Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
JochenHeiden

Hsien Yang is beast!

9 comments in this topic

[RUSHB]
Members
863 posts
7,847 battles

9c7ffafddd703aa9877e737dbc941ccd.png

I don't know what it is about this ship, but it is really clicking for me.  I am more than halfway to the Chung Mu and have little to complain about it.  The majoriy of these 7 battles were in Tier X matches too.

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
2,861 posts
13,338 battles

Nice OP. 

It has a good balance of stealth and firepower

[-GPS-]
Members
2,521 posts
24,580 battles

Hsienyang and Chung Mu have both surprised me. On paper they as the same or a little bit worse than Benson and Fletcher, respectively. However, my results have been better in both ships. Especially Chung Mu with a 70% win rate after 55 battles  

Two things stand out in your stats. Your survival rate is awesome. We know how important DDs are in the end game. Also, your torpedo hit rate is unusually high. Hsienyang’s torps are slow, just like Benson’s, but that 800 meter detection obviously works for you. It’s especially important when your target is moving away from you. 

[SALVO]
Members
16,618 posts
17,276 battles
On ‎2‎/‎5‎/‎2018 at 12:28 AM, JochenHeiden said:

9c7ffafddd703aa9877e737dbc941ccd.png

I don't know what it is about this ship, but it is really clicking for me.  I am more than halfway to the Chung Mu and have little to complain about it.  The majoriy of these 7 battles were in Tier X matches too.

Jochen, which torps do/did you prefer on the Hsien Yang?  Much as I like extra range, I can't help but feeling that the 6 kts of extra speed might make the stock torps preferable.  

[EGO]
Members
88 posts
12,024 battles

Just played my first battle OP and you are right, she IS a BEAST.  Fast, handles nicely, fast guns that do some damage.   Tons of fun.  I keep very few ships as I work a line (I have 14x T10s) but this one is off to a great start and I really like her after one mission.

image.thumb.png.e19f6a99924087fcaf4a3fd2ab1e22ae.png

[IBAD]
[IBAD]
Beta Testers
119 posts
3,258 battles

I assume you guys are not running stock because I'm having a rough time in her so far.  I guess I have to get reacquainted with USN style play frim here on out.

Members
72 posts
12,549 battles

Hsien-Yang is a viable ship if you're good at Benson destroyer.

The deep water torp is icing on the cake.

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
2,861 posts
13,338 battles
27 minutes ago, dearmrfrodo1 said:

Hsien-Yang is a viable ship if you're good at Benson destroyer.

The deep water torp is icing on the cake.

IMO it is not as good as the Benson (Deep water torps mean you can't control the caps as well, in all other respects it plays the same)  but a solid ship nonetheless.  Particularly when you are top tier!

The Deep water torps make you more potent against BBs/CAs but the low range introduces a lot of risk as you need to get within radar range to launch

Sign in to follow this