You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
LunchCutter

Surely there is some secret code in the MM to balance the game?

39 comments in this topic

Members
228 posts
1,077 battles

I had about 10 games over the weekend, won 9 of them, had some great fun. This morning (Monday here) I just played 10 losses straight. Even quitting out for a few hours after 7 losses and coming back is still resulting in comical losses.

Last game we didn't even sink a single enemy ship and my Mahan was killed in a single hit from a Omaha in the first 3m... The rest of the team was annihilated in 5 minutes:( Complete yolo stupidity. Even when I went to my goto ship (New Mexico) is seemed broken, firing a full AP broadside into a Fuji at 7k range did 5k damage yet a Kongo hitting the very tip of my nose with 1 shell wiped 16k off my health pool.. Even firing at the enemy CV did minimal damage to him.

Makes me think the match maker detects an unusual balance of winning and sets about punishing you in the following days.

• Cool 1
  • Bad 3

[ARGSY]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,088 posts
18,615 battles

Wish I would be at home and could post the BSG reset the clock meme here.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
15,103 posts
8,738 battles
5 minutes ago, Erebthoron said:

Wish I would be at home and could post the BSG reset the clock meme here.

2oDMSK7.gif

• Cool 5

[ARGSY]
5,088 posts
18,615 battles
2 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

2oDMSK7.gif

+1 thx!

[GWG]
[GWG]
15,103 posts
8,738 battles
3 minutes ago, Erebthoron said:

+1 thx!

Glad to be of service. :Smile_honoring:

Members
228 posts
1,077 battles

Love the memes that dominate every topic on this forum..  I actually saw one that was funny once..

• Boring 2

[HINON]
Members
8,771 posts

I should buy more stock in aluminum foil. The mm does not consider your win rate when setting up a match. Streaks will happen in this game.

[GWG]
[GWG]
15,103 posts
8,738 battles
11 minutes ago, RipNuN2 said:

I should buy more stock in aluminum foil. The mm does not consider your win rate when setting up a match. Streaks will happen in this game.

They always seem to show up and complain during a losing streak. The winning streaks are all because of skill. 

Members
228 posts
1,077 battles
9 minutes ago, RipNuN2 said:

Losing 10+ games straight surely is the equivalent of tossing a coin 10 times in the air and having it land on tails everytime?

[MIA-A]
Members
1,938 posts
6,535 battles
54 minutes ago, LunchCutter said:

Losing 10+ games straight surely is the equivalent of tossing a coin 10 times in the air and having it land on tails everytime?

It's not that unlikely to get either 9/10 heads in a coin toss outcome (~1% for 9/10).

Given how many players there are, how few of us experience this on a regular basis, and how many "player-days" are played it's not at all unexpected to see people get that outcome.

[ARGSY]
5,088 posts
18,615 battles
1 hour ago, LunchCutter said:

With every toss you have a 50% chance for either result. While it sounds uncommon  to get 10 times the same result it’s still 50% with every toss. 

Members
1,334 posts
1,343 battles

The secret code is your credit card info being placed in wargamings premium shop. 

[BIAS]
Members
2,991 posts
8,952 battles

Are you running premium account right now??? Your win rate will be higher if you are.

[OPG]
2,871 posts
10,411 battles

Every time you lost someone else had a win.

[MIA-A]
Members
1,938 posts
6,535 battles
23 minutes ago, Incendiary_Tanker said:

The secret code is your credit card info being placed in wargamings premium shop. 

10/10 can confirm, win rate went  up a lot after I started whaling up.

image.thumb.png.d9ca2899e275a9e051d6351b5a37f49c.png

You can clearly see this from my stats; WR was hovering right around 52%  and then I started whaling up and you can see my WR has gone up steadily since then.

Members
756 posts
15,482 battles

MatchMaker at its finest (from a little match just this morning - and NO, we were not in a Division):

UvKfxJ7.jpg

[MIA-A]
Members
1,938 posts
6,535 battles
5 minutes ago, theLaalaa said:

MatchMaker at its finest (from a little match just this morning - and NO, we were not in a Division):

UvKfxJ7.jpg

I'm sure those other players had a great time, particularly the person with a single game played. 

Thanks for your ongoing efforts in griefing new players making the game a fun game for new folks!

[WOLF4]
Members
78 posts
4,417 battles

16 minutes ago, theLaalaa said:

UvKfxJ7.jpg

What exactly are you trying to track using matchmaking monitor in tier 1?

Edited by Paulbearer82

Members
756 posts
15,482 battles
2 minutes ago, enderland07 said:

I'm sure those other players had a great time, particularly the person with a single game played. 

Thanks for your ongoing efforts in griefing new players making the game a fun game for new folks!

Research before posting rather than rushing uninformed but sure of yourself.

Here's the page for the poor guy with just "a single game played": https://worldofwarships.com/en/community/accounts/1028809811-/!/pvp/overview/

Here's the page for the other "new" guy: https://worldofwarships.com/en/community/accounts/1029076520-/!/pvp/overview/

...and as an aside, I let them fire at me until I was at about 40% health before answering their fire... just to keep it "a fun game" for them....

[MIA-A]
Members
1,938 posts
6,535 battles
2 minutes ago, theLaalaa said:

Research before posting rather than rushing uninformed but sure of yourself.

Here's the page for the poor guy with just "a single game played": https://worldofwarships.com/en/community/accounts/1028809811-/!/pvp/overview/

Here's the page for the other "new" guy: https://worldofwarships.com/en/community/accounts/1029076520-/!/pvp/overview/

...and as an aside, I let them fire at me until I was at about 40% health before answering their fire... just to keep it "a fun game" for them....

Ah, sorry, I didn't realize you only had about 10x as many games in tier one as those players do combined in the entire game in every single ship, I guess that makes it ok for you to farm them.

Members
756 posts
15,482 battles
Just now, Paulbearer82 said:

Almost makes me want to drop down to tier 1 for a while 

What exactly are you trying to track using matchmaking monitor in tier 1?

I keep myself updated on the skilled players in the Tier. They will always be my primary targets. Also, it allows me to discern the sharks with, say, 15 games in a boat but with an AVG frag count of 1 or 2.something-or-other, indicating to me a high skill level and thus likely a rerolled character.