Jump to content
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Erebthoron

Since the Eagles won the Superbowl

27 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

1,124
[ARGSY]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,121 posts
18,636 battles

Could we get the Aigle tomorrow for halve the price at he NA server?

  • Cool 2
  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,259
[WOLF2]
Members
2,992 posts
5,204 battles

I'm aiming higher and cashing in on everything that would happen when hell freezes over.

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
81
[_FOG_]
[_FOG_]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
431 posts
2,670 battles
20 minutes ago, Erebthoron said:

Could we get the Aigle tomorrow for halve the price at he NA server?

How about the USS Eldridge  lol

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
1,334 posts
1,343 battles
39 minutes ago, Battleship_Constitution said:

no

So mean~ 

 

Speaking of ships, can we get Kutuzov-sama back for a day as well~ I've been a good girl these past weeks. 

I haven't

Or Kitakami-chan~ :cap_haloween:

 

Edited by Incendiary_Tanker

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
1,238 posts
8,932 battles

I hear tell about that Kitakami.....and I guess Minnesota freezing over could pose a problem, but the game was played indoors, not in infantry weather like good ole fashioned playoff football should be played...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
519 posts
3,350 battles
36 minutes ago, commodore_torakula said:

I hear tell about that Kitakami.....and I guess Minnesota freezing over could pose a problem, but the game was played indoors, not in infantry weather like good ole fashioned playoff football should be played...

The days of Bud Grant comes to mind..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
3,360 posts
3,915 battles

I'm having a very difficult time replying to this thread without saying something extremely nasty.

Potatoes.

Rocks.

Clotheslines.

Duckies.

Marshmallows.

There. I made it.

anime-cooking-gif-8.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,824
[ARRGG]
[ARRGG]
Members
5,770 posts

 Ever notice the Popular, Favored to win,Front Runner HAVE LOST! Maybe the karma Train is loaded and running full speed down life's tracks and the brakes are shot.The end of the line is welcome to the rest of us crowd. Popularity contests have run their course. The Meek shall inherit the earth.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
1,238 posts
8,932 battles
27 minutes ago, Cruiser_Fiume said:

I'm having a very difficult time replying to this thread without saying something extremely nasty.

Potatoes.

Rocks.

Clotheslines.

Duckies.

Marshmallows.

There. I made it.

anime-cooking-gif-8.gif

what have you got against sports?.....WoW is a form of sport......the Olympics and sports were invented to have a substitute for war.......and it works.....I'm not into soccer, but the World Cup is a good deal better an idea than Armageddon every 4 years.....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
1,238 posts
8,932 battles
23 minutes ago, CLUCH_CARGO said:

 Ever notice the Popular, Favored to win,Front Runner HAVE LOST! Maybe the karma Train is loaded and running full speed down life's tracks and the brakes are shot.The end of the line is welcome to the rest of us crowd. Popularity contests have run their course. The Meek shall inherit the earth.

I'm not sure what you're getting at....The Meek will indeed inherit the earth.....but they won't do it by being meek.....and what would they want with a used-up earth?....maybe that's what you're getting at?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
3,360 posts
3,915 battles
3 minutes ago, commodore_torakula said:

what have you got against sports?.....WoW is a form of sport......the Olympics and sports were invented to have a substitute for war.......and it works.....I'm not into soccer, but the World Cup is a good deal better an idea than Armageddon every 4 years.....

You totally missed what I was saying. Totally. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
900
Members
5,579 posts
3,952 battles

Modern sports seem very boring. It's hard to be invested in a team's performance when it's a random bunch of people. There should be a team for each state, and it should be a rule that the teams can only have players from their state.

Edited by Elegant_Winter

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
1,238 posts
8,932 battles
1 minute ago, Elegant_Winter said:

Modern sports seem very boring. It's hard to get invested in a team's performance when it's a random bunch of people. There should be a team for each state that can only have players from that state.

They used to do something like that in the NBA and the NFL called regional picks....I'm not sure if they did it in MLB....part of the drafts would be conducted in order to give teams prospects that were local to the team to the exclusion of other teams.....Oscar Robertson was a regional pick in the NBA....there were many, but it wasn't done to the exclusion of an ordinary draft....Teams can and still do draft players from local high schools, colleges, etc. that are local to the team....sometimes a kid who grew up in one place ends up playing somewhere else and a trade brings him back home.....

systematically this'd run into one problem--most sports are regionally imbalanced even within themselves....Baseball has to be played where it's sunny most of the time, wherever that is....Kids that grow up in Maine are not going to have time much of the year to hone their baseball skills and a Maine team is going to get stomped routinely by a Florida or a California team in that system....

but smaller leagues could be exclusive to their region.....too bad big-time sports has taken things like that away because big business sports is fueled by TV rights contracts and those can let regionality hang...there are few minor-league franchises in baseball that can compete....I'm a baseball nut and even I'm not familiar with them....

....as usual I've WAY overexplained something here....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
93
[SYN]
Members
334 posts
11,607 battles

To honor Philadelphia, USS Olympia should be added to the game.

Or rather Olympia should be added to the game, period.

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,752
[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
6,103 posts
1,313 battles
4 hours ago, bremen_ said:

To honor Philadelphia, USS Olympia should be added to the game.

Or rather Olympia should be added to the game, period.

YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES

 

*inhales*

 

YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES

 

*inhales again*

 

YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES

 

*dies*

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
656
[WOLF1]
Members
2,632 posts
8,222 battles

Discount on Prinz's Adler camo, since it's an eagle and Prinz was in Philadelphia for a time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
532
[KP]
Members
2,005 posts
18,484 battles
6 hours ago, bremen_ said:

To honor Philadelphia, USS Olympia should be added to the game.

Or rather Olympia should be added to the game, period.

It should be added because it's the capital of my home state. That and no other reason historical or otherwise LOL. Pure sarcasm. But yeah add Olympia more ships!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
900
Members
5,579 posts
3,952 battles
15 hours ago, commodore_torakula said:

They used to do something like that in the NBA and the NFL called regional picks....I'm not sure if they did it in MLB....part of the drafts would be conducted in order to give teams prospects that were local to the team to the exclusion of other teams.....Oscar Robertson was a regional pick in the NBA....there were many, but it wasn't done to the exclusion of an ordinary draft....Teams can and still do draft players from local high schools, colleges, etc. that are local to the team....sometimes a kid who grew up in one place ends up playing somewhere else and a trade brings him back home.....

systematically this'd run into one problem--most sports are regionally imbalanced even within themselves....Baseball has to be played where it's sunny most of the time, wherever that is....Kids that grow up in Maine are not going to have time much of the year to hone their baseball skills and a Maine team is going to get stomped routinely by a Florida or a California team in that system....

but smaller leagues could be exclusive to their region.....too bad big-time sports has taken things like that away because big business sports is fueled by TV rights contracts and those can let regionality hang...there are few minor-league franchises in baseball that can compete....I'm a baseball nut and even I'm not familiar with them....

....as usual I've WAY overexplained something here....

That would make it interesting: that some teams would be stronger than others due to population or whatever other circumstance. It would allow there to be natural narratives of weaker versus stronger and so on.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
1,238 posts
8,932 battles
2 minutes ago, Elegant_Winter said:

That would make it interesting: that some teams would be stronger than others due to population or whatever other circumstance. It would allow there to be natural narratives of weaker versus stronger and so on.

It might put cultural differences in the forefront, in that an American from Maine all his/her life would be terribly unlikely to perform or be coached out of Maine anything like a Californian would...They could move to California and play for anybody at anything, but they would never forget they're from Maine.....Can one culture be naturally or inherently better or stronger than another?.....that's a can of worms I'm not going to open up, because it's probably not demonstrably true.....but I'd say in football it can....in other sports it can....

yah like you said modern sports might be harder to follow with your heart, because the players switch allegiances and it has nothing to do with where they grew up....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
900
Members
5,579 posts
3,952 battles
2 minutes ago, commodore_torakula said:

It might put cultural differences in the forefront, in that an American from Maine all his/her life would be terribly unlikely to perform or be coached out of Maine anything like a Californian would...They could move to California and play for anybody at anything, but they would never forget they're from Maine.....Can one culture be naturally or inherently better or stronger than another?.....that's a can of worms I'm not going to open up, because it's probably not demonstrably true.....but I'd say in football it can....in other sports it can....

yah like you said modern sports might be harder to follow with your heart, because the players switch allegiances and it has nothing to do with where they grew up....

There should also be a loyalty system that makes it so a player can't simply move to another state to play for that team in my opinion. *Real* allegiance.

 

The differences (cultural and otherwise) would be very interesting observe. But we instead live in a land where we pretend differences don't exist. It's extremely dumb.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
1,238 posts
8,932 battles
13 minutes ago, Elegant_Winter said:

There should also be a loyalty system that makes it so a player can't simply move to another state to play for that team in my opinion. *Real* allegiance.

 

The differences (cultural and otherwise) would be very interesting observe. But we instead live in a land where we pretend differences don't exist. It's extremely dumb.

There was a loyalty system that left players without the right to switch allegiances, irrespective of their wishes....It didn't even have to do with whether they were black or white....Their loyalty had nothing to do with what team they played for or how much money they were being paid....It was called the reserve clause and it gifted owners with the right to retain players under contract or cut them loose--but either way they had no right to offer their services to another team in another town unless their owner severed ties with them for over a year...  the free agency system put a stop to this, but it took principled, courageous players like Curt Flood and Sandy Koufax to stand up to ownership and say, "If you won't pay me what I'm worth, I'll quit....and if you want to take it to court, so be it"....Later, players were willing to sit out a full year to have their case(s) tested in US courts--up to the Supreme Court....

...It was a lot like slavery, except players that made the cut were paid...they weren't forced to play baseball for nothing or whipped openly... Now the ones that make it are uber-rich and fans can't stand it....but sports is going to do whatever the market will bear--if you don't like the rich ballplayer, don't watch him/her on TV or pay to see the game or buy baseball gear...your team or any team....simple as that....

So I'm not sure what's dumb about the world we're talking about....but it's certainly frustrating.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×