You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Xero_Snake

Development & new information about Stalingrad - 75th anniversary of Battle of Stalingrad

40 comments in this topic

Members
5,001 posts
60 battles

As announced several months earlier, we finally have the information about the Pr. 82 Stalingrad - this top tier heavy/battlecruiser is going to be available to top Clan players as the reward ship for testing in the wake of the celebration of the 75th anniversary of the Battle of Stalingrad, the bloodiest war in the Russian history.

Still, we yet to know if the devs would or are working on the possible Soviet battlecruiser line, since there is also the Pr. 69 Kronshtadt.

For more information & inquiry about the Soviet battlecruisers, you can always feel free to drop by in my dedicate battlecruiser line proposal thread for discussions. It's in my signature.

Edited by Xero_Snake
  • Cool 1

[-TAB-]
Members
1,317 posts
6,885 battles

and this is why Wargaming will continue to not receive even penny from me and other big whales that I know. Completely unique ships should never be released as gated rewards. Salem is essentially a reskin and prime candidate for a CW/Ranked reward, just like Black, etc etc. Stalingrad is not only unique but the devs are even admitting in their own video that it will be the "top ship" in their game. I mean, I am taken back by their desire to lose money.

Other game companies learned this a decade (and more) ago.

Edited by zarth12
  • Cool 3
  • Bad 1

[WOLF1]
Members
1,984 posts

put it in the tech tree, tens of thousands will benefit instead of a handful, WG can ask for the handful for money, wish some of them are billionaire and will donate them a million, lol

Edited by Happy668

[-TAB-]
Members
1,317 posts
6,885 battles
1 minute ago, Happy668 said:

put it in the tech tree, tens of thousands will benefit instead of handful, WG can ask for the handful for money, wish some of them are billionaire, lol

Agreed.

Even Musashi and Mo. make more sense as a CW/Ranked reward than Stalingrad...

Edited by zarth12

[HINON]
Members
8,791 posts
8 minutes ago, zarth12 said:

and this is why Wargaming will continue to not receive even penny from me and other big whales that I know. Completely unique ships should never be released as gated rewards. Salem is essentially a reskin and prime candidate for a CW/Ranked reward, just like Black, etc etc. Stalingrad is not only unique but the devs are even admitting in their own video that it will be the "top ship" in their game. I mean, I am taken back by their desire to lose money.

I believe the devs alluded on reddit I think that this won't be the only way to get this ship. Seems likely though that the clanwars players will probably have access to the ship first though based on the devs statements. I think this was all brought up in the Stalingrad update thread someone started a few days ago.

[-TAB-]
Members
1,317 posts
6,885 battles
1 minute ago, RipNuN2 said:

I believe the devs alluded on reddit I think that this won't be the only way to get this ship. Seems likely though that the clanwars players will probably have access to the ship first though based on the devs statements. I think this was all brought up in the Stalingrad update thread someone started a few days ago.

Hopefully that is true, but I know for myself, I will stand by the promise of not giving another penny until I see it offered in game by other means not gated like CW

Beta Testers
1,287 posts
3,583 battles

As I said aren't people tired of clan wars and powercreeped rewards? Come on over to the Russian cruiser section if anyone feels like it. 

[WOLF1]
Members
1,984 posts
1 minute ago, RipNuN2 said:

clan wars, WG needs to understand clan war is just another option to benefit all players, to gain more players, not to "force" them to play their new "invention", if most of the players don't care about clan wars, use some magic ship to make them play the way they don't like to play is doing it backward, bad idea

[TBOW]
[TBOW]
Members
1,127 posts
10,000 battles

Had Clan Battles not been subject to shenaningans in the first season (and there is no clear indication that future seasons will not be subject to manipulation by certain Clans), it would not be such an issue for me. 

Members
5,001 posts
60 battles

I just hope ranked battle reward isn't the only way, since there is another battlecruiser came before Stalingrad & it would be a waste not to be included. For now, I think it's probably at the stage of testing the water. Hopefully this wouldn't be final.

[TASH]
Members
4,990 posts
7,876 battles

Here come all the comments about "This ship is the reason why I will never give money to WG" and "Russian Bias confirmed"

:Smile_popcorn:

[AHOY_]
Beta Testers
6,408 posts
3,407 battles

We can stop ranting about it being a CW-only reward for now. Hold the pitchforks and torches for if and when WG decides to walk back their statements.

Quoting Sub_Octavian over on Reddit:

Guys,

We do know that not all of you play CB.

We do work on design of high-tier activities that will allow you to get goodies like including Stalingrad without direct CB engagements.

We hear you, and love you.

Don't rage over this one please:) It's just about the ship and its creation, not about the actual release and ways of distribution.

Cheers:)

Also included Octavian's correction that Stalingrad is indeed included in their plans for alternate means of acquisition. Just click on the link hidden behind the word "including" if it isn't obvious (I've no idea if it displays differently on mobile or across different browsers).

Another one of his quotes:

I really cannot share the details, but the point is, we do want such goodies to be rewards for skilled / high-tier play, but not way too limited. Don't expect it to be an easy walk, but don't expect it to be only for top 0,5% unicums either. We will do our best to keep it reasonably balanced.

He just hasn't specified whether it'll be limited to PvP only or include PvE. For sure though, it seems that it will require T8-T10 play to attain Stalingrad via alternate means, at the very least.

Again, we can stop ranting about it being a CW-only reward for now. Hold the pitchforks and torches for if and when WG decides to walk back their statements.

• Cool 2

[70]
Members
959 posts
3,691 battles
8 minutes ago, Cruiser_Fiume said:

I wouldn't want it even if it was free. I really, really detest Soviet Russia.

I play Soviet ships for one reason only: "Ahahahahaha look at their overwhelming sense of inadequacy forcing them to give their ships the longest ranged radar when they didn't actually have any naval radar until after the [edited]JAPANESE AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA"

And of course the mid-tier cruisers are "well at least they're not OP..." due to getting citted far too often and the DDs have AIDS torpedoes. Moskva is of course an abomination.

• Cool 1

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
8,780 posts
14,775 battles

I'm not bothered by the ship basically being a reward ship (got used to that with Flint and Black), nor with the fact that it will be OP as hell and unreasonably so (got used to that with Nickolai, Khab, and Moskva), but instead the fact that WoW is releasing this ship to commemorate a land battle which had absolutely nothing to do with ships at all, when it did nothing for the Jutland anniversary, and continues to ignore many other ships of nations which many players in the game have asked for, because they apparently aren't Russian. (cough, Haida, cough). Ya, I get it, it's a Russian game; but this is like releasing a tier 10, totally OP version of Alaska to help us remember Gettysburg! And a Russian battlecruiser line? What is next, historic South American CV's?

Why would anyone, ever, say there was Russian bias in this game?

[-TAB-]
Members
1,317 posts
6,885 battles
1 hour ago, YamatoA150 said:

We can stop ranting about it being a CW-only reward for now. Hold the pitchforks and torches for if and when WG decides to walk back their statements.

Quoting Sub_Octavian over on Reddit:

Also included Octavian's correction that Stalingrad is indeed included in their plans for alternate means of acquisition. Just click on the link hidden behind the word "including" if it isn't obvious (I've no idea if it displays differently on mobile or across different browsers).

Another one of his quotes:

He just hasn't specified whether it'll be limited to PvP only or include PvE. For sure though, it seems that it will require T8-T10 play to attain Stalingrad via alternate means, at the very least.

Again, we can stop ranting about it being a CW-only reward for now. Hold the pitchforks and torches for if and when WG decides to walk back their statements.

Until I see patch notes that show otherwise, consider the pitch fork still lit. Those words are very generalized and easily considered as twisted.

"without direct CB engagements"... to me at least.... sounds like CB progress on CB mission will be Clan-wide just like rating changes....
Which still makes it no less of a gated reward.

The second quote as well still sounds like zero change.... or very little

not sure why the concept of Cosmetic rewards only for gated content is such a hard concept to grasp. Only the game companies doomed for failure time and time again failed to turn from the one WG is following.

Edited by zarth12

Members
3,360 posts
3,915 battles
25 minutes ago, Umikami said:

Why would anyone, ever, say there was Russian bias in this game?

Everything I need to know about communist Russia can be summed up by the regime's first act: shooting a bunch of children because they happened to be the Tsar's kids. 

I have no sympathy for the modern country or its history since 1917; I have no desire to revel in their supposedly glorious "great patriotic war." I certainly - certainly - do not wish to fly their colors in this fraud boat that wound up as a target hulk because the Soviet Navy couldn't get its act together. 

What irks me the most, though, is that the marketing of this game is the same in both Russia and Europe and the United States - as if we in the west are supposed to collectively sigh and applaud over Stalingrad. So evil defeated evil? And the ultimate result was the enslavement of eastern Europe? Oh. Goody.

• Bad 2

[KWA]
Members
299 posts
4,167 battles

It's a good looking ship though. So what if Soviet navy wasn't all that great in real life? If it's fun I'll take it.

[OPG]
Members
3,870 posts
5,463 battles
2 hours ago, LancerUlysses said:

Had Clan Battles not been subject to shenaningans in the first season (and there is no clear indication that future seasons will not be subject to manipulation by certain Clans), it would not be such an issue for me. 

What does that have to do with the Stalingrad though?  Earning the Stalingrad flag and the final rankings of the clan battles season have next to nothing in common.  

1 hour ago, Umikami said:

but instead the fact that WoW is releasing this ship to commemorate a land battle which had absolutely nothing to do with ships at all

But they're not.  They're just using the anniversary of the Battle of Stalingrad as a means to release a behind the scenes dev blog about the development of the ship, which in turn generates more hype. You have the cause and affect backwards.  

Given the real life Stalingrad's status as one of the last gun cruisers that was ever laid down, and by extension the fact the Stalingrad is one of only a handful of Tier 10 cruisers that ever existed on a level more than just paper, she was always going to be a strong candidate to appear in this game, and she is certainly not being released just commerce the battle of Stalingrad.  *Not to mention the fact she probably won't even be made available until sometime this coming fall.   

Edited by yashma

Members
5,001 posts
60 battles
7 hours ago, yashma said:

What does that have to do with the Stalingrad though?  Earning the Stalingrad flag and the final rankings of the clan battles season have next to nothing in common.  

But they're not.  They're just using the anniversary of the Battle of Stalingrad as a means to release a behind the scenes dev blog about the development of the ship, which in turn generates more hype. You have the cause and affect backwards.  

Given the real life Stalingrad's status as one of the last gun cruisers that was ever laid down, and by extension the fact the Stalingrad is one of only a handful of Tier 10 cruisers that ever existed on a level more than just paper, she was always going to be a strong candidate to appear in this game, and she is certainly not being released just commerce the battle of Stalingrad.  *Not to mention the fact she probably won't even be made available until sometime this coming fall.   

Uh huh, pretty much the devs' reason to give away as a reward ship at first. Since the ship was named after Stalingrad, so why not give away for the celebration of the Battle of Stalingrad anniversary?

In other news, I just learned that Kronshtadt has been debutted as well. Without a doubt, it's Tier IX.

[PLPTV]
Members
1,457 posts
9,077 battles
11 hours ago, zarth12 said:

If you want the ship, get into typhoon 3 times, its not THAT hard. Nothing is gated from anyone. Those that don't get this ship, don't deserve it.

[PLPTV]
Members
1,457 posts
9,077 battles
11 hours ago, Xero_Snake said:

As announced several months earlier, we finally have the information about the Pr. 82 Stalingrad - this top tier heavy/battlecruiser is going to be available to top Clan players as the reward ship for testing in the wake of the celebration of the 75th anniversary of the Battle of Stalingrad, the bloodiest war in the Russian history.

Still, we yet to know if the devs would or are working on the possible Soviet battlecruiser line, since there is also the Pr. 69 Kronshtadt.

For more information & inquiry about the Soviet battlecruisers, you can always feel free to drop by in my dedicate battlecruiser line proposal thread for discussions. It's in my signature.

I am SO HARD right now.

Members
5,001 posts
60 battles
Just now, Ulthwey said:

I am SO HARD right now.

Break a leg, champ. Do your best & earn one for testing. Feel free to report to me how she work out. :cap_like:

Members
5,001 posts
60 battles
21 minutes ago, RealNewDeal said:

Great, releasing a ship to commemorate a land battle -_-

Not really. Again, this ship was named after Stalingrad, so why not give away in conjunction of Battle of Stalingrad? Besides, did you know that even the Soviet Marines played their part in that battle too?