Sign in to follow this  
Troffleops

How big is the game!!? Its downloading endless patches

6 comments in this topic

Members
2 posts
137 battles

I just don't get it, either this is the biggest video game every created in the history of man, or something is VERY wrong.

I had the game installed ages ago, and decided to come back. I didn't check to see if I deleted it, just downloaded a new setup file and started it. My internet connection is 6/mbs. I can easily download 30-50 gigs in a few hours or less if it stays consistant. World of Warships however, only gives me 600kb/s. Fine whatever, wargaming hates me. I let it run for 3 hours. I came back, and its still mucking about. I don't understand. How big is this game? Since I've been watching its downloaded a 15gig download, a 10gig download, and its now working on a 14gig download. What the hell is it doing? What could it possibly be doing? Is this a 100 gig game? There is literally no reason for it to just do endless downloads. I chose the high sound, NOT Ultra... it just shouldn't be downloading all of this extra crap. I know as soon as it finishes this 14gig download its going to give me Updating Game Components: Receiving updates, and will start on a 20 gig download or something.

WHEN DOES IT [edited]END!? WHEN CAN I PLAY YOUR GODDAMNED GAME!>!>?!>!>L

[H-W-C]
Members
1,258 posts
3,306 battles

You said you installed it a long time ago?

Well, now you have to install every single patch ever released, ever since the last time you opened the launcher.

After all, you didn't check to see if you uninstalled it.

Edited by warpath_33

[CUTE]
[CUTE]
Supertester
4,084 posts
4,098 battles
1 hour ago, Troffleops said:

My internet connection is 6/mbs. I can easily download 30-50 gigs in a few hours or less if it stays consistant. World of Warships however, only gives me 600kb/s. 

Are you sure if your internet is 6 Megabits or megabytes per second? Because then that 600kb/s sounds pretty realistic. Otherwise, go into the wargaming centre, click on the cogwheel on the left, click updates tab and tick where it says "No uploading"

[H-W-C]
Members
1,258 posts
3,306 battles
1 hour ago, Troffleops said:

I had the game installed ages ago, and decided to come back. I didn't check to see if I deleted it, just downloaded a new setup file and started it.

This line explains it. He installed the thing ages ago and stopped playing (last year based on his first post). He didn't delete it and just started a new install. That must of found the existing files and instead of installing the game from scratch it started to update to every patch every released.

Sign in to follow this