Avalon304

[ALL] Functioning MS22 Camo Replacement

47 comments in this topic

[CMFRT]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
693 posts
1,687 battles

Hello! Im Avalon304. I make custom remodels for World of Tanks. Recently, however Ive been playing Warships a lot more and I really really missed the old CBT Measure 22 skins that most of the US Navy had. Rather than just install the old textures and have to deal with the in game camos conflicting with them or having to hide the ingame camos Ive learned how to actually replace the default permanant camos with others designs.

Using the old CBT textures as a base, Ive changed the permanent camos for ALL USN ships (thanks to @JB_24, for the following camos: Indianapolis, Iowa, New Mexico) except for the following:

• Arizona
  • Albany
  • Smith

This pack also modifies the camos for the top tier Pan Asian Destroyers:

• Lo Yang
  • Hsien Yang
  • Chung Mu
  • Yue Yang

An album of preview images can be found below:

https://imgur.com/a/kfHeE

This album contains previews for all ships included in the pack.

These are perma camo replacements. They replace the default premium camos of premiums ships and replaces the gold bought camo for tech tree ships.

If all of this interests you, you can download the pack here.

Enjoy!

~Avalon304

• Cool 7

[CMFRT]
693 posts
1,687 battles

Pack update! Another hour of work and 6 more ships now have a functioning MS-22 perma camo. The pack now also modifies the default camo of the following ships:

Texas:

Spoiler

UF4rn8a.jpg

Marblehead:

Spoiler

uWWy6Qm.jpg

Saipan:

Spoiler

QfngZEL.jpg

Black:

Spoiler

hrV7HQq.jpg

Fletcher:

Spoiler

xsc5B4H.jpg

Additionally the pack should now also modify the gold purchaseable camos for the following two tech tree ships:

• New York

however there are no previews because these are ships I do not own. (If you do own either of these ships and would like to provide preview images for them, please use the Sarushima Naval base, and take a picture similar to the ones already in this topic). (Additionally if you own these ships and there are errors with the camos please take a picture and show me whats wrong so I can fix it).

Further, all camos have had their colours altered, and now use the darker colours for the blue and grey sections.

~ Avalon304

[S0L0]
Members
204 posts
5,308 battles

thanks for giving credit! :D

and thanks for the Marblehead and Texas Camo as well, a nice bonus :D

• Cool 1

[CMFRT]
693 posts
1,687 battles

One more for tonight (unless I get really really bored):

Salem:

Spoiler

6FftjEl.jpg

and with Salem comes Des Moines (dont own Da Memes so no preview). 2 for the price of 1.

EDIT: And tonight is full of surprises. Thanks to @JB_24 the pack now also modifies the camo of the New Mexico. Sorry no preview, I dont own the New Mexico.  (Again if you own any of the ships without previews in this topic and feel like helping me complete them, take a picture of the ship(s) in the Sarushima Naval Base from the same angle as the ones already in this topic and I'll use them (with credit to you for providing them).

Also, who here can identify which of the textures affect which ship? They all have some fun names.

[CMFRT]
693 posts
1,687 battles

Updates! Today brings 3 ships and 4 hulls. The pack will now modify the gold purchasable camos for the following 3 ships:

Pensacola (both the A and B hulls):

Spoiler

Ub4QEn3.jpg

New Orleans:

Spoiler

RZgjEW7.jpg

Ranger:

Spoiler

nVMnCJ0.jpg

Thats all for now. Slowly getting close to having every US perma camo changed. There are a very few ships I wont be able to do:

• Midway
  • Enterprise
  • Arizona
  • Arkansas Beta

if the ship isnt listed its a ship that will be getting done eventually. If you know of someone who did a skin for one of the listed ships that is in Measure 22, let me know (particularly Midway, Lexington and the 2 US DDs) and I can use it as a template.

~Avalon304

[CMFRT]
693 posts
1,687 battles
17 hours ago, Battleship_MaineMk1 said:

This has been needed since day one. Thank you so much. o7

Glad youre enjoying it!

Just a quick update for now. No new ships but Ive updated the camouflages file to the current versions file meaning the new camos (the french one and any others added) shouldnt be broken.

I think the next ships are going to be Farragut (all hulls), North Carolina (all hulls) and Montana. Probably sometime later today.

[CMFRT]
693 posts
1,687 battles

Updates for tonight. 3 more ships join the pack.

Farragut (all hulls):

Spoiler

CYo4sD9.jpg

Additionally North Carolina (all hulls) and Montana gain MS22 camos.

With the addition of Farragut, thats the last ship that I currently own. Every ship from here on out will not have a preview (unless I somehow get access to all the ships I do not own or people submit images for use as previews). Tomorrow will probably see the addition of Colorado (finishing out the USN battleships), all Mahan hulls and Baltimore (finishing out the USN cruisers). After that I'll finish the USN destroyers (all Benson hulls and Gearing), and then finish the pack with the US CVs (Independance, Essex and Lexington). Im considering trying to get Mongahan fixed up with MS22 as well as Enterprise. Im also gonna dig out Midway's textures and see if that'll be easy to do so I can have all US tech tree ships from tier 6+ done.

Members
1 post

Great job! Is there any chance of a Montana replacement? I hate the standard look and would love to see a Measure 22 on her.

Edit: When I refreshed I just noticed you had updated the pack, thanks a lot!

Edited by SentosSentos
  • Cool 1

[CMFRT]
693 posts
1,687 battles
On 2/8/2018 at 6:03 AM, SentosSentos said:

Great job! Is there any chance of a Montana replacement? I hate the standard look and would love to see a Measure 22 on her.

Edit: When I refreshed I just noticed you had updated the pack, thanks a lot!

Glad youre enjoying it!

~~~

Tonights update includes 5 ships and 7 hulls. The pack now includes:

Colorado:

Spoiler

zEByHsX.jpg

Lo Yang:

Spoiler

jdQ2JhX.jpg

Baltimore:

Spoiler

QJBTXIA.jpg

Additionally, all Benson hulls, and all Mahan hulls gain Measure 22 camo as well.

The addition of Lo Yang means I am looking into adding the 3 top tier PADDs to the pack after I finish the rest of the USN ships.

[CMFRT]
693 posts
1,687 battles

Its midnight. I was bored. Im updating the pack with a special ship. The Arkansas Beta.

Arkansas Beta:

Spoiler

NKI3gBx.jpg

Why? Because I can. Im going to do nearly every USN ship, this includes Mongahan, Midway and Enterprise. The Only US ships that will not get Measure 22 is Arizona. Arizona will be preserved as she exists in game. And the tier 1-3 ships wont be getting it either. (No Albany, no Smith).

Speaking of ships; tomorrow will bring Gearing and Mongahan (which finishes out every US DD barring Smith). The following day will bring Independence, Lexington and Essex. After that I'll do Enterprise and Midway (which will finish out all US CVs and all US ships in general (barring Albany, Smith and Arizona)) and then do the top tier PADDs following that.

[CMFRT]
693 posts
1,687 battles

Pack update for tonight includes:

Monaghan:

Spoiler

Kuf2uC5.jpg

as well as Gearing, Marblehead Lima and Alabama ST (the latter two were simply overlooked before). Gearing and Monaghan finish off the US DDs. Tomorrow will bring Independence, Lexington and Essex. The following day will bring Enterprise and Midway., which will finish the US tech tree. Then Im going to look at the Hsienyang, Chung Mu and Yueyang after that.

[CMFRT]
693 posts
1,687 battles

Updates for tonight. Independence, Lexington and Essex are now in the pack. Honestly I really wish I could preview Lexington... because Im interested to see if it looks ok. I have a full album of all the current previews here:

Next week, during the Corgi even I'll grab preview for everything I dont have. (Im Corgi 109, so if you see me say hello).

Pack is nearly finished, 2 more US ships and then 3 Pan Asian Destroyers.

[CMFRT]
693 posts
1,687 battles

Pack update for tonight: Enterprise CV-6. Only one ship. Midway will come, but until I can actually see what Midway's current camo looks like, I cant even begin to make heads or tails of what part of the texture is what. So Midway is on hold until this weekend when I'll be able to see her in her current camo, and make a proper MS22 camo for her. Im going to work on the top tier PADDs tomorrow: Hsienyang, Chung Mu and Yueyang. Entering the home stretch.

Enterprise:

Spoiler

8xLEhbA.jpg

Full album of previews here.

[CMFRT]
693 posts
1,687 battles

Pack update for tonight! Includes the 3 top tier Pan Asian DDs: Hsien Yang, Chung Mu and Yue Yang. I must stress that of all the camos Ive done, these 3 are the ones Im most unsure about how they look Hopefully they look good. I'll be giving all of these camos a once over this weekend, when I can get on my Corgi account and preview them all (unless some users want to post pictures of those ships that dont have previews). This weekend will also bring Midway (provided I can make heads or tails of its texture), and finish out the pack. After that, I'll keep it up to date for future patches and add new USN (and US ships in other national trees).

Enjoy!

~ Avalon304

[JR]
[JR]
390 posts
4,124 battles

Lexington paint is kinda screwy.shot-18_02.18_16_30.58-0630.thumb.jpg.4d8fb879a6c3856cf411d8f28b922547.jpg

[CMFRT]
693 posts
1,687 battles

Welp this was probably the one perma camo that needed the most work... but its finially finished:

Midway:

Spoiler

NTKWLfE.jpg

With the completion of Midway in Measure 22... that makes every US tech tree ship tier 6+ complete, in addition to New York and Arkansas Beta and the tier 8-10 Pan Asian DDs. The pack is complete for the current ships in the game. In the future, when the US cruisers split, I'll add the new ones along with any other US ships that get added.

You can see pictures of the full pack here:

Album includes every ship changed by this pack (barring duplicates like the Marblehead Lima or Alabama ST which are just a Marblehead and Alabama respectively).

Ive also fixed several bugs in the camo XML for Lexington, Chung Mu and one or two other ships in todays update, so redownload the pack, reinstall and then restart your game and all should be well. If it isnt let me know and I'll see if I can fix it.

Enjoy!

~ Avalon304

• Cool 1

[JR]
[JR]
390 posts
4,124 battles

Excellent work!  My new favorite mod.:Smile_medal:

• Cool 1

[CMFRT]
693 posts
1,687 battles

Pack just updated for 0.7.2. Camoflauges.xml changed significantly, please update or some of the newly added camos will not function properly.

Members
1,235 posts
121 battles

Included in my modpack.

Edited by Aslain
  • Cool 1

[CMFRT]
693 posts
1,687 battles
On 3/5/2018 at 10:58 AM, Aslain said:

Included in my modpack.

Thanks Aslain! :D (If you want, you can also add this.)

~~~

Quick Update tonight: the camos are now using the proper values for 5-N Navy Blue (hull up to lowest point of main deck) and 5-H Haze Gray (every remainining vertical surface). Im considering modifying the camo masks and colouring the decks properly (20-B Deck Blue)... but thats a massive job...

Funnily enough the colours of the French Measure 22 like camo are actually way closer to the real values than the USN version is... which is weird. (Im talking like within .001 digits close). Anyway... thats all. This may move to my github in the near future, but other than that, unless new ships come out the rest of these updates will be just keeping the camo xml updated. (Unless WG changes textures on me... which will annoy me...)

[S0L0]
Members
204 posts
5,308 battles
15 hours ago, Avalon304 said:

Quick Update tonight: the camos are now using the proper values for 5-N Navy Blue (hull up to lowest point of main deck) and 5-H Haze Gray (every remainining vertical surface). Im considering modifying the camo masks and colouring the decks properly (20-B Deck Blue)... but thats a massive job...

That seems like more a of skin thing, mainly because if you change the masking of the camos you'll get..interesting patterns/colors on the deck of the ships if you run other camos.

Thanks for the historical colors tho :)

[CMFRT]
693 posts
1,687 battles
On 3/7/2018 at 6:49 PM, JB_24 said:

That seems like more a of skin thing, mainly because if you change the masking of the camos you'll get..interesting patterns/colors on the deck of the ships if you run other camos.

Thanks for the historical colors tho :)

Yea, youre probably right. I'll just leave the decks alone.

~~~

Quick Update: The mod is now on my GitHub... which really changes nothing for users, but it makes it super easy to update for me... which is nice. Thats all.