers
222 posts
4,112 battles

Its a tough question. I picked US because I enjoy them the most at higher tiers but Germans are close. It really depends on the tier. 

T2: Mikasa because there is no other choice. Its not that good. 

T3: Nassau. I thought Bellerophon would replace it with its better range but I still enjoy Nassau more and tend to do better with it. Plus I have the halloween camo for it. 

T4: Arkansas Beta. Its a mini Montana with the accuracy mod and 6.8 km secondaries at T4 is lulz. Kaiser is a fun ship as well. 

T5: tough choice. I dont play it a lot but I have enjoyed Iron Duke here. Probably more than any other tech tree RN BB. 

T6: Tough choice again but Warspite takes it. Bayern is pretty close. I like New Mex as well but she struggles more when uptiered due to her speed and the reload is painful. 

T7: Scharnhorst. The turret rotation and reload speed more than make up for the lower caliber. Nagato is nice as well. I enjoyed Colorado but the slow speed really hurts. 

T8: North Carolina.  Possibly my favorite ship in the game. Good guns, armor that works when used properly. Decent speed, and when uptiered it has the advantage of good cam and a tighter turning circle than the bigger behemoths that come afterwards. 

T9: Big Freddie. This is my worst tier but I can usually live long enough to squeeze a half decent game out of FDG. 

T10: Montana. I haven't played this since I took a break from the game over the past couple months but I like it. The guns work, the armor works with angling, it can get where it needs to be, and it can scare off CVs. My biggest struggle at this tier is using the right amount of aggression. I also had a Yamato but I got mad and rage sold it one day. Maybe I will buy it back someday when I get better at high tiers. I do not have a Grosser Kurfurst.  

[ARS]
Beta Testers
2,169 posts
1,656 battles

Can't vote for two so didn't vote.

Japan and USA.

[ARS]
Beta Testers
2,169 posts
1,656 battles
2 hours ago, Wowzery said:

Slightly surprised at how the British line is doing, its just beating out no bacon.

That's because WGing screwed up on it badly.

For my part I lost interest when the Tier X became HMS Montana.  They've never even tried to tweak the numbers to make the 457mm guns more viable.