You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Reymu

Weekend spree

11 comments in this topic

[NG-NL]
Members
4,971 posts
8,124 battles

Didn't play at all Saturday, got in several matches on Sunday. 3/4 wins, lost on poor Iowa.

Z-23 beat everyone in a T8-10 w/ CV, DM with me knew how to teamwork, provided radar and AA cover while I spotted. Topped the score chart with over 2.2K base XP, 2 kills, over 100K damage, and a DS from a Minotaur I torped (just wasted DC on a fire, so he flooded to death).

Yamato got a new personal best: Falls to Yugumo w/ TRB. Sneaky jerk took advantage of my lacking a DD screen and hit me with 4 waves of torps. Immediate repair got me killed. MO next to me beached, but at least my corpse protected him from worst of the torps--however, fan service problem:

jN8e3I8.jpg

Just purchased the Algerie, so at some point I'll want to begin playing to get her upgraded hull and range.

[SIM]
Members
2,453 posts
4,093 battles

Reinstalled on Sunday, played a few decent games in Roma, a few hit or miss games in Musashi, got sank by Lert in my Makarov, and tried to play Duca d’Aosta. Tried. That poor ship.

[-BRS-]
Members
1,613 posts
13,249 battles

Well it was average my burnout is real on this game though just can't seem be inspired buy anything above t8 just because I'm sick of being cannon fodder t10 games

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
4,112 posts
8,676 battles

Well I gave Random a try again, lost some and won a few. My little HSF Graf Spee did the best, my new Alabama was fresh meat for the Red Team, but it was gift so I had to try it at least once. 

[WOLF5]
Members
1,140 posts
8,303 battles

Friday really good, Saturday meh, Sunday meh - struggling for wins.

I was playing mostly PA and Soviet DDs - Fushun, Ognevoi, and Tashkent - with an eye toward the sales at the end of the month - my intention is to be able to purchase the Shenyang (which I had unlocked before the New Year's Raid, and looks fun), Gajah Mada, Udaloi, and Khabarovsk during their respective discounts.  Khaba is now unlocked.  I'm a bit salty about the losing run I got on toward the end with the Tashkent, which leaves me at 50% for my "natural" grind with the ship, though I intend to keep it and play it more in the future.  It is a great ship when you can play it to its strengths - I just keep finding myself in low DD (or DD disadvantage) domination games in which I feel like I need to try to cap with it.

Meanwhile, I will still have Z-23, Amagi, and Saint Louis (the French one) on layaway awaiting a buying opportunity.

I played a bit of Shiratsuyu as well.  I had one game where I nailed a full-health Scharnhorst with five upgraded Shira torpedoes in one salvo and didn't kill him.  Let's see, with 25% torp damage reduction (natural plus module) that is 64623 damage; a Scharnhorst has 56300 hp.  That's some unlucky damage saturation, yo.  Yes, I left him with about 300 hp, yes he was promptly finished by someone else to the benefit of my team, in which there is no I...but c'mon, man!

[WOLF1]
Members
2,632 posts
8,240 battles

Completed grinds on Shenyang, Fushun, and Shchors. Ready for the credit discounts on the next ships in the line later in the month.

[SHAFT]
Members
166 posts
10,022 battles

Just tried having fun this weekend.

Dropped down to tier 6-7 mostly, ran premiums to get the 100% bonus....still didn't do too bad...35 games with 63% win rate.

When I got tired of the BB campers, especially on Haven...jumped in my Atlanta with my 19pt DM captain and did operations with type 69 camo and lots of flags.

Amazing how just pew pewing bots can bring down the frustration levels. Had quite a few games with over 175K damage....one mil credits and tons of commander xp.

[NOOOB]
Members
1,441 posts
12,100 battles

Finally broke down and bought the Roma.  Was quickly reminded part of the downside of buying tier 8 premiums as my first random was a tier 10 on Ocean.  Felt like a short-ranged younger brother running after the bigger kids, crying”let me play”.  I have an extensive collection of tier 8 premiums ( and tech tree ships) and just tired of every first match when I jump into a tier 8 ship being a tier 10 match ( especially if you are in a tier 8 DD or cruiser).  

Edited by Panzer1113

[NG-NL]
Members
4,971 posts
8,124 battles
5 hours ago, Carrier_Lexington said:

Thought it said, "Weekend Spee." Was disappointed. :Smile_sad:

If I were a Graf Spee main, that'd fit.

However, ARP Myoko took the prize long ago.

4 hours ago, Panzer1113 said:

Finally broke down and bought the Roma.  Was quickly reminded part of the downside of buying tier 8 premiums as my first random was a tier 10 on Ocean.  Felt like a short-ranged younger brother running after the bigger kids, crying”let me play”.  I have an extensive collection of tier 8 premiums ( and tech tree ships) and just tired of every first match when I jump into a tier 8 ship being a tier 10 match ( especially if you are in a tier 8 DD or cruiser).  

That problem seems to have gotten worse since sometime last year, if remember right. Most of the T8s uptier well, but in short-ranged or weak-armor ones like Atago and Chappy, it gets very wearisome.

[NOOOB]
Members
1,441 posts
12,100 battles
38 minutes ago, Reymu said:

If I were a Graf Spee main, that'd fit.

However, ARP Myoko took the prize long ago.

That problem seems to have gotten worse since sometime last year, if remember right. Most of the T8s uptier well, but in short-ranged or weak-armor ones like Atago and Chappy, it gets very wearisome.

That seems to be my perception also.  Many of the tier 8 ships are very competitive, just get tired that every first match ends up being a tier 10 match.  I also bought the Harekaze a few weeks ago, to take advantage of the missions.  I try to play at least once per day to get the containers, and each of the 15 days I have played it, first random is always a tier 10.  I have sometimes had to play multiple times to get a win, some times it takes a couple of games (close together), to be high tier.  This seems to be consistent with all my tier 8, though BBs not quite as often.  Getting to be a sore point.