Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
DamoclesCommando

Shiratsuyu lackluster AA for its sub tree and suggested fix

10 comments in this topic

Alpha Tester
85 posts
1,571 battles

So, as i've made my way from the hatsuharu towards the akizuki that i am SOOOO looking forward to, i've come upon the problem of the shiratsuyu, it doesnt fit, its AA is rather impotent compared to even its tech tree sister Akatsuki, but when one takes note of the fact that the entire line is building towards a AA focused destroyer it becomes even more obvious. the one item i think would fix this would be to count her 127's as DP mounts, i've not looked up historically to see if they are, and frankly its beside the point. if she is to fit in a line that is supposed to excel at AA fire she obviously needs to fit the bill.

it sits currently.

Hatsuharu

25mm    14x1 33dps @ 4.4km

25mm    1x2   7dps    @ 4.4km

25mm    3x3  24dps   @ 4.4km

127mm  2x2  27dps  @7.2km

current maximum dps  91

Shiratsuyu

25mm  4x1 10dps  @ 4.4
25mm  8x2 53dps  @ 4.4
25mm  2x3 16dps  @ 4.4

current maximum dps 79

<<hypothetical>>

127mm 2x2 26dps @ 7.2
127mm 1x1   7dps @ 7.2

new maximum dps 112

<<hypothetical>>

Akatsuki ( for comparison)

25mm    2x1    5dps  @ 4.4
25mm    1x2    7dps  @ 4.4
25mm    4x3  32dps  @ 4.4
127mm  3x2  40dps  @ 7.2

current maximum dps 84

Akizuki

25mm 18x1  42 @ 4.4

25mm  7x3  56 @ 4.4  

100mm 4x2 108 @ 7

maximum dps 206

these stats as listed include bonuses from basic firing training(+20% dps) , advanced firing training(+20% range) , aa guns mod 2(+20% range) , and the signal flag november echo setteseven(+10% dps). this applies to the hypothetical upgrade as well.

base values for 127mm are based on stock values for akatsuki's 127mm guns divided by 6(per barrel) these match the stats on hatsuharu.
works out to 5.05 dps per 127mm before any buffs.

this upgrade would bring her closer in line to fitting the role of an AA destroyer, as well as mitigate some of the sting of it having to choose between smoke and torpedo booster(i didnt own it then)

Members
603 posts
7,013 battles

reason why Hatsuharu 12.7cm count is because she use 12.7cm / 50 3rd year Type B (which have a +75 degree despite super low rate of fire)

Shiratsuyu on the other hand use 12.7cm / 50 3rd year Type C (which only have a +55 degree) While they can still kinda shoot at planes.....but the effectiveness is a lot lower than the already low Type B

The in game Shiratsuyu already have some "over the top" AA guns on her. while not impressive compared to others, still a lot better than the other ship uses the Type C gun (ya....the poor Kagero, and the up coming Asashio <-- early stat leak says she only has a poor 7 AA DPS as a T8)

The Shigure (last shiratsuyu class to be sunk in WW2) lost her single gun turret to get

3 3x25mm

1 2x25mm

15 1x25mm

4 1x13mm

The in game shiratsuyu actually kinda manage arond a same level of AA power as the Shigure without losing her 2nd gun.

i guess all you can ask is really those 4 13mm . which is, tbh, trash as they have a combined DPS of 10 for 1.2km

• Cool 1

Alpha Tester
85 posts
1,571 battles

its just the ships is a joke compared to the akatsuki, and as the line is AA centric the ship is outclassed by its t6 counterpart

Members
603 posts
7,013 battles
3 minutes ago, DamoclesCommando said:

its just the ships is a joke compared to the akatsuki, and as the line is AA centric the ship is outclassed by its t6 counterpart

No one ever say this line is AA centric. don't let the Hatsuharu and Akizuki fool you.

and btw only Akizuki is a true AA ship, yet WG still refuse to give her AA consumable (cos the Kidd took it, JK)

I mean, we can still say Type C gun should count too even with a lower AA stat, and we can still ask for those pathatic 4 13mm

but AFAIK WG have a habit to keep a "lower than reality" AA for IJN ships. and the current Shiratsuyu is already a surprise for me (as well as Akizuki, she actually has Suzutsuki final state AA)

look at Yamato...she lost all her triple mount on her turret.

Nagato also lost some single mount

Poor Kongo basically got stripped off

don't even get me started on Atago as her twin mount are all gone

• Cool 1

Alpha Tester
85 posts
1,571 battles

yeah...btw hatsu has best raw AA of any t6 dd

yes farragut gets the consumable but loses a gun and her speed boost for the brief dps increase

hatsuharu
20.2 @ 5.0 total 68.2
48.5 @ 3.1

farragut(C) total 53.4
12.8 @ 5  x4 when active
18   @ 2
22.6 @ 3.5  x4 when active
gets AA consumable      

these are the stock numbers, without skills or upgrades

Members
603 posts
7,013 battles
1 minute ago, DamoclesCommando said:

yeah...btw hatsu has best raw AA of any t6 dd

yes farragut gets the consumable but loses a gun and her speed boost for the brief dps increase.

Hatsuharu trade a turret for that AA as well. Or do you want WG to make a side hull like the Farragut for the other IJN DD for more AA too? (which they did in the past, and no smart player would pick that hull)

• Cool 1

Alpha Tester
85 posts
1,571 battles
1 hour ago, SkyRail said:

Hatsuharu trade a turret for that AA as well. Or do you want WG to make a side hull like the Farragut for the other IJN DD for more AA too? (which they did in the past, and no smart player would pick that hull)

hatsu only has 2 twins to begin with but i get what you're trying to say

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
6,716 posts
11,332 battles

AA centric? What?

One boat in the line has decent AA for what it is... it's not a AA centric line.

Don't try to force Shiratsuyu to be something it's not and you might just enjoy it. Sure the nerf hurt it some but it's still able to drop a silly number of torps.

[RKLES]
Members
7,103 posts
8,758 battles

Only some CVs, CAs, CLs, and BBs carry good AA. Rather rare in the game to have DDs with even adequate AA much less good AA.

• Cool 1

[HINON]
WoWS Wiki Editor, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
6,498 posts
3,751 battles

IJN DDs have never been known for their AA aside from Akizuki, and air defense destroyer in purpose and design.

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this