You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
goldeagle1123

So when are Pan-Asian DDs getting their smoke nerfed?

78 comments in this topic

Members
5,021 posts
2,958 battles

The high tiers are basically USN DDs with better torps, don't forget the hilariously overpowered Gadjah Mada, but despite being already very strong they got ridiculously overpowered smoke that, with the premium smoke consumable, have virtually no smoke downtime. They can hide in smoke for virtually the entire game almost if there are two of them, and they burn down cruisers before they can even dig them out with hydro. Why on Earth WG did this is beyond me, they need their overpowered smoke removed, we have enough smoke in the game as it is.

• Cool 2
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 6

[KRAB]
Members
615 posts
5,838 battles

They have better smoke because they can't torp other destroyers. That hurts a lot on cap contesting and general knife fighting. 

The PA DDS have their highs and lows, but a straight smoke Nerf would hurt them too much. 

• Cool 3

Members
5,021 posts
2,958 battles
19 minutes ago, MaxL_1023 said:

They have better smoke because they can't torp other destroyers. That hurts a lot on cap contesting and general knife fighting. 

The PA DDS have their highs and lows, but a straight smoke Nerf would hurt them too much. 

They do fine in knife fights, they have the insanely powerful USN rifles that obliterate anything close range. And their torps are overpowered already, they might not hit DDs but they're virtually undetectable, and [edited] cruisers and BBs. A tradeoff I would take any day on any given DD. They need their smoke nerfed hard, because as is they can sit in smoke forever and burn down and torp anything that tries to do anything about it.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 1

[KRAB]
Members
615 posts
5,838 battles

Not all PA DDs have USN guns, and the ones that do are rarely any better than their USN counterparts. They ARE better against BBs and CAs due to their torp detectability and smoke, but they are objectively worse at engaging destroyers. Also, they are hurt much more by  Radar or Hydro-Equipped ships due to their reliance on smoke and deepwater torpedoes (which are often slightly slower than normal). 

[SF-E]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
1,166 posts
13,758 battles

Another wahmulance need ordered.

Also.. Gadjah is N Class UK DD, Fushun is a Gnevny class. 

• Funny 1
  • Bad 1

Members
9,434 posts
11,601 battles

with US DD Smoke, the cool down is only slightly longer due to longer smoke.  (I believe my sims only have 25sec vs 15 for padd )  The fact that they can't torp other DD makes them weaker against other DD. at high tier, I've seen upto 5 radar per side and usually 3 per side and it is very hard to stay in smoke anyway until late in match.  you really need to support your DD so that you can beat the red team.   most teams I see tend to hide and let their DD gets killed then whine about torps.     

• Cool 1

Members
2,223 posts
14,034 battles
39 minutes ago, goldeagle1123 said:

They can hide in smoke for virtually the entire game almost if there are two of them, and they burn down cruisers before they can even dig them out with hydro.

This made me ROFL....that's why there's radar in the game. You flush them out with radar and use the hydro to pick up their torps.

• Cool 1

[SIDE]
Members
718 posts
3,160 battles

When they give us Radar and Smoke at the same time. Until then Don't touch my smoke.

• Bad 2

[RIPQP]
Members
435 posts
12,323 battles
54 minutes ago, goldeagle1123 said:

They can hide in smoke for virtually the entire game almost if there are two of them

So like... every other DD that isn't German?

Members
5,021 posts
2,958 battles
15 minutes ago, 1SneakyDevil said:

This made me ROFL....that's why there's radar in the game. You flush them out with radar and use the hydro to pick up their torps.

That would be a reasonable statement, if every other ship in the game had radar. Unfortunately, no ships in the game save for VMF, USN cruisers, RN cruisers if they want to give up smoke, MO, and Black have radar. So you're basically helpless if you're not one of those ships.

3 minutes ago, grumpymunky said:

So like... every other DD that isn't German?

Every other ships in the can't do it alone, a Pan-Asian DD nearly can. It has what like 30 seconds between smokes? Most other nations have something like 90? Yeah. That's overpowered as hell.

• Boring 1

[RIPQP]
Members
435 posts
12,323 battles
3 minutes ago, goldeagle1123 said:

Every other ships in the can't do it alone, a Pan-Asian DD nearly can. It has what like 30 seconds between smokes? Most other nations have something like 90? Yeah. That's overpowered as hell.

That I can agree with. But it's not quite what you said, is it? :Smile-_tongue:

[WOLFB]
Members
1,672 posts
8,070 battles

I don't really find Pan Asia DD to be that OP with their smoke. Well it's probably because Akizuki crapon Pan Asia but yeah, any decent gunboat DD will eat Pan Asia because they don't need to pay attention to torps 

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
6,747 posts
11,365 battles
4 minutes ago, lemekillmister said:

When will all the other ships that aren't mine be nerfed?

:Smile_great: Nailed it!

[WGA]
Administrator
667 posts
249 battles

There are no plans to make changes to the Pan Asian smoke at this time but we're certainly interested in hearing folks feedback on why that change would be needed.

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
2,891 posts
13,427 battles

Show us where the big bad pan-asian DD touched you OP

• Funny 3
  • Bad 1

Members
9,434 posts
11,601 battles

USDD has about 30sec between smoke with premium vs 15 for   PADD.           I just was in my z52 against 2 yueyang and i killed one and help kill the other.   standard mode, so no cap.   the yueyang made sure that they were moving so that they could run and never stayed in the smoke because I was around.   i actually never got to use my hydro  lol. 

Members
5,021 posts
2,958 battles
31 minutes ago, lemekillmister said:

When will all the other ships that aren't mine be nerfed?

26 minutes ago, Kapitan_Wuff said:

:Smile_great: Nailed it!

14 minutes ago, Camo68 said:

Show us where the big bad pan-asian DD touched you OP

Seeing a whole lot of "lulz, YOu GoT kiLLed by duH ayShun DD, GiT guD", and not a lot of rational thought. DDs that have only 30 seconds between their smokes and insanely good torpedoes and guns are what we call overpowered.

Edited by goldeagle1123
  • Boring 1

Members
3,333 posts
8,055 battles
Just now, goldeagle1123 said:

Seeing a whole of "lulz, YOu GoT kiLLed by duH ayShun DD, GiT guD", and not a lot of rational thought. DDs that have only 30 seconds between their smokes and insanely good torpedoes and guns are what we call overpowered.

No, that's what you call overpowered.

Members
5,021 posts
2,958 battles
8 minutes ago, lemekillmister said:

No, that's what you call overpowered.

Nah, they are about as close as it gets to objectively overpowered. The ships have zero weaknesses save for they can't torpedo other DDs, which is easily remedied by the fact that they can obliterate any DD that comes close enough for a knife fight.

• Boring 1

Members
9,434 posts
11,601 battles

yet they still do less dmg than BB and have lower survivability at the same tier and their damage quality is lower despite having higher stat. (meaning more dmg from BB)       so what you are saying is that PADD suck less than other DDs.   lol.   

at higher tier, I find them solid but KM DD has probably bit better playability.         Only PADD that may be strong is  T7, but mostly because of its MM.   

Edited by centarina
  • Cool 1

Members
3,333 posts
8,055 battles
9 minutes ago, goldeagle1123 said:

Nah, they are about as close as it gets to objectively overpowered. The ships have zero weaknesses save for they can't torpedo other DDs, which is easily remedied by the fact that they can obliterate any DD that comes close enough for a knife fight.

Just because you used the word 'objectively' with some nonsensical opinions doesn't make for an objectively presented case or argument. 

Edited by lemekillmister

[SIM]
Members
2,456 posts
4,093 battles
23 minutes ago, goldeagle1123 said:

Seeing a whole lot of "lulz, YOu GoT kiLLed by duH ayShun DD, GiT guD", and not a lot of rational thought. DDs that have only 30 seconds between their smokes and insanely good torpedoes and guns are what we call overpowered.

Insanely good torpedoes against things that aren’t destroyers. That’s the rub, PA DDs that leverage their smoke are easy prey for DDs that can launch torpedoes at their smoke in volume.

[MIA-A]
Members
1,983 posts
6,579 battles

While competitive metas are different, you need only to look at how rare they were in both clan battles, ranked, and the recent KoTS tournament to see what a lot of players think about them...