Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
W1Z22

PT question about unlocking the french BB

7 comments in this topic

[POP]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
250 posts
2,400 battles

So i decided to download and play the public test because you can play as one of the french BBs and i was excited to try it out. However even after beating 5 random battles (thats supposed to unlock it) I get nothing. I did get the collectibles unlocked. So i thought, maybe i need ALL 18 of the collectibles. Seems like a ton of work and i saw a few people driving the french BB around. So I get all the collectibles, unlocking the special french captain..and yet...still no french BB... wth!??!?!

TL;DR Did the main mission and got all the collectibles and the special captain but I still cant test out the french BB on test server.

If anyone else is on the test server can you tell me what you had to do for the ship? 

[ARGSY]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,121 posts
18,636 battles

The mission for the Alsace is random. Every win after the 5th can give you the ship. I was lucky and got it with the 5th.

[POP]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
250 posts
2,400 battles

is that written down some place or just what people are guessing?

[ARGSY]
5,121 posts
18,636 battles
14 minutes ago, W1Z22 said:

is that written down some place or just what people are guessing?

Was in the PTS notes but they updated them so I cannot find it anymore. I‘m not sure if you can get the ship in the actual build. Not sure if I got the mission from a container or after the win.

[TAZ]
Members
393 posts

what tier vessels did you win the battles in; i think you had a tier requirement

[-AVA-]
Members
137 posts
7,218 battles

It is distinctly possible that you could only get the ship in Part 1 but that is speculation on my part. To get it then, you completed 5 wins in random battles that got you 5 containers and unlocked a mission to get the Alsace, which was basically just play any game. Complete the mission and it was sitting in the port with a 15-point captain. After that, you only needed to play/win any game (random or co-op) with any ship to get another container, rinse and repeat. Continue that until you get all 18 collectibles and you get the sooper-dooper wazoo French Flag. Along the way you acquire a ton of the French Flag and other camo.

That's how it all worked out for me anyway. . .

Edited by syd_

[ARGSY]
5,121 posts
18,636 battles

Found it in the patchnotes from the ASIA server:

Aside from these loots, these Containers will also have a chance to include a special Combat Mission, where you will be awarded with the unique Tier IX Battleship Alsace, equipped with 12 sets of 380 mm guns and are compatible with "Engine Boost" consumables.

Sign in to follow this