You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Popeye444

Too many torps

29 comments in this topic

Members
13 posts
9,479 battles

In WW2 torpedo's were treated like gold. In this game DD's can fire 12+ at one time....please make it realistic.

• Cool 2
  • Funny 3
  • Boring 2
  • Bad 3

[WOLF2]
Members
867 posts
7,019 battles

Too many torps means me and my team aren't doing a good job in eliminating the threat.   Even worse than your example, is dancing your BB around 11 of the torps, catching one, repair the flooding, only to see 12 more torps that were cross-dropped by another unseen DD.

At that point, I'll give 'em a kudos in chat for being an effective DD team.

• Cool 2

[HINON]
Supertester
18,966 posts
12,487 battles
4 minutes ago, Popeye444 said:

In WW2 torpedo's were treated like gold. In this game DD's can fire 12+ at one time....please make it realistic.

In WW2 there were two dozen destroyers to each battleship. Still want to make it realistic?

• Cool 5
  • Funny 2
  • Bad 1

[H-W-C]
Members
1,259 posts
3,306 battles
5 minutes ago, Popeye444 said:

Alright then, because "realism" you should also allow destroyers to respawn ten times for every battleship in the match. Happy?

Oh, and also for realism, we gotta remove time compression too, it'll take the entire battle just to get moving.

And because realism is so precious to you, after the hours it'll take to actually sight the enemy, it'll take another ten minutes just to have one side land a single shot because of realistic shell hit rates.

Still trying to drag realism into this game?

• Angry 1

[CAST]
Members
1,401 posts
5,815 battles
7 minutes ago, Popeye444 said:

Okay, let's make it realistic: if you ever get sunk you can never play the game again.

• Cool 1
  • Bad 1

[H-W-C]
Members
1,259 posts
3,306 battles
Just now, Harv72b said:

Okay, let's make it realistic: if you ever get sunk you can never play the game again.

We gotta go further. If you sink in game you drown next time you go near water in real life.

• Boring 1

Members
3,554 posts
6,867 battles

I am starting to think the forum bot posts topics like this--"too many torps", or "buff this" or "nerf that"... just to give us dialectical catnip to get us reacting. Of course the best bait to deploy still, is "WHY NO SUBS??"

[NMKJT]
Beta Testers
21,215 posts
3,871 battles
11 minutes ago, Popeye444 said:

Okay, cool.

And running 1 battleship will cost you 10 million credits per match.

Still want to bring realism into it?

Members
343 posts
6,782 battles
20 minutes ago, Popeye444 said:

please make it realistic.

In other words, do away with 99.9% of the game, because pretty much NONE of it is actually "realistic".

[CAST]
Members
1,401 posts
5,815 battles
Just now, Jarink said:

In other words, do away with 99.9% of the game, because pretty much NONE of it is actually "realistic".

But I thought actual warships simply came to a halt with no damage after they rammed into islands?

Members
1,201 posts
8,185 battles

The only thing particularly realistic about this game is the detailed and mostly accurate modeling of the ships, and the fairly realistic (though simplified) ballistic/penetration model.  The actual gameplay mechanics are pure videogame and should remain as such.

[BNKR]
Members
674 posts
1,254 battles
20 minutes ago, warpath_33 said:

We gotta go further. If you sink in game you drown next time you go near water in real life.

I'm out...my worst fear is dying of lack of breath!  You can shoot me, blow me up, best my head in with a bat. I just don't want to die gasping for breath. 

[CAST]
Members
1,401 posts
5,815 battles
Just now, BullpupWOT said:

I'm out...my worst fear is dying of lack of breath!  You can shoot me, blow me up, best my head in with a bat. I just don't want to die gasping for breath. 

I would personally prefer drowning over being gummed to death by several dozen toothless badgers.

• Funny 1

[BNKR]
Members
674 posts
1,254 battles
Just now, Harv72b said:

I would personally prefer drowning over being gummed to death by several dozen toothless badgers.

Not me...bring on the badgers. 

[HINON]
[HINON]
Members
4,972 posts
6,460 battles

this isn't a simulator buddy, if you want a simulator warship game, i suggest Silent Hunter or Cold Waters

[BNKR]
Members
674 posts
1,254 battles
41 minutes ago, Stauffenberg44 said:

I am starting to think the forum bot posts topics like this--"too many torps", or "buff this" or "nerf that"... just to give us dialectical catnip to get us reacting. Of course the best bait to deploy still, is "WHY NO SUBS??"

Used to have a board game called, "Sub Search". It was kinda like battle ship and 3 dimensional chess rolled into one. It was really fun. 

Members
3,554 posts
6,867 battles
14 minutes ago, BullpupWOT said:

Used to have a board game called, "Sub Search". It was kinda like battle ship and 3 dimensional chess rolled into one. It was really fun. 

I think they should bring in bot-subs for convoy missions... DDs get depth charges and amped up sonar--wthn?

Supertester, Alpha Tester
6,026 posts
1 hour ago, Popeye444 said:

In WWII Battleships did not have healing potions....please make it realistic.

[WOLF9]
Members
1,046 posts
1 hour ago, Harv72b said:

So, X-Rated Retirement Home is not you favorite adult film then?

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
6,727 posts
11,353 battles

I would not play this game if it was realistic lol.

Gotta love these cry post from people that haven't even begun to think it through.

:cap_popcorn:

[ARGSY]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,121 posts
18,636 battles

Less then a minute to spot a carrier deck and get 6 flights in the air. Sounds realistic to me.

[WOLFB]
Members
1,668 posts
8,058 battles

Make this game realistic: nerf BB accuracy .

:Smile_popcorn:

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
2,880 posts
13,401 battles

Realism???   Yes please all our matches will be on Ocean and I love that map

• Cool 1